View Poll Results: Do you like/dislike and/or use fastpasses?

Voters
97. You may not vote on this poll
  • I like and use the system.

68 70.10%
  • I don't like fastpasses but I use them.

15 15.46%
  • I don't like fastpasses and I don't use them.

5 5.15%
  • I don't use fastpasses but I don't dislike them.

2 2.06%
  • I don't care/other.

7 7.22%
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Question What is your opinion on fastpasses?

I've seen many on here that think they should go. So, what do you think and why?

I think that without them, the standby lines would be so much longer. My parents went to the DLR all the time before they had us kids and also before the fastpass system existed. They said that lines were actually a lot longer without the system.

• Under that tree again!

Re: What is your opinion on fastpasses?

The overall wait time would be the same. The capacity determines how many people can ride, not how they wait. So the stand by line would be longer, but move quicker.

I like FP.

An average guest rides 9 attractions in a day. I use FP for all the E tickets and spend the waits on other attractions. This lets me on nearly every ride in the park, and multiple times on my favorites. On a full day visit I can get in about 30-40 rides and watch some of the entertainment too.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• I'm not really here

swampy is right... the single line would be longer, but be the only line so it would always move.

I enjoy using FP. Coupled with getting on rides that have short waits as we pass them we can easily get on 25+ rides on even the busiest of summer days. And that's with plenty of time for meals and entertainment and even a rest here and there.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Senior Minion

I have mixed feelings about it. I think the crowding issues are increased by it because people are walking to other attractions instead of in line. But not having to wait in too many really long line is nice. I think enforcing return times was a needed step to make it more fair and lessen people's ability to take advantage of the system. But I remember being able to ride most of them rides in one day without FP too. FP just leads to more walking instead of more time in line. At the end of the day I guess I'm ok with it, but I still think it would be better without it. It has both positives and negatives, but since many guests like it and Disney likes it because some people spend their time out of lines spending money I can't imagine it going away anytime soon. Although, once the Magic Bands are introduced out here, I could imagine it being limited to three FP's a day unless you pay for more.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

The Fast Pass allows you to "hold a place in line" while you enjoy the detail built into the Park. The "advertising" on Main Street, Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln, explore the Fire Station, slow down and walk through Frontier Land, or wait in line for an hour and a half for Space Mountain. Hmmm, no decision here!

• Minion

We love it and use the system to its fullest potential. I remember the days before FP, and while it has the added effect of making the walkways more crowded, it beats standing in line.
    "I do not like to repeat successes. I like to go on to other things." - Walt Disney

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by hollyray View Post
    I've seen many on here that think they should go. So, what do you think and why?
    It's awful.

I think that without them, the standby lines would be so much longer. My parents went to the DLR all the time before they had us kids and also before the fastpass system existed. They said that lines were actually a lot longer without the system.
    Without the fastpass system in place, standby lines for FP attractions would be longer, but you would have a decreased wait time (as it would no longer be stopping to let FP users load) - standby lines for non-FP attractions would be shorter and have decreased wait times.

What your parents related to you is anecdotal and relies on hundreds of variables other than simply "FP system vs non-FP system" - these variables include: the time of year, the time of day, the day of the week, the weather, is it a holiday, is it popular travel week (for example, Easter/Spring Break), ticket prices, Disney travel offers (like hotel discounts), what attractions are not in operation, etc

• world class bilge rat

I have a bit of a different take on FPs......

DL has had a long history of elitism; it has always catered to certain select groups at the expense of others. Club 33, APs, the list goes on and on.

FPs tend to magnify this issue; as has been noted above, if you're familiar with the system you can use it to your advantage. Trouble is, one persons advantage usually comes at the expense of another; in this case it's the full-price ticket holder who may not visit often enough to understand the system. And thus feels cheated by the people who get ahead by using FPs.

Quote Originally Posted by SunsetLament View Post
    It's awful.

Without the fastpass system in place, standby lines for FP attractions would be longer, but you would have a decreased wait time (as it would no longer be stopping to let FP users load) - standby lines for non-FP attractions would be shorter and have decreased wait times.

What your parents related to you is anecdotal and relies on hundreds of variables other than simply "FP system vs non-FP system" - these variables include: the time of year, the time of day, the day of the week, the weather, is it a holiday, is it popular travel week (for example, Easter/Spring Break), ticket prices, Disney travel offers (like hotel discounts), what attractions are not in operation, etc
    Well, I remember times before FP, I'm not going on other people's experience, and we waited so much longer than we do now. You had no choice but to wait in the hour + line for all of the big rides. My memories of going to Disneyland were of waiting in really long lines. I remember waiting close to an hour for Pirates.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by micromind View Post
    FPs tend to magnify this issue; as has been noted above, if you're familiar with the system you can use it to your advantage. Trouble is, one persons advantage usually comes at the expense of another; in this case it's the full-price ticket holder who may not visit often enough to understand the system. And thus feels cheated by the people who get ahead by using FPs.
    This is an interesting point. While I grew up a local, I moved away from California before the advent of FP. Before our first trip back, I did a ton of research and that's how I learned about the FP system and how to best take advantage of it. Although we pay full price, we always have an awesome experience... in part because of FP. I can definitely see how it may come "at the expense of others", but it's up to them to do their research. As I did.
    "I do not like to repeat successes. I like to go on to other things." - Walt Disney

Tough. If someone does not want to do their research and learn how the park works then that is on them, not me.

• Tiki Dancer

Quote Originally Posted by techmaster0613 View Post
    Tough. If someone does not want to do their research and learn how the park works then that is on them, not me.
    I was just about to post the same thing. How can someone go this long without even knowing about Fast Passes and how to use them?

• former CM

I've seen many on here that think they should go. So, what do you think and why?...
    We LOVE the system as it now operates at Disneyland. I could go either way on their enforcing the end of the return hour. I feel sorry for CMs enforcing it, but it should even out the FP line crowds.

I love how FP is based on information and not $$$$. If course a 1%er could splurge on a VIP tour, but those aren't very common.

I'm impressed that Disney is testing the MyMagic+ system of just 3 tiered FPs on WDW guinea pigs before imposing it on the Disneyland Resort.

Disney's next big expenditure should be on improving Tomorrowland.

• world class bilge rat

Quote Originally Posted by techmaster0613 View Post
    Research should not be needed in order to enjoy an amusement park. Management should arrange it so that every guest has equal opportunity, not just those 'in the know'.

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by micromind View Post
    Research should not be needed in order to enjoy an amusement park. Management should arrange it so that every guest has equal opportunity, not just those 'in the know'.
    I assume most guests research the admission cost and Google the best attractions. And it's worthwhile to Google the best restaurants and good spots for watching the fireworks.

Research rules! I'd rather reward research than just $$$$. Money can be inherited, married, and won in lotteries. Research has cured diseases, flown us to the moon, and, hopefully will get rid of that nasty new green apple Skittle flavor.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast