Thread: LA tour

LA tour

Hi!

Me and my husband are coming to Disneyland May 2-9 and we are just wondering if anyone has taken a tour of LA from Anaheim?
    Just researching on the internet, I was about to book on Anaheim Tours, LA Tours from Anaheim, Hollywood Tours from Anaheim, Anaheim to San Diego Tours | All Anaheim Tours but not sure if anyone on here has taken one there?

Thanks so much!

• Under that tree again!

Re: LA tour

Well, not, because I've been to all of those places.

I'm not sure but that company looks a lot like the one linked below, and may actually be just a booking agent for the one below. But their price is better unless they add fees.
    Southern California Gray Line - Welcome!

You can get $10 off the grayline prices with this coupon.
    $10 Off Pacific Coast Sightseeing Tour | Anaheim/Orange County - Visitor Information

Also if you have your own transport, going at your pace may be better. It is pretty simple to catch a train and subway to Hollywood from Anaheim.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Thank you so much! I'm just looking for a company someone has actually heard of so that's great I'll look into them!
    Booking a tour through my travel agent is double what the website says so I'm a bit hesitant on paying so much for really no reason

You will find most Travel Agents will Price match, at least here in Australia.

When i booked my Disney trip i got all the cheapest prices online and took them into the travel agent and they price matched them all for me.

In Australia (not sure about the US) you dont pay Travel Agents any comission as they get kick backs from their wholesalers,

Sadly, I'm in Canada and they don't price match! I think it's due to our dollar being .89 to 1.00 USD. I'm just hoping someone can give me a reputable company name they used, when I search LA tour there are SO many tour company's!! I've reached out to our hotel to see if they have a suggestion but I haven't heard back from them yet

• Former Churro Jockey

I doubt any local residents have ever taken a tour of LA, but I can tell you the bus I always see around is Starline Tours of Hollywood. I don't know if that means that they are reputable though. Grey Line is well known. They seem to have tours of just about every city in the world.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

• UnExiled Minion

What do you want to see?
    Renting a car will be a lot more efficient to see what you want to see instead of a tour company deciding for you.
    Lots of museums, bike ride along the beach, there's Hollywood, there's Griffith Park, a hike up to the Hollywood sign, Universal Studios, Warner Bros, etc.
    Unless you want to see movie stars' homes. Then get a map that might have been updated recently.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    I doubt any local residents have ever taken a tour of LA, but I can tell you the bus I always see around is Starline Tours of Hollywood. I don't know if that means that they are reputable though. Grey Line is well known. They seem to have tours of just about every city in the world.
    Thank you very much! That is what I'm looking for. I'd just like a company that isn't like.. a van that wants to take us around or someone online stealing our money LOL. Atleast a company well known is better than these places I'm reading about online that I can't find reviews on. Thanks for your reply, its much appreciated.

My husband is weary on driving in LA. We're from a fairly small town in BC, Canada with about 75,000 people and driving across town is less than 5 min no highways. We think it would be best for us to just kind of 'sit back and relax' and let someone else deal with traffic. I guess just be tourists!

Driving in LA is easy. You don't move very fast so you have plenty of time to figure out where you're going! If you're really not in a hurry, take the 405! (and yes you have to call it "the 405" as we say "the" in front of all the freeways [but not highways... nobody would ever say "the PCH"])

• UnExiled Minion

Quote Originally Posted by visitingdisney View Post
    My husband is weary on driving in LA. We're from a fairly small town in BC, Canada with about 75,000 people and driving across town is less than 5 min no highways. We think it would be best for us to just kind of 'sit back and relax' and let someone else deal with traffic. I guess just be tourists!
    But that's what Disneyland is for!! After that it's time to get crazy and drive on the freeway!
    You can practice by first going on Autopia. That would be about the same speed as the freeways here.

List of places I would take out of town guests (yes, I would be driving):
    Aerospace, Science, and History Museums in Exposition Park near USC.
    Griffith Park, for a picnic lunch and hike (or biking if the hills aren't too much).
    Beach, for just sitting around or for biking (flat path, lots of little towns to explore along the way).
    The Getty.
    LA County Museum of Art (LACMA).
    Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles.
    Phillippe's, for French Dip.
    Tail o the pup, for a hot dog.
    Pasadena, not sure exactly what to see, except for the Rose Bowl.
    LA Live and Grammy Museum.

Everyone, feel free to add to this.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."