Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Do you expect any major announcements for DLR in the next 2 years?

I think DCA 2.0 is still bringing in enough people at the moment. I hope they announce something for the Florida parks beforehand because Universal is kicking them where it hurts right now.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• Not the Hawkguy

Infrastructure upgrades are what I'd love to see. Build a second large parking structure at the Puumba Lot, connect it to the Esplande with a PM or raised trams. Build another parking structure at Simba Lot that can serve all the hotels/DTD, and free up land for a new hotel in that area.

I mean I think its pretty obvious they are gonna make a Star Wars ride.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Nirya View Post
    Infrastructure upgrades are what I'd love to see. Build a second large parking structure at the Puumba Lot, connect it to the Esplande with a PM or raised trams. Build another parking structure at Simba Lot that can serve all the hotels/DTD, and free up land for a new hotel in that area.
    I completely agree, I would be quite happy to see some major infrastructure improvements. I'm assuming that they've been waiting to finalize plans for Pumbaa until the city finalizes its plans for the streetcar. It would be smart to build a PM which could be easily expanded to the third gate. But they'll probably be too cheap and do it with either trams or possibly just moving walkways.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by Nemo123 View Post
    I mean I think its pretty obvious they are gonna make a Star Wars ride.
    While there will certainly be more Star Wars and more Marvel, I don't see any major project for either property in the next two years. Even if they fast track a project that's green lit the second that Iger is done, the soonest anything could plausibly open is 2017, and that's unlikely. More likely, new CEO is appointed, makes the rounds around the world to get their face out there as the new head and get everyone used to a new boss, projects for parks worldwide would be announced at D23 2017, construction would begin January 2018, likely on normal speed, opening Christmas 2019, to coincide with Star Wars Episode 9 and Avengers 3.

I expect D23 2015 to be nothing but Shanghai, Avatarland, and the new Star Wars movie. If we're lucky they may drag out JJ Abrams and there may be some vague mentions about bringing the experience to Disney Parks, but I wouldn't expect anything specific.

I would love to see them make some infrastructure improvements, but I can't imagine Iger doing anything other than lining his pockets before he leaves.

I think the biggest clue will be if the Subs reopen or not. If they reopen, I expect the "retro" 60th birthday rumors to be true and the best we will get for the next few years will be Star Wars meet-n-greets. If the subs don't reopen, MAYBE we'll finally get the Tomorrowland redo, but I doubt it.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DuckyDelite View Post
    I expect D23 2015 to be nothing but Shanghai, Avatarland, and the new Star Wars movie. If we're lucky they may drag out JJ Abrams and there may be some vague mentions about bringing the experience to Disney Parks, but I wouldn't expect anything specific.

I would love to see them make some infrastructure improvements, but I can't imagine Iger doing anything other than lining his pockets before he leaves.

I think the biggest clue will be if the Subs reopen or not. If they reopen, I expect the "retro" 60th birthday rumors to be true and the best we will get for the next few years will be Star Wars meet-n-greets. If the subs don't reopen, MAYBE we'll finally get the Tomorrowland redo, but I doubt it.
    I'll be completely shocked if there's anything of significance about Shanghai at D23. It's pretty obvious that Disney doesn't think Americans care about Shanghai and for the most part I think they're right. I really don't see why there would be much about the Star Wars movie either. It will already have been released and they won't have much about Episode 8 yet. Possibly some of the stand alone movies will be featured. Personally, I don't think most Disney fans would even be that excited to see JJ Abrams. I'm a Star Wars fan and I wouldn't even care about seeing him.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    I'll be completely shocked if there's anything of significance about Shanghai at D23. It's pretty obvious that Disney doesn't think Americans care about Shanghai and for the most part I think they're right. I really don't see why there would be much about the Star Wars movie either. It will already have been released and they won't have much about Episode 8 yet. Possibly some of the stand alone movies will be featured. Personally, I don't think most Disney fans would even be that excited to see JJ Abrams. I'm a Star Wars fan and I wouldn't even care about seeing him.
    Your timeline is a bit off.

04-16-15 through 04-19-15: Star Wars Celebration VII Convention
    08-14-15 through 08-16-15: D23 Expo
    12-18-15 : Star Wars Episode VII Release

I would expect a teaser trailer at Celebration, and a full on Sneak Peak like Captain America, with the first 10 minutes or so of the movie at D23. Also, Disney fans love Star Wars, and vice versa. Star Wars weekends in Florida are not small, there will be massive interest at D23 for the new film, and any hint or rumor of anything parkwise will be amplified. Don't sell D23 short.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by lightofdarkness View Post
    Your timeline is a bit off.

04-16-15 through 04-19-15: Star Wars Celebration VII Convention
    08-14-15 through 08-16-15: D23 Expo
    12-18-15 : Star Wars Episode VII Release

I would expect a teaser trailer at Celebration, and a full on Sneak Peak like Captain America, with the first 10 minutes or so of the movie at D23. Also, Disney fans love Star Wars, and vice versa. Star Wars weekends in Florida are not small, there will be massive interest at D23 for the new film, and any hint or rumor of anything parkwise will be amplified. Don't sell D23 short.

I think it is important to remember that Expo has multiple events.

Movies and the parks are separate events and won't interfere with each other.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• Not the Hawkguy

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    I think I'd bet on some Stage 3 Marvel stuff, as at that time they'd have already released Avengers 2, so they could show teasers of Cap 3, Ant Man, and potentially Dr. Strange and other stuff.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12