Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Silly Things That Drive You CRAZY!!

I know people use cell phones for many reasons at the park, especially to make the time pass in line, but when people walk onto the ride still staring at their phone, for the whole ride, I have to wonder "Why were you even in line? Don't you want to see what you've spent 45+min in line for?" If all the people in Disneyland who spent most of there time as a cell zombie left, the park wouldn't be so crowded.

• Meh

During fireworks or a parade, people that are "walking down the path" but really watching the show while moving! Makes it so much slower to get places!

I know this is partly my fault for traveling through the parks DURING a show, but it's still annoying haha!
    Grim, I lost her once; I'm not gonna lose her again.

• Greetings, Program!

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda949 View Post
    This reminds me of a funny story. While standing in line for "Mr. Toad" my good friend was just waiting, minding her own business, when all of a sudden a Japanese tourist slowly inched her way closer and closer to my friend. Then out of nowhere the tourist put her head on my friends shoulder and took a selfie!! The tourist then just turned around and started talking to her group as if nothing happened! We were all astounded!! Either they thought my friend was famous (She did used to kind of resemble Fergie) or this girl just really, really wanted a picture with an American girl.
    We always joke that there's a photo of my friend floating around somewhere on the other side of the world.
    i'm going to guess that your friend was actually mistaken for celebrity. Same thing happened when I was working the Rocket Jets platform back in the late 80s. Two Middle Eastern guys were up there trying to get a shot of Stevie wonder and used a tactic very similar to what you just described.
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

Something that personally bothers me very much is people asking if the Disneyland Railroad locomotives are actually steam powered, or better yet, parents telling their kids that there is a diesel engine inside. Most of the Steam Department Castmembers I've chatted with usually start laughing at that one and I love hearing people try to explain why the "Fake" steam engine needs tons of water ( and this has happened too, I'm not making this up). I guess another would be that the Submarines are actually diving, if one cared to look up towards the top of the window, you can very clearly see the water line...
    "Hello folks, welcome aboard the Disneyland Railroad..."
    "The Gods have been angered by all the celebratin'..."

Close enough to the DLR to keep me satisfied.

--People who scream loudly on rides and think they're hilarious as a result(I don't hate screaming if you're legitimately enjoying the ride, but I have many an acquaintance who will recount stories of the HILARIOUS thing they did--they screamed when they were going up the hill!! wow so much clever -.-)

--People who talk during rides, esp. the first part of Pirates'. It's not as if they're talking about the ride or making comments, they're just having their own conversations. It's sad because I think they think there isn't anything "happening" so they're not being disruptive, but the silence and the darkness of that moment is what really sets the mood.
    (side note: I was once in a boat with a bunch of jr high boys who wouldn't shut up during the first part, and finally one of the boys in that party kindly and maturely told the rest to be quiet. So much respect for the 13 year old.)

--People who don't know how to navigate crowds. Everybody is walking because it's the safest and easiest way for a large amount of us to get from point A to point B, so you running isn't going to help us at all. Or people who hold hands, link arms, etc. You just create a larger mass for us to move around, and you can't even move your party that quickly in that formation.

--Flash pictures anywhere and at anytime.

--This isn't something that happens commonly, but I always cringe when I see people with Nintendo DSes at Disneyland. I kinda get playing on your phone, since there's a true utilitarian function for it and you'll have it anyway, but Nintendo DSes are purely for entertainment purposes. If you're paying hundreds of dollars for something that's not as entertaining as a video game you have at home, why are you here?

The length of the dole whip line.

• Done with MC.

I have to agree with Liva about the people with tier fake screams for attention sake.
    But perhaps the biggest one for me is people snaking smokes in inappropriate places.

• Resident of The Mansion

Quote Originally Posted by Puffin999 View Post
    I know people use cell phones for many reasons at the park, especially to make the time pass in line, but when people walk onto the ride still staring at their phone, for the whole ride, I have to wonder "Why were you even in line? Don't you want to see what you've spent 45+min in line for?" If all the people in Disneyland who spent most of there time as a cell zombie left, the park wouldn't be so crowded.
    There needs to be a policy where if they are caught being a cell phone zombie, on an attraction, they need to be removed from the park, or asked to put their phone in a locker.

Okay, since we can't bring up reciting the HM spiel again (oops, sorry!), or line cutters (oops, sorry again!), I'll have to say Cinderella not getting anything other than her coach float in MSEP (which I know is another thread topic). Another thing that drives me crazy is the insane prices for a Dasani.

I'm one of those people who recites the Haunted Mansion spiel. Sorry! I try not to yell it out, I usually just whisper it to myself

It really drives me crazy when entire families decide to stop right in the middle of the walkway so that they can look at their map. I don't mind that you need to talk as a group, but move to the side so everyone else can get by!

Quote Originally Posted by JackMiller341 View Post
    I'm one of those people who recites the Haunted Mansion spiel. Sorry! I try not to yell it out, I usually just whisper it to myself

It really drives me crazy when entire families decide to stop right in the middle of the walkway so that they can look at their map. I don't mind that you need to talk as a group, but move to the side so everyone else can get by!
    Okay, after reading and participating in the HM spiel reciting thread a few weeks ago, I have been more tolerant of those who whisper it and not do it in a way to draw attention to yourselves. Alright, I won't bring it up again. As for the stopping in the middle of walkways to check maps, get something out of pockets, pick your nose, whatever....YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hate that.

• Minion

I can't stand it when people call Disney World "The Happiest Place on Earth." Huh? NO. That is incorrect. It bothers me when people spell Disneyland, "Disney Land." Part of this has to do with the English major in me. Grammatical errors drive me crazy.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

Quote Originally Posted by jasmineray View Post
    I can't stand it when people call Disney World "The Happiest Place on Earth." Huh? NO. That is incorrect. It bothers me when people spell Disneyland, "Disney Land." Part of this has to do with the English major in me. Grammatical errors drive me crazy.
    What bothers me even more is when people believe that Disneyland is Walt Disney World's younger sibling, I mean do people not hear all the cast members at Disneyland saying "Walt Disney's Original Magic Kingdom" all day long?
    "Hello folks, welcome aboard the Disneyland Railroad..."
    "The Gods have been angered by all the celebratin'..."

Quote Originally Posted by Hillchat View Post
    Okay, after reading and participating in the HM spiel reciting thread a few weeks ago, I have been more tolerant of those who whisper it and not do it in a way to draw attention to yourselves. Alright, I won't bring it up again. As for the stopping in the middle of walkways to check maps, get something out of pockets, pick your nose, whatever....YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hate that.
    I think it would be really fun for a bunch of MiceChat members to gather and all recite the spiel in the stretching room, just to get it out of our systems!

Quote Originally Posted by JackMiller341 View Post
    I think it would be really fun for a bunch of MiceChat members to gather and all recite the spiel in the stretching room, just to get it out of our systems!
    HA HA! Okay, fine. I'll be a sport and do it, too!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast