Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

• Disney Obsessed

Re: Silly Things That Drive You CRAZY!!

Quote Originally Posted by FaireBrat View Post
    I'm curious..do any of you get annoyed when you see a kid on a leash? I've been fantasizing recently about if I worked at DL. I would definitely wanna use the guest pass thingies to take my niece and nephew. However, my nephew is autistic, and he's a runner (meaning you always have to keep an eye on him to make sure he doesn't run off), so I would definitely want to stick a leash on him. But then I think about all the people that would be saying awful things about me because I have a kid on a leash haha
    I think my biggest pet peeve are the people around my age (late teens/early 20s) that are just disrespectful. And the ones that just never stop talking. I almost turned around on pirates the last time I was there to tell a group to PLEASE STFU. Buuuut I just held my tongue and tried to enjoy the ride.
    leashes aren't thhhaaatt new. I had one when I was 5 in 1990... because I just wanted to GO! My dad let me "run" wild in the small world area, that is big and open- but when it came to adventure land I had to hold his hand, even before Indy! My dad thought it was funny because I would go as far as I could and try to pull them along like a horse and he would just stop and watch me struggle to drag them to small world I have home videos of it... good times

The fact that I came up with the idea of a flavored popcorn stand not knowing that it already exists at Crazy Cone at DCA.
    Everyone is entitled to an informed opinion.
    Harlan Ellison

I may not be the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree, but I do shine.

Texan by birth, Californian by choice.

There should be a sticky thread called "This Day in Disney History." The company has a long history and this would be a good way to acknowledge it. Walt was born 112 years ago; that's quite a chunk of American history and culture.

I meant "Cozy Cone."
    Everyone is entitled to an informed opinion.
    Harlan Ellison

I may not be the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree, but I do shine.

Texan by birth, Californian by choice.

There should be a sticky thread called "This Day in Disney History." The company has a long history and this would be a good way to acknowledge it. Walt was born 112 years ago; that's quite a chunk of American history and culture.

When people step on the seat when getting out of a vehicle. I know it can't be avoided in a lot of cases - its just how the vehicles were designed. But it still drives me crazy every time, just imagining all the places that person has stepped during the day, and then having to sit in it! I think the worst culprits are all wet ones: Splash Mountain, Pirates & Its a Small World. Not only is the seat now dirty, its dirty and wet! I make a point to avoid doing it as much as possible, though it can be awkward climbing out sometimes.

I am also one of those people that avoids touching handles & handrails at all costs. I should probably get over it.

The iPads in the park are horrendous! I get red whenever I see one.

Stopping in the middle of a walkway, especially in the area between BLAB and Star Tours.

When people say Grizzly Peak is a wolf, coyote, or some other canine type creature.
    The music celebration puts some motion into my ocean!

The female Spanish voice on the trams drives me crazy. Her overtly affected tone when she says, "gracias" is annoying. It sounds far too disingenuous.

• formerly very helpful

As I think about this question more, the real answer is nothing. Because, if it bothers ME, then it isn't silly!

Quote Originally Posted by katy621 View Post
    When people (adults) stop in the middle instead of moving off to the side - either talking on their cell, texting, talking to someone they're with.
    I'm not as annoyed by the people who stop, I can usually get around them, my pet peeve is the Slow Walkers. I'm not talking about people with health issues or small children, I'm talking about the people who wander aimlessly shoulder to shoulder at a snails pace. I honestly can't figure out how some of them can walk that slowly and still be moving.
    " Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed"
    G.K Chesterson

When people suddenly stop right in front of you in the middle of the path.

Getting hit in the ankles by a stroller behind you.

As mentioned in many of the above posts - when people, who think that they are disneyland experts, start spouting out all manner of false information.

Loud screaming kids who are running around out of control while their parents just sit idly by and allowing it.

Flash photography, cell phone and iPad screens on dark rides.

Loud talking on dark rides.

Parents threatening their kids that they will take them home if they don't behave themselves. Granted, kids should be disciplined for misbehavior, but to threaten to leave the "happiest place on earth" is a cruel way to try to control them.

Cussing and swearing, especially when there are kids around.

Quote Originally Posted by CinderellaGirl View Post
    Just remembered something! And this one REALLY, REALLY irks me!

When ladies will wear riding boots to Disneyland! Riding boots are for riding horses, not strutting down Main Street U.S.A.! It makes me think, "Really? Are you trying to show off?"

The only reason why you should be wearing riding boots in Disneyland, is if you take King Arthur's Carousel wayyyy too seriously...

This doesn't bug me because those are the style right now. What does bug me is ladies, especially young teenagers, wandering the parks in high heels or (worse) stilettos! It's silly that it irritates me so much because it doesn't effect me in any way (My feet will feel fine that night, theirs on the other hand ) but I just don't understand what the heck they were thinking while getting ready for the day. Who are you trying to impress? Do you think this makes you look like an adult? I just don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda949 View Post
    This doesn't bug me because those are the style right now. What does bug me is ladies, especially young teenagers, wandering the parks in high heels or (worse) stilettos! It's silly that it irritates me so much because it doesn't effect me in any way (My feet will feel fine that night, theirs on the other hand ) but I just don't understand what the heck they were thinking while getting ready for the day. Who are you trying to impress? Do you think this makes you look like an adult? I just don't get it.
    I'm with you on the heels thing.

• YAY! SUMMER IS OVER!

Working at Universal Studios it would drive me up the walls when people would ask about Mickey or Princess merch or meet-and-greets.

I also hear people at DIsneyland asking about Anastasia and Thumbelina stuff.

And when people call the Jungle Cruise "Jungle Book".....

Even though there was a song about feeding the birds in Mary Poppins, there is no need to feed the birds at DLR. I watched one lady take the top bun off of her hamburger and throw like a frisbee into the castle pond for the ducks.

Quote Originally Posted by whipland View Post
    even though there was a song about feeding the birds in mary poppins, there is no need to feed the birds at dlr. I watched one lady take the top bun off of her hamburger and throw like a frisbee into the castle pond for the ducks.
    geez! Ha ha!

This bothers me even when I'm not at Disneyland, but when people are too busy looking at their phones and not paying attention where they are walking. Then they get mad at the people they bumped into. DH & had witnessed this quite a few times especially DTD.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast