Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: CONFIRMED: Disneyland’s Lilly Belle Car Official Closed to the Public

So is the pass from City Hall no more? Only tours and club 33, correct?
    Murphy,with that neck, is like E.T. in dragon form

You can always try.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• A Cheerful Chick-A-Dee!

Sad day. It'll help preserve it, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by madgei View Post
    Sad day. It'll help preserve it, I suppose.
    That's what I'm thinking too, is the bright side of this is that the car will presumably have less damage from wear and tear as well as a lower likely hood of theft of any the car's furnishings. Theoretically, Disney could just decide to park the car inside the Roundhouse and store it there, but the fact that they still decide to run it around the park still amazes me, even if the general public can no longer get a ride in here, I'm still holding out hope that they will open it for a Destination D or D23 Convention event, which they did in 2013.
    "Hello folks, welcome aboard the Disneyland Railroad..."
    "The Gods have been angered by all the celebratin'..."

• Disneyland Dreamer

It was getting kind of tired(lots of wear on EVERYTHING), and I can totally see why Disney is doing what they are. The carpet in it was also the last of the original made for Walt's apartment, so they'd have to do a custom run to get it replaced.

Just happy we got to experience it as a family, and maybe if we can ever do a VIP tour, we can do it again.

• Disneyland Dreamer

Heard that it is coming back, but only 1 ride per day, 12 people maximum (it was 3 times per day previously). There is still hope.

•   

Something that I don't see mentioned here but heard from a Club 33 member is that the log book was stolen. That's a major red flag that it's time to stop being so permissible about who gets in. Inside the Lilly Belle was an end table with a drawer. Open it and there was a log book with all sorts of famous signatures in it. I was pretty pleased to put my own in the book but it never occurred to me to steal it as a souvenir. Apparently it occurred to someone.

Prior to that was a time when someone almost walked off with the kimono that Emperor Hirohito gave to Walt as a gift. It hung inside the train on the wall. Although they did replace it with a replica and gave the original to the archives it's just another nail in the coffin.

Just because YOU are responsible and can hold your own leash doesn't mean everyone else can. Someone ruined a good thing with their sticky fingers, plus like whoever said above, it was getting kind of worn and threadbare from all the traffic it's had lately.

Limited time magic.
    Your first, your last, your only defense against the scum of the ethereal plane.

<a href=http://westcoastbusters.com/ target=_blank>http://westcoastbusters.com/</a>

• Quiet As A Mouse!

It's a Secret........... Sssssssshhhhhhhh!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by whoever View Post
    Heard that it is coming back, but only 1 ride per day, 12 people maximum (it was 3 times per day previously). There is still hope.
    I heard that it is two rides per day, one in the day, one at night. Ask the CM for details.
    I Get In. I Get Out. I Never Get Noticed!
    - From "Prep And Landing"

• Chief Troublemaker

Quote Originally Posted by whoever View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Disney Ninja View Post
    I heard that it is two rides per day, one in the day, one at night. Ask the CM for details.
    Shall I consider this info as rumor? Never got to ride the LB & don't want to start getting my hopes up.
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by The Disney Ninja View Post
    That will be interesting if they do.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

We'll have to see when it comes back, certainly touring with smaller groups and with two castmembers in the car might help. I'd hate to see the car stripped off all it's belongings, but if they have to take most of that stuff out and store in the Roundhouse or Archives to prevent it from being taken, I'd be fine with that. The Lilly Belle is still not back on the railroad yet but I think they'll announce more details once they get it back on line.
    "Hello folks, welcome aboard the Disneyland Railroad..."
    "The Gods have been angered by all the celebratin'..."

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by TFN5459 View Post
    The Lilly Belle is still not back on the railroad yet but I think they'll announce more details once they get it back on line.
    I heard it is supposed to be back today or tomorrow.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Disneyland Dreamer

Quote Originally Posted by fifthrider View Post
    Something that I don't see mentioned here but heard from a Club 33 member is that the log book was stolen. That's a major red flag that it's time to stop being so permissible about who gets in. Inside the Lilly Belle was an end table with a drawer. Open it and there was a log book with all sorts of famous signatures in it. I was pretty pleased to put my own in the book but it never occurred to me to steal it as a souvenir. Apparently it occurred to someone.

Prior to that was a time when someone almost walked off with the kimono that Emperor Hirohito gave to Walt as a gift. It hung inside the train on the wall. Although they did replace it with a replica and gave the original to the archives it's just another nail in the coffin.

Just because YOU are responsible and can hold your own leash doesn't mean everyone else can. Someone ruined a good thing with their sticky fingers, plus like whoever said above, it was getting kind of worn and threadbare from all the traffic it's had lately.

Limited time magic.
    We didn't look in the book too extensively, but we did see how long the span encompassed, and it was October of 2012 to May of 2013, and totally PACKED full of signatures/stories. We were what I believe to be the last signatures in that specific book.... we were relegated to writing on the margins of the last page.

• Tour Ready

Exclamation Re: CONFIRMED: Disneyland’s Lilly Belle Car Official Closed to the Public

Quote Originally Posted by fifthrider View Post
    Emperor Hirohito was the First VIP Guest to ride the Lilly Belle on her first run as the Disneyland Railroad Presidential Car in 1976. He did not present Walt with a Kimono as Walt had already been dead for nearly a decade. The black smoking jacket that hangs in the car is a period appropriate prop that helps theme the car as a posh Parlor Car.

It's a shame this is happening, but I can understand that they want to protect the car from vandalism and theft. Too bad they couldn't have a cast member in the Lilly Belle to keep an eye on things.

Years ago, in the early 90's, a CM approached my wife and I when we were in the Main Street Train Station just after the park opened, and asked if we wanted to ride in the Lilly Belle. Of course, we said, "yes". So, we got to take the Grand Circle Tour in that fabulous and historical car. That CM sure made magic happen for us that day. For persons that never got that opportunity, things aren't looking good for guest trips on the car.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast