View Poll Results: Do you like/dislike and/or use fastpasses?

Voters
97. You may not vote on this poll
  • I like and use the system.

68 70.10%
  • I don't like fastpasses but I use them.

15 15.46%
  • I don't like fastpasses and I don't use them.

5 5.15%
  • I don't use fastpasses but I don't dislike them.

2 2.06%
  • I don't care/other.

7 7.22%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: What is your opinion on fastpasses?

I think FastPass is fine and I've never had a problem with them even when standing in a Stand By line for a FP attraction (which I've done from time to time). The only problem that I COULD have is if Disney decides to bring FastPass+ to Anaheim and then places it on attractions that really don't need it like Mansion (normal version) or Small World which would make lines even longer and slower than they already are.
    "Hello folks, welcome aboard the Disneyland Railroad..."
    "The Gods have been angered by all the celebratin'..."

Quote Originally Posted by AhpalovestheDuck View Post
    The Fast Pass allows you to "hold a place in line" while you enjoy the detail built into the Park. The "advertising" on Main Street, Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln, explore the Fire Station, slow down and walk through Frontier Land, or wait in line for an hour and a half for Space Mountain. Hmmm, no decision here!
    That's interesting, guess it just depends on the person. I felt that I took more time and really explored more when fast passes didn't exist. There is something about having the return times that makes me just rush around the park and try to squeeze in a ride while im waiting for my "appointment" instead of taking my time and going with the flow. Everything seems much more planned, because it is. I will say though that when I got my AP this year I use the system wiser and just use it on a couple rides and don't mind taking my time and only going on 9-10 attractions total. That way the day still feels natural to me and not like I'm on some kind of work schedule or just crossing bullet items off a list.

• Not the Hawkguy

Quote Originally Posted by micromind View Post
    Research should not be needed in order to enjoy an amusement park. Management should arrange it so that every guest has equal opportunity, not just those 'in the know'.
    Disney prints information on how Fastpass works on park maps, have large signs indirectly advertising Fastpass at all Fastpass rides (via the signs that display return times), and have CMs willing to explain the system to anyone who asks.

The Fastpass system isn't hidden by any stretch of the imagination, and even if you don't do any previous research on a system that's been around for 13+ years, there's enough signage around the Resort that every guest has an equal opportunity to use the system.

•   
    • Minion

I love the system. Before FP the stand by lines were longer and you couldn't enjoy everything. Now if you plan you can knock out a bunch of attractions and even take time to leave the park and rest. Before FP i had to choose what to go on what to miss now I don't have to miss anything.

As far as needing to know how to use FP. Tell me any experience in life where research on the subject doesn't make the experience better?

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I'm not really fond of fastpass. I have used it over the years, but I won't go out of my way to plan my day totally around grabbing fastpasses. There is more to do at Disneyland than just ride the rides. Usually, when I really want to ride something, I'll try to do that in the earlier part of my day. I live in Chicago, so most of my trips are for at least a length of 5 days. I wish I could buy a 7 day parkhopper. I like my ride riding intermingled with other experiences. Parades, and characters, and dining, and shows, and picture taking.
    My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

• Resident Adventurer

What in the world is a Fastpass+??? Can someone explain that to me and how it works?

I remember going to DLR prior to the Fastpass system being installed; it wasn't as fun because most of my precious time in the park was spent standing in line, bored as can be. If people don't know how to use a Fastpass system, don't google/ask CMs about how it works, and don't try to take advantage of it then they have no right to complain about it and the "unfairness" of it. I love Fastpasses.

Quote Originally Posted by hollyray View Post
    I've seen many on here that think they should go. So, what do you think and why?

I think that without them, the standby lines would be so much longer. My parents went to the DLR all the time before they had us kids and also before the fastpass system existed. They said that lines were actually a lot longer without the system.
    The lines maybe shorter with the fastpasses but they don't move as fast given the being at the same point as they would without the fastpass. Remember that with the fastpass the line gets held up periodically and a bunch of fastpassers get to jump in front.

I remember prefastpass days and they were better overall... fastpass has some problems such as their being sticklers for the time now. Out last trip we had to rush from one side of the park to the other simply because you don't have any control over what times you are going to get on a fastpass... then add the fact that you can't always predict how fast a line will move prior to a fast pass and it can become a bit of a mess.

If they want to use a fastpass like system I personally would prefer they either use the system Six Flags uses where you go at the start of the day to a place where you sign up for every ride during the day so you have a schedule for everything upfront that you plan, or something like Universal where you just pay an extra fee and get a front of the line pass to use as you please. Either one of those systems would cost more but be well worth it compared to the fastpass.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyChick View Post
    What in the world is a Fastpass+??? Can someone explain that to me and how it works?

I remember going to DLR prior to the Fastpass system being installed; it wasn't as fun because most of my precious time in the park was spent standing in line, bored as can be. If people don't know how to use a Fastpass system, don't google/ask CMs about how it works, and don't try to take advantage of it then they have no right to complain about it and the "unfairness" of it. I love Fastpasses.
    FastPass + is the system currently being used at Walt Disney World where guests have "MagicBands" and they are allowed to "book" Fastpass times in advance prior to their trip to the resort. Once there, they can modify or add FastPass through a mobile app which replaces the standard FastPass ticket. The Fastpasses are also limited to 3 attractions for one park only per day.

• MaliBOOMer

Quote Originally Posted by biggsworth View Post
    As far as needing to know how to use FP. Tell me any experience in life where research on the subject doesn't make the experience better?
    Well when If I research a movie before seeing it I often come across information I wish I hadn't.
    Favorite Ride: Indiana Jones Adventure

Sign the Petition: https://www.change.org/petitions/goo...-original-form

• Resident Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by TFN5459 View Post
    FastPass + is the system currently being used at Walt Disney World where guests have "MagicBands" and they are allowed to "book" Fastpass times in advance prior to their trip to the resort. Once there, they can modify or add FastPass through a mobile app which replaces the standard FastPass ticket. The Fastpasses are also limited to 3 attractions for one park only per day.
    That sounds... excessive? I guess? Or really complicated.
    I can't really complain about only 3 attractions per park, per day, because I don't really use the Fastpass system anyways. I really only take Fastpasses for ToT, RSR, Indy, and Space Mountain. I wonder how that rule will affect the crowds and lines at the parks once it becomes a fully implemented system.

*✲゚*。✧*✲゚*。✧*✲゚*。✧ Time until next Disney trip: *✲゚*。✧*✲゚*。✧*✲゚*。✧
    ???

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
    Well when If I research a movie before seeing it I often come across information I wish I hadn't.

But you probably did some research to figure out what the movie was about so you could figure out if it would interest you.

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
    Warning: What's below is TMI and slightly to defend research.

Clever attempt Quentin, but I rarely read whole reviews of movies before I see them to avoid spoilers.
    I do "research" the Metacritic score, top ten lists, and check out awards as I try to see the most highly acclaimed movies each year. I add a few points for comedies and action movies that critics (often hypersensitive to formulas they've endured thousands of times) are less likely to enjoy.

My method of researching movies before and after I see them has helped make film going one of my greatest pleasures in life and helped me get into and earn good grades at USC's film school.

Researching attractions at DCA when it opened convinced me to avoid Superstar Limo, which I believe helped me to avoid some of the hatred that others developed for this park in its early years.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyChick View Post
    That sounds... excessive? I guess? Or really complicated.
    I can't really complain about only 3 attractions per park, per day, because I don't really use the Fastpass system anyways. I really only take Fastpasses for ToT, RSR, Indy, and Space Mountain. I wonder how that rule will affect the crowds and lines at the parks once it becomes a fully implemented system.
    I'm not exactly sure how it works but I believe that you can only draw Fastpasses for one park a day (Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, EPCOT, or Hollywood Studios in the case of WDW) and that you're limited to only 1 E Ticket. I'm not sure exactly how it works but that's what I heard from rumors in the initial stages of testing.

• Fowler'sINN

Fast Pass is amazing. It allows you to plan your day and of course it helps cut done wait times on E ticket attractions. If people that visit the park and can't figure out how to use the FP system that is on them, it is very self explanatory and tell you everything you need to know on the ticket and if you just ask one cast member when you arrive you should know what to do.

• Selfie Expert

Personal opinion (as this has been argued back and forth so many times, already)

I disliked FP when the time were not enforced. I very much like FP now that they are enforced.

I, personally, do not have any sort of "plan" when using them. I grab one if the line is too long, and come back during my time. No research needed, and they save me plenty of time on my trip.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast