Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• At the bottom

Re: Fastpass Return Times

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    It's actually 1 hour and 10 minutes late. The time you are supposed to be back is the first time on the fastpass. The second time is when the built-in 1 hour grace period ends.
    That's odd..

Every Fastpass I have dating back over a decade says return anytime between X and X. No mention of a grace period, or time you are "supposed" to be back.

Quote Originally Posted by theatremouse View Post
    It may well be an avenue for abuse, but in my experience, if a ride were closed at some point, since the return-times-enforcement became a hard rule, they let you come back any time later iff the return time on your FP was during the window it was closed, but not otherwise. So they don't necessarily need a stamp for someone who came back and it was closed. They just need to only apply the exception if you are a known affected party. If I walk past and see the attraction is closed, I don't want to have to walk all the way up to a CM to get a stamp. They're generally already mobbed by people not as familiar with the system asking "but what do I do if it doesn't reopen during my window". So it's helpful, in my mind, that the people who know the answer to that question don't need to go ask it. They can just come back later, knowing the FP's still good because of the closure. It shouldn't mean everyone with a return time after the closure has an open ended return time. If it's down from 1-2 but back some time before 3, then someone with a 3-4pm FP return should still only get in until 4 (ish if someone's being nice). But I digress.

I want to echo what Stormy said about the "grace period" thing. It hasn't happened to me but I've walked past my fair share of "but I'm only ten minutes late!" folk who got turned away. So, don't count on there being a grace period, but if you end up +10 min late for your window, no harm in trying as you may be allowed in anyway, but don't assume you will.

Also, the handy thing about the RSR FPs being non-networked is they're very conspicuous. Unlike, for example, Roger Rabbit which for a while was sometimes on-network, sometimes off, but you could only tell by trying, the RSR FPs very clearly say on them that you can have a FP for another ride concurrently. It's not a secret. It's a feature, in this case.
    I ran into the same situation as well at Indy, where the ride was down during our return time. The CM told us we were free to return anytime during the day to use our FastPass and we did eventually get on the ride a few hours later, however by that time, the FastPass Returnline was all the way down to Pirates, leading me to believe that everyone tried using their FastPass all at once as soon as the ride was back up. I wonder if there is a better way to handle this as I mean the Stand by was pushed to over 120 minutes at this point and they can't really "hand out" or "enforce" new times to people who were turned away with FastPass return times during the ride's closure.
    "Hello folks, welcome aboard the Disneyland Railroad..."
    "The Gods have been angered by all the celebratin'..."

• The doctor is in

They really shouldn't. If a person has a dinner reservation, they have no business getting a fastpass during that reservation.
    Precisely.

Just be on time for your FastPasses. It really isn't difficult to do.
    I witnessed CMs turning people away who had passes that had expired during my last trip. All the FP kiosks have signs, along with the passes themselves, stating that late arrivals will not be accommodated.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

Quote Originally Posted by ldbriq View Post
    Thank you, oo_nrb. The grace window information is especially useful!
    Don't count on the grace window... it seems to be more of a CM discretion. Last trip we got stuck on a ride that caused us to miss out window by 5 minutes and at first the CM wasn't going to budge.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by DownwiththeTide View Post
    That's odd..

Every Fastpass I have dating back over a decade says return anytime between X and X. No mention of a grace period, or time you are "supposed" to be back.
    It doesn't have to be spelled out on the ticket to figure out that the ticket holder is given a 1 hour grace period. That is the reason for the second time on the fastpass. Otherwise, they would just say be back at X time and if one fails to show, the ticket holder is SOL.
    Last edited by calsig31; 03-26-2014 at 02:11 PM.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

They really shouldn't. If a person has a dinner reservation, they have no business getting a fastpass during that reservation.
    I don't know that having a reservation should limit the number of rides you want to ride. What if you only have one day and want to get most everything done?

• Chief Troublemaker

Quote Originally Posted by hollyray View Post
    I don't know that having a reservation should limit the number of rides you want to ride. What if you only have one day and want to get most everything done?
    If you have a DR and a FP for the same time period, you should decide which one is more important to you. It doesn't entitle you to either show up late for your reservation and still expect to be seated immediately nor to show up after your FP has expired and expect to it to be honored. If you have, say, a 5pm reservation and a 7pm FP and for some reason your dinner unexpectedly runs over (slow service, late seating, etc), that's different. But if you have a 5 pm reservation AND pull a 5-6pm FP, then you just need to decide which you want to do. Or gobble down your meal REAL fast!

Everyone wants to get the most of everything done. That doesn't entitle anyone to special considerations nor to disregard the rules.
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

• -

Then the person doesn't get a fastpass that coincides with a dinner reservation. The person would have to get a fastpass for after dinner. They have already comitted to one thing. It is time to make a choice, either keep the dinner reservation, or get a fastpass for a ride.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

•   

When spending an entire day at the parks, there's absolutely no reason someone should be penalizing there ride count due to eating a meal. Disney is happy to turn there head on a fast pass if a guest just ate dinner or lunch at one of there upscale restaurants considering that's where they generate most of there in park revenue. I'm sure if you said you were in line at a souvenir shop and showed the receipt they would also let you on 15 min late in the grace period. If you are spending money in the parks and that is what causes you to be late they should be more than happy to turn there head and let you through 15 min outside your allotted window.

I would agree if you had any control on the return time of the fastpass. That is my biggest problem with the fastpass system. You really have no control on when your return time is, yes you know what it will be before you put your ticket in, but for a popular ride where the fastpasses are closed out within a few hours of opening you have no control over what time you are going to get. If they would allow you to pick a time, even from a list of times available it would allow people to plan things out a bit better. Instead for the popular dinner spots you have to make a reservation in advance of your trip and have no idea what fastpass time you are going to get stuck with... You might have no option beyond a fastpass that gets stuck too close to a dinner reservations, and guess what even if you have a reservation at 1:00 it doesn't actually mean you'll get seated at 1:00 they sometimes run late so why penalize someone for Disney's mistakes?

• Foolish Mortal

Quote Originally Posted by Droberts1395 View Post
    When spending an entire day at the parks, there's absolutely no reason someone should be penalizing there ride count due to eating a meal. Disney is happy to turn there head on a fast pass if a guest just ate dinner or lunch at one of there upscale restaurants considering that's where they generate most of there in park revenue. I'm sure if you said you were in line at a souvenir shop and showed the receipt they would also let you on 15 min late in the grace period. If you are spending money in the parks and that is what causes you to be late they should be more than happy to turn there head and let you through 15 min outside your allotted window.
    But what if someone can't afford to spend their money at an upscale Disney restaurant? Does that make them any less of a guest than one that does? People could always just spend their money after their FastPass time slot.
    Last edited by moregumboplease; 03-25-2014 at 12:29 PM.

Enforced this passed weekend, finally.

• The doctor is in

Then don't make a reservation or accept that it takes time away from your day.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post
    Then don't make a reservation or accept that it takes time away from your day.
    I'm not saying we really ever eat at sit down restaurants in DL, but one has no control over when the fast pass times will be, therefore it is a valid excuse.

• -

I'm not saying we really ever eat at sit down restaurants in DL, but one has no control over when the fast pass times will be, therefore it is a valid excuse.
    Yes, people do have control of when their fastpass times will be. The distribution area usually has a sign that tells what times are being dispensed at present. If it is a time that coincides with dinner, come back later and get a fastpass for a more favorable time.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast