Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

• Quiet As A Mouse!

It's a Secret........... Sssssssshhhhhhhh!!!!!!

Astro Orbitor To Be Removed?

Recently, I heard rumors that the Astro Orbitor would be removed in the near future? What do you think? Are you for it or against it? Would it return to it's former glory at the top of the Observatron?

Questions, comments, concerns, suggestions, worries, wishes?
    I Get In. I Get Out. I Never Get Noticed!
    - From "Prep And Landing"

• -

re: Astro Orbitor To Be Removed?

I think it should be moved away from the entrance to Tomorrowland in order to open that area up. However, I think it would be wise for Disney to wait until a decision is made on what to do with the Peoplemover track first. It would be foolish to place a spinning rocket ride back in the location of the former Rocket Jets if they are just going to remove the Peoplemover load platform at some point since the rocket ride would then have to be moved again.

With all that said, it would be great to have an elevated spinning rocket ride again. I remember the old Rocket Jets used to offer some of the best views of the park at night.
    "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

I hope they have a plan for where to put it before they remove it, whether that be atop the PM loading area or where the Space Mountain queue currently is... I wont ride it, but I am not for removing something with no plan to replace it somewhere else

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Much more of a focal point back raised up in the Tomorrowland center, certainly.

But zero hard evidence for this unless you've got any sort of quotable source? I'll believe it when the walls go up and the cranes and construction equipment comes out.
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by superlarz View Post
    I hope they have a plan for where to put it before they remove it, whether that be atop the PM loading area or where the Space Mountain queue currently is... I wont ride it, but I am not for removing something with no plan to replace it somewhere else
    Seriously? They've only removed about 100 attractions from the park without replacement. Why would they possibly start doing so now?
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

Anyone have a source for this rumor? Today's Dateline Disneyland seems to imply that it'll happen sometime soon. I know its been discussed within the context of a larger Tomorrowland renovation, but I don't think it should be moved or removed just for the sake of it. As ugly as the entrance rocks are, I'd rather have them for now then a big empty space like where the Maliboomer was (I'm glad that the Maliboomer was removed, but by now there should be at least some nice seating or something in its place). Just seems like more trouble than its worth unless the Tomorrowland renovation is coming shortly.

That being said, I wouldn't miss it terribly if it went to Yesterland, but I'd probably ride it again if it were back up on its perch.

• Under that tree again!

You can go search out this fact, that is sourced from some of the top people who have worked at WDI.

The Astro Orbiter is where it is, to reduce crowding. It was moved to open up space that was way over crowded in the middle of TL to the entrance.

Look at it this way. The area around the AO is not the worse pinch point of TL. The path splits around it, and look at the cross section compared to where the ST queue outer queue is, the worse traffic area in TL. If they remove the PM and it's load area which is the TL centerpiece too, then we can complain about the entrance.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

This rumor has been circling for ages now.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

I say ditch it altogether and double up dumbo. Or give us something more exciting like a modified and skinned Dartron Downdraft or Hurricane.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Disneytwins View Post
    This rumor has been circling for ages now.
    Yeah, but it stops, posters are let off, and new ones hop aboard.

• formerly very helpful

I heard they're adding a loop.

• What's that word again?

Quote Originally Posted by RegionsBeyond View Post
    I'll believe it when the walls go up and the cranes and construction equipment comes out.
    That's a good time to start believing things.

Quote Originally Posted by thedustycoyote View Post
    (I'm glad that the Maliboomer was removed, but by now there should be at least some nice seating or something in its place).
    Umm, clearly you're not familiar with the awesome smoking section that took Maliboomer's place! Come on! Oh, and that Toy Story meet-and-greet thinger.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by jawknee View Post
    That's a good time to start believing things.

Umm, clearly you're not familiar with the awesome smoking section that took Maliboomer's place! Come on! Oh, and that Toy Story meet-and-greet thinger.
    I assume you're being sarcastic, but I'd take a smoking area over the Maliboomer everyday and twice on Sunday!
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    I think it would be wise for Disney to wait until a decision is made on what to do with the Peoplemover track first.
    You make it sound like two different companies are involved.

Any plan they make in the area will of course take in to account any future plans they have for said area.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    You make it sound like two different companies are involved.

Any plan they make in the area will of course take in to account any future plans they have for said area.
    They removed Rocket Rods without having any plan of what they would do. Do you think they intended for the tracks to still be standing empty more than fifteen years later? So its not unheard of. Same can be said of the Skyway station, the Motorboat Cruise area & the Maliboomer pad. I think he's just implying that if they're gonna bring out the wrecking balls, they should have a concrete, greenlit plan for Tomorrowland instead of just ideas & concept art.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast