Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Disneyland Dreamer

Best way to pay it forward

Looking for examples of paying it forward. I don't get there much, and all I've ever done is give out fast passes, but what's the best pay it forward you've done, and what do you think is the best to do?

Re: Best way to pay it forward

Most I've done is given out fast passes as well. I would imagine that the best gesture would be to purchase annual passes for the ticket purchasers behind you, although that is on the most extreme end of the spectrum! I will probably buy beignets for whoever is behind me in line at New Orleans Square this coming April to step it up a notch from the fast pass giveaways!
    I believe my future must be brighter than my past. Without that belief, I'm just waiting to die. --> http://www.youtube.com/theantidietsecrets

• Minion

Let me know when you'll be there, Sheriff. I'll make my way over to NOS.

• I'm not really here

Whenever we get front of the line passes for a ride breakdown or what have you, we look for people near the back of the line of the ride we're going to use it on and take them with us to the front.

Unused FPs.

We also print out and bring thank you cards with us to the parks. Usually a Disney character of some kind and it just says, "Thanks for making our trip magical" and our last name. We hand them out to anyone, guests, cast members, etc. For many reasons. Usually we hand them out as we pass and quickly move on. We're not looking for thanks or anything. Anything from CMs clearly having a difficult time but still putting a smile on, guests who have made us laugh or smile as we interact with them, many many reasons.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Selfie Expert

Most I've done is pass along Fast Passes, take pictures, or just offer help.

However, one of my next few trips I think I'm going to try something new. I have some leftover plastic tiaras from my baby shower (what?! My daughter is a PRINCESS!) that I'm thinking about bringing with me and passing out to little girls I stand next to in line or something.

Would this weird any parents out? I only have two, I think, so it's not like I'd be handing them out to masses. Just if I happen to see a couple little girls needing a little extra magic.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• At the bottom

Giving away fastpasses is a great way to pay it forward. Even though we travel almost a thousand miles to visit the DLR, we are never in a hurry and give away most our fastpasses.

But my most recent unique memory of paying it forward was on our last trip. A couple had just gotten engaged in front of the castle at closing, and asked if I would take a picture for them using their disposable camera. I did, and then I offered to take photos using my SLR. I am no professional, but it was nice to know they would have memories of their event better than a disposable camera could record.

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    Would this weird any parents out?
    It might, it might not. Ask them quickly if they'd mind if you gave them to them. Most probably won't have a problem. But you never know. It's just good form.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    It might, it might not. Ask them quickly if they'd mind if you gave them to them. Most probably won't have a problem. But you never know. It's just good form.
    I'd planned on that. I figured there could always be that parent who gets mad when people pay any kind of attention to their kid...

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Former Churro Jockey

My last day working there I arrived early and picked out four people waiting in line to buy tickets and signed them into the park for free.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

• Greetings, Program!

Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    My last day working there I arrived early and picked out four people waiting in line to buy tickets and signed them into the park for free.
    Thats just about the coolest thing I've ever heard.
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Actually.....is giving away a fast pass really paying it forward?

You're giving away something you never really owned.....other peoples time.

Instead, why not just toss the fast pass..... By throwing unused fp's away you are speeding up the line for everyone in the standby line. They won't know you helped them and you definitely won't get any thankyou's and sweet smiles of gratitude.....but isn't true charity about not being recognized?
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    but isn't true charity about not being recognized?
    No. What gave you that idea? *chuckle*
    True charity is about tax write-offs and photo ops and press conferences!

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    No. What gave you that idea? *chuckle*
    True charity is about tax write-offs and photo ops and press conferences!
    I stand corrected
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• -

I plan on holding the gate open for the person behind me the next time I leave a ride instead of letting it slam shut on them.
    Last edited by calsig31; 03-21-2014 at 02:44 PM.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

When I'm solo or the odd man out in a group and end up with an empty seat next to me on a ride without single rider, I pull down the lap bar in the seat next to me. Pretty much every cast member reacts with a pleasantly surprised thank you.

Also, if you really want to be helpful, don't bring random strangers with you when you somehow get to go ahead of others in line. One thing that annoyed me was when people would have a GAC before they changed the system and they'd ask random people in the standby line to join their group. They were probably just trying to be nice, but it's just adding to the wait for everyone else.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast