Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Re: Silly Things That Drive You CRAZY!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hillchat View Post
    I bought 2 or 3 bottles of water during my most recent trip (2 days). While I brought my own water, I still had to buy more. It was so hot (in January!!!!) so I needed tons of water. I put my complaints aside and just chalked it up to it being Disneyland and everything is so expensive compared to what things cost at Target or other stores.
    Oh, I forgot that I asked for a cup of ice somewhere in DCA. I poured that into my refillable water bottle that had leftover water.

Oh, I forgot that I asked for a cup of ice somewhere in DCA. I poured that into my refillable water bottle that had leftover water.
    I walk into Redds rockets/rancho del zocalo or boardwalk pizza & get water from machine.

• Meh

Quote Originally Posted by Liva148 View Post
    I noticed that in Aladdin they now have a spiel that tells people to not take pictures with iPads or tablets so as not to block other people. Thought that was a nice addition.
    Oh nice, I haven't been there since this change
    Grim, I lost her once; I'm not gonna lose her again.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Liva148 View Post
    I noticed that in Aladdin they now have a spiel that tells people to not take pictures with iPads or tablets so as not to block other people. Thought that was a nice addition.
    It's sad that they need a spiel for this.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    It's sad that they need a spiel for this.
    A lot of people these days are becoming dumber and more dependent on the dumbest things, like Ipads and reminder spiels. No common sense, no consideration, no respect...Regular cameras and cell phones are bad enough.

• Here's my 2 cents

A lot of people these days are becoming dumber and more dependent on the dumbest things.
    check out a movie called "Idiocracy" by Mike Judge, it's not very good but the point it's making right on.

From IMDB

"Private Joe Bauers, the definition of "average American", is selected by the Pentagon to be the guinea pig for a top-secret hibernation program. Forgotten, he awakes 500 years in the future. He discovers a society so incredibly dumbed-down that he's easily the most intelligent person alive."
    I reject your reality and substitute my own

I started this thread and never posted what drives me nuts! But you guys reminded me; it's the fact that the spiels have to tell parents to watch their kids. Wow. Really? Every time I hear it I'm just amazed that it needs to be said.

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda949 View Post
    I started this thread and never posted what drives me nuts! But you guys reminded me; it's the fact that the spiels have to tell parents to watch their kids. Wow. Really? Every time I hear it I'm just amazed that it needs to be said.
    People complain about the Spanish translation on all of the rides, but I am more annoyed at the parent reminders. It's like parents forgot all of a sudden that they are responsible for their children just because they're at a tourist attraction. The park is a prime place where you have to do your job and be even more aware of what your kid is doing or not doing. The spiels were put in place because people are checking their brains at the gate. I think the next thing will be reminders to keep breathing.

I think it's silly that security will confiscate a babies fork, yet they have forks and knives at many restaurants in the park.

When people (adults) stop in the middle instead of moving off to the side - either talking on their cell, texting, talking to someone they're with.

• Loving all things Disney!

Silly things that drive me crazy? That's a hard one. Nothing comes to mind right off the bat.

Well, except for Electronic Convenience Vehicles (or ECVs). I've probably gotten hit or 'run down' (for lack of a better word) by them more times that I can count. It's like getting hit with a stroller, except these babies not only weigh more, they also pack more of a punch and really hurt!

I still have flashbacks of last time we were at Disneyland (a few months ago). I was walking down Main Street, minding my own business when BAM - I see in my peripheral vision this speeding ECV driven by an elderly man heading straight for me! I literally had to run up a couple of feet to try and dodge this crazy hot rodder! I looked back at my family and luckily they were back far enough to where they weren't in the direct line of danger. The elderly man just kept going about his business, as though he didn't almost take off one of my legs! It's a good thing I can laugh about this little incident today!

I know that this shouldn't bother me, but it still does. So many people rent these out of convenience (so that they don't have to get up and walk like everyone else) instead of necessity.

• Former Churro Jockey

Quote Originally Posted by katy621 View Post
    When people (adults) stop in the middle instead of moving off to the side - either talking on their cell, texting, talking to someone they're with.
    Actually that probably is my #1 pet peeve now that I think about it. The walkways are so congested as it is and you have this one part where people are actually moving and then some family decides to stop and hold everyone else up. When the park is really crowded, walking through the Fantasmic crowds is actually easier in some respects because at least they have guest control to keep people moving.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

Quote Originally Posted by DarthDad View Post
    I think it's silly that security will confiscate a babies fork, yet they have forks and knives at many restaurants in the park.
    Huh? I've taken my son's toddler utensils tons of times and nothing has ever happened. In fact, a CM cleaning the tables at Plaza Inn chased me down once because I accidentally left a toddler fork on the table.

Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    Actually that probably is my #1 pet peeve now that I think about it. The walkways are so congested as it is and you have this one part where people are actually moving and then some family decides to stop and hold everyone else up. When the park is really crowded, walking through the Fantasmic crowds is actually easier in some respects because at least they have guest control to keep people moving.
    Two years ago my husband and I treated my mother-in-law to a day at the parks with us. That woman was so damn oblivious! Not only did she stop and block walkways, she stopped in front of the doorway tram and blocked people from getting off! I told my husband we were NEVER going to the parks with her again. I spent the whole day trying to get her out of peoples way. I felt like I was herding cattle!

Quote Originally Posted by DarthDad View Post
    The easy solution for that is to put the fork in a pants pocket. It does seem rather silly. Their park, their rules though.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast