Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• What imagination needs...

The Main Street Electrical Parade in Disneyland, after 20 Years (2016)!

What if Disney brought back the Main Street Electrical Parade to Disneyland after being gone for 20 years (in 2016)? I think it would be a cool idea! To keep it fresh, I think they should build additional floats representing the new Disney properties that have come along in the 44 years that will have passed since the original floats were created. Also, excluding the finale and the introduction, I'd instill a revolving door policy for the floats. Keep the original floats, build out the new ones, and switch which ones parade every night, or week, whichever is feasible. Thoughts?

• Minion

Re: The Main Street Electrical Parade in Disneyland, after 20 Years (2016)!

Quote Originally Posted by Design View Post
    What if Disney brought back the Main Street Electrical Parade to Disneyland after being gone for 20 years (in 2016)? I think it would be a cool idea! To keep it fresh, I think they should build additional floats representing the new Disney properties that have come along in the 44 years that will have passed since the original floats were created. Also, excluding the finale and the introduction, I'd instill a revolving door policy for the floats. Keep the original floats, build out the new ones, and switch which ones parade every night, or week, whichever is feasible. Thoughts?
    I love your idea of bringing it back, I've always been a big fan of the parade, but I have a feeling that WDW isn't willing to give MSEP back to Disneyland, especially since they literally "threw away" SpectroMagic. If a "miracle" somehow happens and it ends up back at Disneyland, I'd be really happy.
    "Hello folks, welcome aboard the Disneyland Railroad..."
    "The Gods have been angered by all the celebratin'..."

• Down Pluto!

How about 2015 in time for the 60th?

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

• Hooterville, USA

Quote Originally Posted by Sambo View Post
    How about 2015 in time for the 60th?
    How about this year?

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Greetings, Program!

How about a nice Hawaiian Punch?
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

• Still lost in Neverland

How about Bob Iger who is supposedly the top dog of the company puts is foot down and tells Florida to get off their ***** and stop interfering with Disneyland, the ORIGINAL PARK that without it they would not exist. They continually try to make Disneyland do what they want which is so wrong on so many levels it is no longer funny in any way shape or form. Each Park has it's own identity and should be run only by the local people who run the Park, which in Anaheim is the people that know what our demographic is dealing with food, shows, parades and attractions. They are two totally different Parks with totally different needs in all those areas. Florida has proved over and over they can't even run their own Parks correctly. Disneyland was under the exclusive control of Burbank once upon a time then Florida just seemed to take over operations and food services and other things and things have been going downhill ever since. I used to miss being at Disneyland if I missed going every week, then every month and now I could care less if I go or not. My AP expires this month and I am not renewing it when it expires. And it's not just the high prices for everything it is just not the same happy place that I used to love. Now it's just another money grubbing corporation that no longer cares about the Guest, only their money, and that is Florida all over.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Down Pluto!

More truth from Bruce!

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

• DisneyBounder

Quote Originally Posted by Design View Post
    I've always liked the idea of the Electrical Parade coming back to DL. However, I've also liked the idea of DL getting a completely new and original night time (electrical) parade. Something that is exclusive to DL and updated with the latest technology. There are rumors that the new "Paint the Night" parade from Hong Kong will be at DL for the 60th anniversary next year. We will see if this is true or not...

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by lost boy View Post
    how about bob iger who is supposedly the top dog of the company puts is foot down and tells florida to get off their ***** and stop interfering with disneyland, the original park that without it they would not exist. They continually try to make disneyland do what they want which is so wrong on so many levels it is no longer funny in any way shape or form. Each park has it's own identity and should be run only by the local people who run the park, which in anaheim is the people that know what our demographic is dealing with food, shows, parades and attractions. They are two totally different parks with totally different needs in all those areas. Florida has proved over and over they can't even run their own parks correctly. Disneyland was under the exclusive control of burbank once upon a time then florida just seemed to take over operations and food services and other things and things have been going downhill ever since. I used to miss being at disneyland if i missed going every week, then every month and now i could care less if i go or not. My ap expires this month and i am not renewing it when it expires. And it's not just the high prices for everything it is just not the same happy place that i used to love. Now it's just another money grubbing corporation that no longer cares about the guest, only their money, and that is florida all over.
    yes!!! :d
    "Hello folks, welcome aboard the Disneyland Railroad..."
    "The Gods have been angered by all the celebratin'..."

I know there has been talk of actually bringing this parade back for the 60th year festivities (as well as bringing the new Shanghai parade to Anaheim). The problem with your idea is that it doesn't include the realistic monetary feasibilities of extra floats. I don't imagine that WDI would have that kind of budget for a parade. I am betting we will end up with the new Shanghai parade which seems to have elements of TMSEP but new floats and other new technologies.

• Hooterville, USA

If they could secure money for the 50th, having enough to reuse the MSEP would be easy.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Former Churro Jockey

If they bring it back, I'd love it if it were new and improved. I'd love to have them use fiber optics instead of light bulbs, and (I know this will probably upset some people) CHANGE THE SONG!!! I had to listen to the song twice a night ever night for three months straight during the farewell season and I just can't take it anymore.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    If they bring it back, I'd love it if it were new and improved. I'd love to have them use fiber optics instead of light bulbs, and (I know this will probably upset some people) CHANGE THE SONG!!! I had to listen to the song twice a night ever night for three months straight during the farewell season and I just can't take it anymore.

MSEP would not be MSEP without the Baroque Hoedown. If they changed the music and switched to fiber optics then they might as well call the parade something else.

• Former Churro Jockey

Quote Originally Posted by Diznygrl View Post
    MSEP would not be MSEP without the Baroque Hoedown. If they changed the music and switched to fiber optics then they might as well call the parade something else.
    MSEP w/bling?
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    NEVERRRRRRR!!!!! That song is part of the awesomeness!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast