Question regarding upgrading a park ticket or a 1 day park hopper to an Socal AP.

So I might going one a single day visit to disneyland with the family. My ticket along with everyone elses is being paid for as a gift from a family member.

My question is, if I decide I want to keep coming back to the parks and upgrade my ticket to an AP as long as im there, can I even though im not the original purchaser of the ticket?

Also, what locations can I go to do to this? Im going to pay the monthly fees instead of the one time payment.

Thanks for any info you can provide .

•   
    • Minion

Re: Question regarding upgrading a park ticket or a 1 day park hopper to an Socal AP.

I am pretty sure you'd be fine - I've never done this personally but I think they ask for the ticket, and not the proof of payment on the ticket. And your relative could always go with you and say it's a gift.

You need to go to one of the ticket booths. Be prepared for it to take a little bit of time because they have to print a contract for you, etc. And then once you have the pass and you're in the park, you will need to grab a PhotoPass photographer to take a photo for your file (do it right away. If not, you will find that every CM will remind you about it!).

And the monthly payment plans are only for California residents and they do ask for proof when you buy the pass, so make sure you have your drivers license or CA state ID.

Re: Question regarding upgrading a park ticket or a 1 day park hopper to an Socal AP.

Yes, you just need to go to a ticket booth before the ticket expires. The full value (actual price paid) of the ticket will be applied to your AP. Assuming you are Californian, the remaining balance will be split into 12 monthly payments, the first of which is usually charged immediately.

Will I still be charged my first months fee on the spot if I change my hopper ticket to a socal AP?

What time do you suggest I do this? Early in the morning coming into the park or midday? I don't want to spend too much time doing this if possible due to being with family and they will have to wait on me during the process :/

• -

It's definitely possible. There was a scam reported a couple of months ago (I don't remember where I read it) where people would actually wait outside the park and ask those departing if they still needed their entry ticket. Once the ticket was obtained, the scammer would then take the ticket to the ticket booths and try to use it toward the purchase of an annual pass.
    "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Warlock128 View Post
    What time do you suggest I do this? Early in the morning coming into the park or midday? I don't want to spend too much time doing this if possible due to being with family and they will have to wait on me during the process :/
    Do it while park hopping. The lines at the ticket booths are shorter during the day than in the morning. You can send the rest of the group on a bio-break to the restrooms in the Esplanade while they wait for you to finish, that way they are not just standing around the entire time.
    "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

• Minion

With a group there's inevitably waiting around time, particularly around meals, so you can, for example, eat fast and tell them you're going to slip out to get your pass. Or you can skip a ride. Don't forget a hand stamp as you leave the park just in case you can't get the pass for some reason.