View Poll Results: Do you like/dislike and/or use fastpasses?

Voters
97. You may not vote on this poll
  • I like and use the system.

    68 70.10%
  • I don't like fastpasses but I use them.

    15 15.46%
  • I don't like fastpasses and I don't use them.

    5 5.15%
  • I don't use fastpasses but I don't dislike them.

    2 2.06%
  • I don't care/other.

    7 7.22%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 73
  1. #31

    • Resident Adventurer
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    108

    Re: What is your opinion on fastpasses?

    Quote Originally Posted by TFN5459 View Post
    I'm not exactly sure how it works but I believe that you can only draw Fastpasses for one park a day (Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, EPCOT, or Hollywood Studios in the case of WDW) and that you're limited to only 1 E Ticket. I'm not sure exactly how it works but that's what I heard from rumors in the initial stages of testing.
    Eeesh. When did they start doing this whole thing? I don't remember seeing or hearing anything about it the last time I was down at WDW (about mid-December).

    *✲゚*。✧*✲゚*。✧*✲゚*。✧ Time until next Disney trip: *✲゚*。✧*✲゚*。✧*✲゚*。✧
    ???

  2. #32

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    959

    Re: What is your opinion on fastpasses?

    Quote Originally Posted by IndyChick View Post
    Eeesh. When did they start doing this whole thing? I don't remember seeing or hearing anything about it the last time I was down at WDW (about mid-December).
    They started testing about a year ago but finally fully rolled it out after last Christmas so you might have missed the trial period that they had before. It was also about the same time that rumors came out that Disneyland would eventually get the same system but so far nothing has showed up here (and I hope it stays that way) other than strictly enforcing FastPass return times.
    "Hello folks, welcome aboard the Disneyland Railroad..."
    "The Gods have been angered by all the celebratin'..."

  3. #33

    • Seasick
    • Online

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Posts
    3,191

    Re: What is your opinion on fastpasses?

    Overall it's a good system that allows everyone to be able to do at least a few major attractions with a minimal wait.

    I don't get the notion that it's unfair to people "not in the know". It's not a complicated system and the information is everywhere. The only thing a casual visitor might not be aware of is things like certain ones being separate from the rest and the fact that return times didn't used to be enforced.

    I would like to see it go away from certain attractions, such as Indy. The queue is built to keep people inside and out of the sun, fastpass moves the stand-by line outside.

    I also would like to see it on a few Fantasyland attractions (and I know the area isn't really built for it), because it's unfair that fastpass seems to cater to the demographic that goes on the more thrilling attractions, and the little ones don't benefit from it.

  4. #34

    • Avid MC reader since 2005
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    548

    Re: What is your opinion on fastpasses?

    Quote Originally Posted by TTFN92 View Post
    Well, I remember times before FP, I'm not going on other people's experience, and we waited so much longer than we do now. You had no choice but to wait in the hour + line for all of the big rides. My memories of going to Disneyland were of waiting in really long lines. I remember waiting close to an hour for Pirates.
    This is our experience as well. I remember those lines pre-FP and no one in their right mind should want to return to that.

  5. #35

    •   
    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,905

    Re: What is your opinion on fastpasses?

    Quote Originally Posted by micromind View Post
    I have a bit of a different take on FPs......

    DL has had a long history of elitism; it has always catered to certain select groups at the expense of others. Club 33, APs, the list goes on and on.

    FPs tend to magnify this issue; as has been noted above, if you're familiar with the system you can use it to your advantage. Trouble is, one persons advantage usually comes at the expense of another; in this case it's the full-price ticket holder who may not visit often enough to understand the system. And thus feels cheated by the people who get ahead by using FPs.
    I don't know. The very first time I visited Disneyland when they had Fastpass - as a day ticket holder - I figured it out in about a half hour. Before noon I was using the system happily.

    There are lots of things that make someone's visit better - something as simple as knowing the best time of year, the best day of the week or the best time of day to visit DLR can make or break one's trip. Knowing about Fastpass is no different than knowing about single rider, rider switch, GAC/DAS, renting a wheelchair or stroller, etc. If you're doing a trip, you do a little research and find out what is available to you.

    And it's not a secret, a la Club 33 - the information is on Disney's website, in the park guides, on every Disney fan website there is, in guidebooks about Southern CA and Disneyland, etc. You don't need to do hours of research to find out about it.

  6. #36

    •   
    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,905

    Re: What is your opinion on fastpasses?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tinkbelle View Post
    This is our experience as well. I remember those lines pre-FP and no one in their right mind should want to return to that.
    This. My experience pre-Fastpass is more WDW than DLR, but I remember both - and they were miserable. Absolutely miserable. Hours and hours waiting in the hot sun...and since park attendance has increased since then, it would only be worse now.
    Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

  7. #37

    •   
    • Circle of Ancients
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    15,118

    Re: What is your opinion on fastpasses?

    Quick....what's your favorite non-fastpass attraction?

    Got it? Ok.....next time you're in line for it ask yourself this; how many people in front of me are also virtually in line somewhere else?

    Fast Pass does not create more ride capacity therefore the wait you avoid for a fast pass attraction is made up somewhere else; either by you, or someone who doesn't use fast pass.....and often times by people who are not even riding any fast pass attractions at all.

    It's a sham and any gain you see overall must be paid for by someone else.
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

  8. #38

    •   
    • Chicago Gal
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    54,992
    Blog Entries
    120

    Re: What is your opinion on fastpasses?

    It really is a shame that people have to "Work At" having a good time at a themepark. Gone are the days when you could just go, and be guaranteed a good time, without planning too much ahead of time. Sure, the anticipation of the visit probably caused you to do a bit of strategizing. However, no where near the way people plan today.

    I am planning a return trip to Disney World, and they have that new Fastpass Plus. I am not near enough to my trip dates that I get to make my choices yet. I am sure that I will check it out, to see exactly how it all works. In the past, I never used fastpass much. I arrive early, ride rides early, and the remainder of the day is usually spent enjoying the parks, in a more spontaneous mood.

    The day that it becomes more aggravation than it is worth, is the day that I won't return. I guess some people are already at that point. So far not me.

  9. #39

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    388

    Re: What is your opinion on fastpasses?

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    It really is a shame that people have to "Work At" having a good time at a themepark. Gone are the days when you could just go, and be guaranteed a good time, without planning too much ahead of time. Sure, the anticipation of the visit probably caused you to do a bit of strategizing. However, no where near the way people plan today.

    I am planning a return trip to Disney World, and they have that new Fastpass Plus. I am not near enough to my trip dates that I get to make my choices yet. I am sure that I will check it out, to see exactly how it all works. In the past, I never used fastpass much. I arrive early, ride rides early, and the remainder of the day is usually spent enjoying the parks, in a more spontaneous mood.

    The day that it becomes more aggravation than it is worth, is the day that I won't return. I guess some people are already at that point. So far not me.
    You are still able to do all of these things at WDW. If you go early (Same as DL,) you can go on a great majority of attractions before it gets too crowded. You still have the ability to wait in line later in the day for anything you want. FP+ limits the total amount of FPs people can get in one day, for better or worse... but you do not have to use the system. By no means am I a fan of FP+, but one of the benefits is that you are not running across the park to get a FP and then running across the park again later to ride the attraction you pulled the FP for.

    Back on the original topic, I personally love the current legacy FP system. I remember before the system came out, etickets had horrendous waits and you could only go on a few things in a day, with all of your time being spent in line. I'd rather be in a virtual queue any day, freeing me to wait in a shorter line for something else, grab a snack, shop, or people watch.

  10. #40

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    1,562 Miles East of DisneyLand
    Posts
    764

    Re: What is your opinion on fastpasses?

    Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Quick....what's your favorite non-fastpass attraction?

    Got it? Ok.....next time you're in line for it ask yourself this; how many people in front of me are also virtually in line somewhere else?

    Fast Pass does not create more ride capacity therefore the wait you avoid for a fast pass attraction is made up somewhere else; either by you, or someone who doesn't use fast pass.....and often times by people who are not even riding any fast pass attractions at all.

    It's a sham and any gain you see overall must be paid for by someone else.
    So, Peter Pan has a 45 minute wait because all those folks are standing in line while their FP time arrives? I'm sorry, but some rides have historically always been busy regardless of FP. Peter Pan and Dumbo come to mind.

    I can only think of one answer to this question... you are waiting in two lines at the same time. In effect, you are getting to do twice as many things while only waiting once. The only real consequence of FP that I can honestly see is more crowding in walkways.

    I don't know about you, but I would much rather "fight the masses" in crowded walkways than to spend an hour in line. Very small trade off for me.





    "I do not like to repeat successes. I like to go on to other things." - Walt Disney


  11. #41

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    186

    Re: What is your opinion on fastpasses?

    Can anyone tell me Which attractions (in both parks )are not on network?

  12. #42

    •   
    • Circle of Ancients
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    15,118

    Re: What is your opinion on fastpasses?

    Quote Originally Posted by 4th Gen Disney Fan View Post
    So, Peter Pan has a 45 minute wait because all those folks are standing in line while their FP time arrives? I'm sorry, but some rides have historically always been busy regardless of FP. Peter Pan and Dumbo come to mind.
    Never said "all". But even if it's only 20%, that's 9 -extra- minutes you're waiting because of fast pass.......for just that one ride. Add another 9 more each for Dumbo, Nemo, Small World, the Jungle Cruise and Mansion and you're waiting almost an extra hour due to the so called "fast" pass system.

    I can only think of one answer to this question... you are waiting in two lines at the same time. In effect, you are getting to do twice as many things while only waiting once.
    Research Antoine Lavoisier.
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

  13. #43

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    1,562 Miles East of DisneyLand
    Posts
    764

    Re: What is your opinion on fastpasses?

    Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Never said "all". But even if it's only 20%, that's 9 -extra- minutes you're waiting because of fast pass.......for just that one ride. Add another 9 more each for Dumbo, Nemo, Small World, the Jungle Cruise and Mansion and you're waiting almost an extra hour due to the so called "fast" pass system.

    Nope, never said "all". You said to pick your favorite non-FP attraction. I did. It's Peter Pan. Because of this, your logic fails.
    Research Antoine Lavoisier.
    Nope, never said "all". You said to pick your favorite non-FP attraction. I did. It's Peter Pan. Because of this, your logic fails.

    I know who Lavoisier was. His theory of mass doesn't quite fit this discussion. A FP is not a physical thing. It's virtual. I don't have a doppelganger standing in line for me while I ride other things. I'm not physically in two places at once.
    Last edited by 4th Gen Disney Fan; 03-24-2014 at 03:33 PM.





    "I do not like to repeat successes. I like to go on to other things." - Walt Disney


  14. #44

    •   
    • Circle of Ancients
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    15,118

    Re: What is your opinion on fastpasses?

    Quote Originally Posted by 4th Gen Disney Fan View Post
    Nope, never said "all". You said to pick your favorite non-FP attraction. I did. It's Peter Pan. Because of this, your logic fails.
    I don't follow. What was my "logic" and how does it "fail".

    I know who Lavoisier was. His theory of mass doesn't quite fit this discussion. A FP is not a physical thing. It's virtual. I don't have a doppelganger standing in line for me while I ride other things. I'm not in two places at once.
    Nope, ride capacity is an actual, physical thing.....and you can't tweak something physical like how many people can possibly ride an attraction per day with virtual lines. You can only fool people into thinking they are waiting less by spreading out their pain....trading a bullet for a thousand paper cuts so to speak.
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

  15. #45

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    1,562 Miles East of DisneyLand
    Posts
    764

    Re: What is your opinion on fastpasses?

    Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    I don't follow. What was my "logic" and how does it "fail".
    Alright, let's break it down:

    Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Quick....what's your favorite non-fastpass attraction?
    Peter Pan's Flight

    Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Got it? Ok.....next time you're in line for it ask yourself this; how many people in front of me are also virtually in line somewhere else?
    I don't know... anywhere from zero to all....? That's hard to gauge since this ride has ALWAYS had excessive wait times.

    Your logic fails when you basically come back with: "Oh, you picked the wrong ride. Now you need to pick a sample of rides." You can't change the questions because you don't like the answers. Your argument was lost on me after that point.

    I honestly feel that the overall wait times for all the rides is pretty much the same as a typical Summer day before FP. Only every day is this way instead of seasonally like the past. But I also genuinely feel that I now get to go on more rides than I ever could as a kid. I could only dream of going on Star Tours 4 times in a day before FP. Unless that was all I did. Forget any other rides, let alone eating something. I would have spent all day in line. I know this isn't a false impression. The consensus is that FP works as designed. You get to go on more attractions and wait less in line. I know that it works for my family and I very well.





    "I do not like to repeat successes. I like to go on to other things." - Walt Disney


Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Chat] So what's your opinion of CMs with sunglasses?
    By RatherBeAtDLand in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 133
    Last Post: 09-27-2012, 09:36 PM
  2. [Question] What is your opinion of Michael Eisner and his legacy for WDW?
    By DragoHarley in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 04-18-2012, 07:35 PM
  3. What's your opinion.....???
    By wolfy in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 12-09-2006, 06:53 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •