Question Rides that are handicap friendly?

i will be going with my family to Disneyland on april 15th or 16th and my mother needs a wheelchair to get around. She also has a bad hip and can barely walk so no intense rides like indiana jones and such. Im curious as to what rides at the park have handicap access so she doesn't have to get out of her chair or can be assisted on with movement thats very minor.

Also I know this is the disneyland section but we are also making a trip to universal so any advice on the same subject for that park would be greatly appreciated as well. Thanks a bunch in advance .

• Chief Troublemaker

Re: Rides that are handicap friendly?

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/gue...-disabilities/

Here's a list of all rides with their requirements as far as transfers/assistance go.

I'd assume that Universal has a similar page on their website.
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Warlock128 View Post
    i will be going with my family to Disneyland on april 15th or 16th and my mother needs a wheelchair to get around. She also has a bad hip and can barely walk so no intense rides like indiana jones and such. Im curious as to what rides at the park have handicap access so she doesn't have to get out of her chair or can be assisted on with movement thats very minor.
    Buzz Lightyear has a ride vehicle that can open an dallow her to ride in her chair. Same with Jungle Cruise and Small World. Others she will need to transfer, Cast Members can hold her chair but cannot assist her. Haunted Mansion you can move her chair right beside the buggy and the chair has a cut out so she can kind of slide into it. Other rides, she will have to step down into the ride, or up and out of the ride.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    Buzz Lightyear has a ride vehicle that can open an dallow her to ride in her chair. Same with Jungle Cruise and Small World. Others she will need to transfer, Cast Members can hold her chair but cannot assist her. Haunted Mansion you can move her chair right beside the buggy and the chair has a cut out so she can kind of slide into it. Other rides, she will have to step down into the ride, or up and out of the ride.
    The Disneyland Railroad and Disneyland Monorail also are accesible without transfer (save for Main Street Station which only has stairs) if you're looking for transportation.
    "Hello folks, welcome aboard the Disneyland Railroad..."
    "The Gods have been angered by all the celebratin'..."

• The doctor is in

Most of the wheelchair accessible things that I am aware of are the shows like World of Color, Fantasmic, Aladdin, Muppet Vision 3D, Captain EO, and Disney Junior. The walkthrough things like the ToonTown houses and Innoventions are accessible, too.
    There aren't many rides that you don't have to transfer into from a wheelchair to go on. Even the Fantasyland dark rides require you to transfer into the ride vehicle.

Here is a pdf for the Universal Hollywood info. It seems similar to Disney in the sense that most rides require you to transfer from a wheelchair. The shows and tours are wheelchair accessible.

http://www.universalstudioshollywood...Guide_2013.pdf
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.