View Poll Results: Do you like/dislike and/or use fastpasses?

Voters
97. You may not vote on this poll
  • I like and use the system.

    68 70.10%
  • I don't like fastpasses but I use them.

    15 15.46%
  • I don't like fastpasses and I don't use them.

    5 5.15%
  • I don't use fastpasses but I don't dislike them.

    2 2.06%
  • I don't care/other.

    7 7.22%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
Results 61 to 73 of 73
  1. #61

    • Selfie Expert
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Gilbert, AZ
    Posts
    6,196

    Re: What is your opinion on fastpasses?

    Quote Originally Posted by MrLiver View Post
    So if I save an hour getting a fastpass for Indy, but end up waiting longer for other rides, don't I just end up waiting the same amount of time as I would have prior to Fastpass?
    Right, except for that same amount of time you rode two rides.

    I disagree that you end up making your wait up elsewhere due to the fact that not every person holding a FP will go ride another ride. Some leave the park, some eat, some shop, etc. There's also the fact that if there weren't FP, many people would choose NOT to wait in a long line at all that would have if FP were available, and those people would choose an attraction with a shorter line... meaning that by not having FP it made the lines longer for other attractions.

    Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

  2. #62

    • ...and the Flowers Croon
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Sacramento
    Posts
    138

    Re: What is your opinion on fastpasses?

    Quote Originally Posted by 4th Gen Disney Fan View Post
    Would YOU wait 105 minutes for Rocket Rods? We didn't have a choice!


    Attachment 35261
    Rocket Rods was the first time I can recall single rider being offered as an option. We used it and thought it was an awesome option, and were able to ride RR twice ... the one and only time it was running when we went.

    You're right, though. Pre-FP, you either sucked it up and waited standby, or missed out.

  3. #63

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    360

    Re: What is your opinion on fastpasses?

    Quote Originally Posted by 4th Gen Disney Fan View Post
    I think you have your physical and virtual mixed up here. Secondly, I am not physically in two different places at the same time. I'm not in both ride vehicles at the same time. The people that are waiting in Standby on Splash aren't being held back until I get in line before them. FP return times are generally well outside the expected Standby wait time when the FP is issued. You are holding a FUTURE place in time. A time that NOBODY that is currently in Standby can expect to reach before theyvride. They will all have already rode and moved on before you come back.
    I think the point he is making is that a line from a point on any ride with a fastpass system that is currently 45 minute wait would have been a 30 minute wait at the same point if fastpass didn't exist. Because the fastpass users are in essence a massive controlled line jumping group that slows down the normal line as it would move without fastpass.

    I think a good example is the Haunted Mansion... When they do the overlay they bring out the fastpass for it. Otherwise it has no fastpass... and when they have the fastpass going the line will often reach well beyond the normal queue area. The ride can only move so many people per hour and that isn't going to change, but putting in a fastpass line instantly slows down the number of people that will be moved from the standard line per hour thus resulting in longer lines and more crowding outside the normal queue area.
    Last edited by Mackster; 03-25-2014 at 07:51 AM.

  4. #64

    • i believe in faeries.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Calgary, AB, Canada
    Posts
    400

    Re: What is your opinion on fastpasses?

    i love fastpass. i love that i have a ride 'waiting' for me while i stroll, eat, shop, and just enjoy the parks.

  5. #65

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    229

    Re: What is your opinion on fastpasses?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mackster View Post
    The ride can only move so many people per hour and that isn't going to change, but putting in a fastpass line instantly slows down the number of people that will be moved from the standard line per hour thus resulting in longer lines and more crowding outside the normal queue area.
    It results in longer lines in terms of wait time but shorter in terms of people. The Haunted Mansion NBC overlay is a bad example since it's way more popular than the normal Haunted Mansion. One problem with the Haunted Mansion Fastpass situation is the CMs and Leads over there don't normally deal with Fastpass so they're relatively inexperienced in pulsing stand-by and posting accurate stand-by waits. For non-Fastpass attractions they can simply look at a map of the queue with different colors corresponding to different stand-by waits.

    For Fastpass attractions we're pretty much relying on Flik card data and the judgment of the Leads for posting an accurate stand-by wait.(The Haunted Mansion NBC has about 1/3 the Flik card historical data that other Fastpass attractions have so I can't really fault them for posting less accurate stand-by waits.)

  6. #66

    • Rock Star Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    13,284

    Re: What is your opinion on fastpasses?

    I believe this is the 20th Semi-Annual FastPass Debate.

    Comparing present to past is not apples to apples. More like fresh apples to rotted apples.
    In the past, people waited long times to experience attractions. OR, they didn't wait and didn't experience it. (I know I didn't wait for Indy the first few times I went to DL after it opened.) The fact that some people were willing to wait two hours for Space Mountain back then doesn't mean everyone was willing to wait that long (some guests showed up early!). But there were enough that a two-hour line could form.
    Question for everyone: would you wait 2 hours now for Space Mountain? I'm guessing most posters wouldn't, and there are a number of reasons (numbered here):
    1. "I've ridden it many times before," because it has been around for a long time. Contrast that to when it first opened. Or when ANY attraction first opened.
    2. "I can come back next week." Contrast that to when Space Mountain first opened.
    3. "I can get a FastPass, jump on a few other rides, then get on Space Mountain." Again, when this was not an option, you waited or you didn't ride.

    So, lots of things have changed since the past.

    If FastPass for an attraction creates gaps in its queue, then that means guests who would otherwise be filling the queue are somewhere else in the park. It affects the maximum capacity and contributes to crowding in the rest of the park.
    Last edited by sediment; 03-25-2014 at 02:26 PM.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

  7. #67

    • -
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Uijeongbu
    Posts
    6,542

    Re: What is your opinion on fastpasses?

    Quote Originally Posted by hollyray View Post
    If Fastpasses, were eliminated, everyone would be forced to go in the standby line. There would be a longer line.
    Actually, the lines would be the same length, but people would only be able to stand in one line at a time, unlike with fastpass where they can potentially be standing in two at the same time. The difference is that the standby lines would move more quickly because it would not have to be stopped to allow for fastpass users to cut in.

    A perfect example of the latter would be the Halloween parties. I go to two of them every year and from my perspective, the lines move much more quickly for the e-tickets. Of course there is the small overlap period where the park is populated by both regular day guests and party goers, but as soon as the regula day guests are cleared out and the party is in full swing, there is a tremendous drop in the wait time for rides. Part of this is the the fact that there is a smaller number of people in the park, but it is also due to the fact that the lines are not being stopped to allow for fastpass users to cut in to the standby line.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

  8. #68

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    777

    Re: What is your opinion on fastpasses?

    Quote Originally Posted by jcruise86 View Post
    I assume most guests research the admission cost and Google the best attractions. And it's worthwhile to Google the best restaurants and good spots for watching the fireworks.

    Research rules! I'd rather reward research than just $$$$. Money can be inherited, married, and won in lotteries. Research has cured diseases, flown us to the moon, and, hopefully will get rid of that nasty new green apple Skittle flavor.
    I don't eat the green apple either.

  9. #69

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    355

    Re: What is your opinion on fastpasses?

    Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Actually, the lines would be the same length, but people would only be able to stand in one line at a time, unlike with fastpass where they can potentially be standing in two at the same time. The difference is that the standby lines would move more quickly because it would not have to be stopped to allow for fastpass users to cut in.

    A perfect example of the latter would be the Halloween parties. I go to two of them every year and from my perspective, the lines move much more quickly for the e-tickets. Of course there is the small overlap period where the park is populated by both regular day guests and party goers, but as soon as the regula day guests are cleared out and the party is in full swing, there is a tremendous drop in the wait time for rides. Part of this is the the fact that there is a smaller number of people in the park, but it is also due to the fact that the lines are not being stopped to allow for fastpass users to cut in to the standby line.
    If there were no fastpasses, the people that would be using the fastpasses would be in the standby line instead. Either way, they would be in line for the ride, holding it up. With fastpasses, they are simply choosing the faster route - and they're not cutting anyone.

  10. #70

    • Rock Star Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    13,284

    Re: What is your opinion on fastpasses?

    It is "legalized" "cutting."
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

  11. #71

    • Not the Hawkguy
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    613

    Re: What is your opinion on fastpasses?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mackster View Post
    I think a good example is the Haunted Mansion... When they do the overlay they bring out the fastpass for it. Otherwise it has no fastpass... and when they have the fastpass going the line will often reach well beyond the normal queue area. The ride can only move so many people per hour and that isn't going to change, but putting in a fastpass line instantly slows down the number of people that will be moved from the standard line per hour thus resulting in longer lines and more crowding outside the normal queue area.
    Except Haunted Mansion has the extended queue set up for the Spring Break season, and they're not offering Fastpasses right now. Dateline Disney had the pictures up showing it off.

  12. #72

    •   
    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    SF Bay Area, California, United States
    Posts
    2,571

    Re: What is your opinion on fastpasses?

    The haunted mansion is a perfect example especially during the holiday overlay. They tried it without FP a couple of years ago and the wait started being 90 mins and longer consistently. They turned FP back on it it went to 45 mins. This last weekend the HM was using the extended queue all weekend as well posting 45 mins to 60 with no overlay. These are just my observations but I remember the pre FP times really well and I love it now way better. Me personally I get to experience more and that's a good thing for me.

  13. #73

    •   
    • Circle of Ancients
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    15,056

    Re: What is your opinion on fastpasses?

    Quote Originally Posted by hollyray View Post
    If there were no fastpasses, the people that would be using the fastpasses would be in the standby line instead of clogging up some non-fastpass attractions line.
    ftfy
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Similar Threads

  1. [Chat] So what's your opinion of CMs with sunglasses?
    By RatherBeAtDLand in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 133
    Last Post: 09-27-2012, 09:36 PM
  2. [Question] What is your opinion of Michael Eisner and his legacy for WDW?
    By DragoHarley in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 04-18-2012, 07:35 PM
  3. What's your opinion.....???
    By wolfy in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 12-09-2006, 06:53 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •