• whatever

Does anyone happen to know what schools performed at Disneyland yesterday?

My friends and I saw a middle school concert band that was really quite good perform at the Big Thunder Ranch stage yesterday. It brought back memories from when my middle school performed in the parades and at the Carnation Plaza stage (now the Royal Theater). Anyway, I wanted to know if anyone happened to remember the name of the school that performed there early in the afternoon on the 21st. I was very convinced while watching them that I recognized the band instructor and I totally forgot the name of the school but never got a chance to talk to them.

Re: Does anyone happen to know what schools performed at Disneyland yesterday?

check with guest services. when my niece and nephew's band were there a couple of years ago, they did not know where they were going to be playing because of renovations. we were told to check guest services to verify time and location.

• whatever

Quote Originally Posted by gary94080 View Post
    check with guest services. when my niece and nephew's band were there a couple of years ago, they did not know where they were going to be playing because of renovations. we were told to check guest services to verify time and location.
    I called them on Saturday and asked if they had a schedule for their performing arts program. The guy said he wasn't sure so he put me on hold for a second and about a minute later, the person who I spoke to said they didn't keep a schedule for those performances. I was pretty bummed and the more I think about it, they really should consider having a schedule for the groups that come to perform because had I not walked to Big Thunder Ranch at the same time they were there to check out the goats, I wouldn't of even known they were there. I think it would be really cool if they treated their guest school or group performances like official events because I think lots of people would want to go see them if they knew. There was hardly anyone watching the concert band I saw on Friday and I remember there not being that many people when my school performed either. The parades are a different situation though because the marching bands that perform are in the actual parades that people are watching already anyway.

I would like to see them. We never go to BTR so I would never know about it. It was always my dream to perform at DL but it never happened. Luckily my son got to and loved the experience.

Quote Originally Posted by hauntedmotion View Post
    I called them on Saturday and asked if they had a schedule for their performing arts program. The guy said he wasn't sure so he put me on hold for a second and about a minute later, the person who I spoke to said they didn't keep a schedule for those performances. I was pretty bummed and the more I think about it, they really should consider having a schedule for the groups that come to perform because had I not walked to Big Thunder Ranch at the same time they were there to check out the goats, I wouldn't of even known they were there. I think it would be really cool if they treated their guest school or group performances like official events because I think lots of people would want to go see them if they knew. There was hardly anyone watching the concert band I saw on Friday and I remember there not being that many people when my school performed either. The parades are a different situation though because the marching bands that perform are in the actual parades that people are watching already anyway.
    When I went to see my niece and nephew's band, they played at the Hollywood stage across from Monster's Inc. Big Thunder Ranch was closed for renovation and the Carnation stage was closed for conversion. Guest services had the schedule on a clipboard at the front counter.

I do remember hearing an announcement over the background music system about the performance. there were only a dozen or so in the audience, mostly parents, friends and relatives.

it might be a longshot, but you might try the photo sites like flicker and see if anyone posted photos of the performance and tagged the photos. someone might have gotten the sign off to the side with the school name.
    Last edited by gary94080; 03-23-2014 at 11:37 AM.

We actually do have schedules of what guest groups are performing about the resort on any given day. They aren't posted for the guests, but many cast members have access to the daily schedule and can look that information up for you. I'm sorry that the CM on the phone didn't know how to find that information for you.

Here's the list of groups from Friday, March 21st that performed back in Big Thunder Ranch Jamboree:

10:45 Hughson High School Concert Band
    11:55 Windemere Ranch Middle School Symphonic Band
    13:35 Windemere Ranch Middle School Advanced Orchestra
    15:55 Corona del Sol Choirs
    17:05 Hickman Honor Choir

I hope this helps!

• Minion

I do think they should have the schedule available to guests. It would be nice for the guests, and also bring a larger audience for whatever school groups are performing. Sometimes these kids come a long way, and they put so much into their performance; they deserve to have more acknowledgement.
    A while back we happened upon a Dance School group from Australia performing at BTR. They were quite good - but as is often the case, there wasn't much of an audience, and we wouldn't have known about it if we hadn't just happened to be in the area.