Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Fastpass Return Times

Hello Anybody!

I'm returning to Disneyland for the first time in more than a year. I remember reading articles last year stating that Cast Members had begun strictly enforcing FP return times. It's been a while and I was wondering if this was still happening or if they had eased up any since then.

The answer will greatly help me plan my weekend!

Thank you!

Re: Fastpass Return Times

Quote Originally Posted by ldbriq View Post
    Hello Anybody!

I'm returning to Disneyland for the first time in more than a year. I remember reading articles last year stating that Cast Members had begun strictly enforcing FP return times. It's been a while and I was wondering if this was still happening or if they had eased up any since then.

The answer will greatly help me plan my weekend!

Thank you!
    Fastpass return times are still enforced across the resort. Generally there is a 5 minute grace window before your return time, and a 15 minute grace window after your return time. Other than that, the return times are being held to (with the exception of unexpected ride closures, in which case your Fastpass is valid for later in the day).

DL and DCA still have separate Fastpass networks however, so you can still have two current return times at once, one for each park
    *I am an employee of The Walt Disney Company*
    *All words above are my own and do not represent TWDC, nor do I speak on their behalf*
    *All words above conform to the Social Media policy distributed to employees; no confidential information is divulged*

• -

Thankfully, yes. They are being enforced.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Thank you, oo_nrb. The grace window information is especially useful!

Are FPs for RSR linked to the rest of DCA or separate so that you could get one for RSR and another ride like Soaring at the same time?

• Chief Troublemaker

RSR is not connected at this time. You can get a FP for RSR and still get a FP for another ride.

I'll add that the 'grace period' is not a written policy and is up to the CM at the ride. If you show up 15 minutes late, you may very well be turned away. And we showed up about 7 minutes early for Indy and were told to wait until our window opened.
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

I still don't get why they can't stamp FP tickets when people return to a closed attraction to make them perpetually valid. I see this as an avenue for abuse.

It may well be an avenue for abuse, but in my experience, if a ride were closed at some point, since the return-times-enforcement became a hard rule, they let you come back any time later iff the return time on your FP was during the window it was closed, but not otherwise. So they don't necessarily need a stamp for someone who came back and it was closed. They just need to only apply the exception if you are a known affected party. If I walk past and see the attraction is closed, I don't want to have to walk all the way up to a CM to get a stamp. They're generally already mobbed by people not as familiar with the system asking "but what do I do if it doesn't reopen during my window". So it's helpful, in my mind, that the people who know the answer to that question don't need to go ask it. They can just come back later, knowing the FP's still good because of the closure. It shouldn't mean everyone with a return time after the closure has an open ended return time. If it's down from 1-2 but back some time before 3, then someone with a 3-4pm FP return should still only get in until 4 (ish if someone's being nice). But I digress.

I want to echo what Stormy said about the "grace period" thing. It hasn't happened to me but I've walked past my fair share of "but I'm only ten minutes late!" folk who got turned away. So, don't count on there being a grace period, but if you end up +10 min late for your window, no harm in trying as you may be allowed in anyway, but don't assume you will.

Also, the handy thing about the RSR FPs being non-networked is they're very conspicuous. Unlike, for example, Roger Rabbit which for a while was sometimes on-network, sometimes off, but you could only tell by trying, the RSR FPs very clearly say on them that you can have a FP for another ride concurrently. It's not a secret. It's a feature, in this case.

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by theatremouse View Post
    It may well be an avenue for abuse, but in my experience, if a ride were closed at some point, since the return-times-enforcement became a hard rule, they let you come back any time later iff the return time on your FP was during the window it was closed, but not otherwise. So they don't necessarily need a stamp for someone who came back and it was closed. [...]
    Thanks for that clarification. I knew it was possible but honestly didn't think Disney would go for doing that.

Thanks for the insight Stormy and theatremouse. I'm really looking forward to my visit! Even if this new enforcement will cost me a ride or two.

About the grace period;
    If mention that you had a meal reservation or a fastpass at the same time for another attraction. they will most likely let you go through (but don't lie!).

• MaliBOOMer

Quote Originally Posted by hollyray View Post
    About the grace period;
    If mention that you had a meal reservation or a fastpass at the same time for another attraction. they will most likely let you go through (but don't lie!).
    They had us show our receipt. So I'm not sure it's on the honor system.
    Favorite Ride: Tower of Terror

Quote Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
    They had us show our receipt. So I'm not sure it's on the honor system.
    Either way, my family has never had a problem with it.

I'm a bit of a pushover since Tomorrow Land didn't burn me out. I'll let you in five minutes early and 10 minutes late. Anything over 20 I'll probably ask to see your receipt from your meal reservation. I'm more lenient with being slightly over 10 minutes late than I am with being earlier than 5 minutes. For example, I don't really hesitate for Fastpasses 13-15 minutes late while I definitely hesitate with Fastpasses that are 7+ minutes early.

As far as breakdowns go, we keep a log of our down times. The fact that we still accept Fastpasses from when we were broken down earlier in the day is the number one cause of the Fastpass queue backing up.

From my experience, if you hit up Tower of Terror during a day and hour when there's a minimal AP presence, they're a lot more chill. I'm sure the same holds true for other attractions but that's the only one I've witnessed first hand.

Seriously, don't ruin a nice thing by throwing a fit over late Fastpasses. The more temper tantrums guests throw, the more we'll have to treat guests like babies. Oh, and the more times we have to call Mama Manager over temper tantrums, the more rules Mama Manager will create to restrain the spontaneity of your magical day.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by theatremouse View Post
    So, don't count on there being a grace period, but if you end up +10 min late for your window, no harm in trying as you may be allowed in anyway, but don't assume you will.
    It's actually 1 hour and 10 minutes late. The time you are supposed to be back is the first time on the fastpass. The second time is when the built-in 1 hour grace period ends.

Quote Originally Posted by hollyray View Post
    They really shouldn't. If a person has a dinner reservation, they have no business getting a fastpass during that reservation.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast