fourth of july - disneyland or ca?

Hi! We have to be at a wedding in vegas on the 7th so are planning a pit stop to Disney first. We will arrive on the evening of the 3rd and have only the fourth and fifth to see Disneyland and California adventure. We were there in 2011 for my sons first trip when he was 3.5. Just wondering if there is a particular park we should visit on a particular day? I know it will be miserably crowded but we are going to take our chances anyways. I know we do want to see the cars land since it opened after our last trip and we will definitely be there for rope drop as we are staying at the best western park place inn right across the street. Does anyone have any suggestions to which park to visit on the fourth and which on the fifth? thanks!

• Banned User

Re: fourth of july - disneyland or ca?

Not sure what "chances" you think you're taking. You are practically guaranteed a close-the-gates weekend.
    But, since you insist, 4th DCA, 5th DL. but you knew this already.
    And the 5th is a Saturday.
    The beach is a great alternative, especially if it's hot.

Oh, and you didn't ask, but if this is one of those LV strip weddings in Vegas, then no, you don't "have" to be there. I've been at a few of these, and each marriage has since ended. It's a small sample, but still, I'm not taking a 300-mile trip for that ever again. (And I have used it as an excuse just to go to Vegas!)

wow, didn't ask for a rude response. I "have" to be there as my step sister is getting married at the golden nugget and no thanks to the beach, I live in Hawaii.

• Down Pluto!

Either park on a holiday is bad news.

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

• Under that tree again!

I can echo what sediment said. Disneyland is a huge draw on the 4th because it has fireworks so better to go to DCA, and get a FP for reserved viewing of World of Color on the 4th.

The good news is Disneyland has special fireworks the whole week so I would guess you will catch a special show on the 5th anyway.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Hey, it will be horribly crowded, but it doesn't mean you can't have a fabulous time. I would hit CA on the 4th and then DL on the 5th. The other choice would be to get park hoppers which would give you the freedom to react to the crowds and move around a bit (like hit Disneyland early in the mornings and then CA in the afternoons when DL gets super crowded).

Radiator Springs Racers is awesome, even better at night. I would recommend just getting a fast pass for it.

Either way, have a fantastic time.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by mlggator View Post
    The other choice would be to get park hoppers which would give you the freedom to react to the crowds and move around a bit (like hit Disneyland early in the mornings and then CA in the afternoons when DL gets super crowded).
    That would be extremely risky. As it's a major holiday and a three day weekend, capacity may be reached.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.