Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

• A Cheerful Chick-A-Dee!

Re: Silly Things That Drive You CRAZY!!

Quote Originally Posted by smartlabelprint View Post
    The length of the dole whip line.
    This. The most annoying of all.

The fact that I'm not at Disneyland right now drives me crazy.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by TFN5459 View Post
    What bothers me even more is when people believe that Disneyland is Walt Disney World's younger sibling, I mean do people not hear all the cast members at Disneyland saying "Walt Disney's Original Magic Kingdom" all day long?
    Yes, this, too! I once got into an argument over which one came first. It was ridiculous.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

• Here's my 2 cents

mispronouncing Autopia as AUTOtopia
    calling Haunted mansion "Mickey's haunted house" or anything else but HM
    I reject your reality and substitute my own

• Former Churro Jockey

Quote Originally Posted by Hillchat View Post
    Okay, since we can't bring up reciting the HM spiel again (oops, sorry!), or line cutters (oops, sorry again!), I'll have to say Cinderella not getting anything other than her coach float in MSEP (which I know is another thread topic). Another thing that drives me crazy is the insane prices for a Dasani.
    I totally agree about the price for bottled water, but I think it comes down to a logistical thing. We have a relatively small bin for drinks as it is that needs to be restocked, and we can count on coke and bottled water being the most popular, with Sprite being the next most popular, and Diet Coke being the least popular. If bottled water were less expensive, we would need to have a lot more bottled water then anything else, and we'd always be running out of other drinks, or if we fully stocked Coke, Sprite, and Diet Coke, we'd always be out of bottled water. I think it's a necessariy evil to make sure that we have every kind of drink available.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

One thing that I don't get is why people bring their iPads, not the minis, but the big regular size ones to take pictures and videos of parades and things. I mean, an ipad costs atleast $499, aren't you afraid of it getting stolen or damaged. And it's not like it has spectacular camera quality you can't live without, it's about the same as an iPhone.

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

It drives me crazy that Disneyland is one word, yet the attraction Storybook Land and the land Cars Land are two words. So much inconsistency! It drives this Virgo bonkers! LOL

• Mommy of 2 Miracles!

Quote Originally Posted by Blake View Post
    The fact that I'm not at Disneyland right now drives me crazy.
    That is not at all silly. That is completely legit.
    "To ALL who come to this happy place, Welcome" Walt Disney

All means ALL

• Mommy of 2 Miracles!

Quote Originally Posted by disneylover16 View Post
    One thing that I don't get is why people bring their iPads, not the minis, but the big regular size ones to take pictures and videos of parades and things. I mean, an ipad costs atleast $499, aren't you afraid of it getting stolen or damaged. And it's not like it has spectacular camera quality you can't live without, it's about the same as an iPhone.
    I am with you on this one. It is annoying enough for people to raise their iPhone in your way to take a photo but a whole freaking iPad blocks the view!
    "To ALL who come to this happy place, Welcome" Walt Disney

All means ALL

• Meh

I always find this funny when I see it! I would feel so awkward doing this!
    Grim, I lost her once; I'm not gonna lose her again.

• Disney Obsessed

you know I get annoyed VERY easily at the parks by little things, that shouldn't bug me but they do. My dad was the same way and he NEVER could have a whole day of good times at the park... so I decided I will try NOT to be annoyed by silly things and I already speak up on big things (i'll be damned if you try to cut me line! lol)

But I think MOST annoyances boil down to manners: If you do something "wrong" - which i'm sure we all have done PLENTY of annoying things to others in the parks at some point or another- you just say, sorry, excuse me, anything really! Instead of ignoring that you made a mistake. I would be a MILLION times less annoyed when someone ran over my foot, that they can't see through the crowd or whatnot, if they just acknowledged it and said sorry. /endrant.

Close enough to the DLR to keep me satisfied.

I noticed that in Aladdin they now have a spiel that tells people to not take pictures with iPads or tablets so as not to block other people. Thought that was a nice addition.

Quote Originally Posted by jasmineray View Post
    I can't stand it when people call Disney World "The Happiest Place on Earth." Huh? NO. That is incorrect. It bothers me when people spell Disneyland, "Disney Land." Part of this has to do with the English major in me. Grammatical errors drive me crazy.

That drives me insane too!

Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    I totally agree about the price for bottled water, but I think it comes down to a logistical thing. We have a relatively small bin for drinks as it is that needs to be restocked, and we can count on coke and bottled water being the most popular, with Sprite being the next most popular, and Diet Coke being the least popular. If bottled water were less expensive, we would need to have a lot more bottled water then anything else, and we'd always be running out of other drinks, or if we fully stocked Coke, Sprite, and Diet Coke, we'd always be out of bottled water. I think it's a necessariy evil to make sure that we have every kind of drink available.
    I bought 2 or 3 bottles of water during my most recent trip (2 days). While I brought my own water, I still had to buy more. It was so hot (in January!!!!) so I needed tons of water. I put my complaints aside and just chalked it up to it being Disneyland and everything is so expensive compared to what things cost at Target or other stores.

The fake Ellen voice on the Nemo ride. Aside from the F! camping (which I don't think is silly to drive me crazy - lol), it's the only thing that just gets me. I know, I know, we don't have to ride it. And we don't except maybe once a year. Last time, we were walking by and there was no wait so I looked at my son and said - why not? it can't be as bad as we remember... Oh yes it can. About where she starts the "just keep swimming" routine I want off the ride - but know we're only halfway into it. Aah, live and don't learn!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast