Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Re: Silly Things That Drive You CRAZY!!

Quote Originally Posted by itsxxdomoxxkun View Post
    Working at Universal Studios it would drive me up the walls when people would ask about Mickey or Princess merch or meet-and-greets.

I also hear people at DIsneyland asking about Anastasia and Thumbelina stuff.
    That kind of stuff makes me want to tear my hair out!

-California Adventureland
    -Dodging big, bulky backpacks as they swing around in line
    -Being stuck in line next to someone eating a turkey leg

I get irritated when people run to the tram after the final boarding announcement has been made. I'm almost certain that there's another tram right behind us or on the right side of the tram station.

It's 10x worse during grad nites.

Quote Originally Posted by Liva148 View Post
    --
    --People who don't know how to navigate crowds. Everybody is walking because it's the safest and easiest way for a large amount of us to get from point A to point B, so you running isn't going to help us at all. Or people who hold hands, link arms, etc. You just create a larger mass for us to move around, and you can't even move your party that quickly in that formation.
    I link arms/hold hands with my husband and daughter. It's not to get around any faster, it's so we do not get separated. My husband walks really fast and my daughter goes slow, so when I don't hang on to both someone easily gets swept away in the crowd. I do try to keep us in a single file line though, to try to make it easier for people to navigate past us.
    * *The dreams that you wish will come true* *

Something that bothers me even though I know it's silly that I allow it to, is when people confuse the castles. Especially people who boast about their Disneyland expertise. I don't think I know more about Disneyland than the average person, so when someone is being arrogant and getting the castle wrong at the same time, it really makes my blood boil.

I also can't stand merchandise or shopping bags that say Disney Parks and don't feature the correct castle. I don't know why but I like feeling like I'm getting unique merchandise that correlates to the specific park I'm experiencing. Even the paper napkins and cups that say Disney Parks irritate me.

This is a personal gripe, but I cannot stand when my daughter says she has to go potty right when we are almost on the ride. If I take her seriously and we get out of line just in case, she usually gets into the bathroom and then says she doesn't have to go anymore. It always stresses me out though because I don't know if I she's telling a lie or not, and I'm scared to gamble and have her pee on the ride.
    * *The dreams that you wish will come true* *

• Greetings, Program!

It doesn't drive me crazy, but hearing some of the on-the-fly monickers placed on park locations by guests does make me give that squinty grin we all get when we hear a bad joke.

Heard this one just last week by an annoyed family just outside of a closed Hungry Bear:

"Looks like the only place to get a cheeseburger now is back in 'Space Town'".
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

• Selfie Expert

Cussing in Disneyland. Especially loudly.

Hate it.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizmo2000 View Post
    It doesn't drive me crazy, but hearing some of the on-the-fly monickers placed on park locations by guests does make me give that squinty grin we all get when we hear a bad joke.

Heard this one just last week by an annoyed family just outside of a closed Hungry Bear:

"Looks like the only place to get a cheeseburger now is back in 'Space Town'".
    I once heard a guy tell another lady that "Steakhouse 55" was an "exclusive club in Disneyland."
    I thought my head was going to explode.

A few things:

1. People who loudly speak the entire Haunted Mansion elevator dialogue in the elevator. Nobody cares that you have it all memorized. It's just annoying. -.-

2. Groups that stop in the middle of crowded areas to talk to each other.

3. When adults pull that rope in the Indy line when there are actual kids next to them trying to get to it but can't, because the older person won't let go. :/

• Greetings, Program!

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda949 View Post
    I once heard a guy tell another lady that "Steakhouse 55" was an "exclusive club in Disneyland."
    I thought my head was going to explode.
    Yeah, numbers confuse people. Especially once you enter politics.

• "Always On The Move..."

Quote Originally Posted by CinderellaGirl View Post
    Just remembered something! And this one REALLY, REALLY irks me!

When ladies will wear riding boots to Disneyland! Riding boots are for riding horses, not strutting down Main Street U.S.A.! It makes me think, "Really? Are you trying to show off?"

The only reason why you should be wearing riding boots in Disneyland, is if you take King Arthur's Carousel wayyyy too seriously...

OK, I kinda take offense to this! I grew up wearing cowboy/riding boots. They are WAAY more comfortable to me than other types of shoes. Even tennis/running shoes. I live in them. Even at work (I teach). If I have to be on my feet all day or have a lot of walking to do they are my "go to" shoe. So you might want to rethink your "irk" on this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by migo View Post
    I poop with joy!
    Best Quote...EVER!!!

Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6

• Greetings, Program!

Quote Originally Posted by AlohaStitch View Post
    OK, I kinda take offense to this! I grew up wearing cowboy/riding boots. They are WAAY more comfortable to me than other types of shoes. Even tennis/running shoes. I live in them. Even at work (I teach). If I have to be on my feet all day or have a lot of walking to do they are my "go to" shoe. So you might want to rethink your "irk" on this one.
    Wow. Or else what?

Quote Originally Posted by sbk1234 View Post
    It drives me nuts that the T-Rex in the train diarama has three fingers, instead of two. Yes, I know this was made a long time ago, and we've learned a lot about dinosaurs since then, but it bugs me.

People who try to sound like bigshots by telling people WRONG information or trivia about the parks. Like the guy who I over heard telling his family that Mr. Toad's Wild Ride was moved here from Florida. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

That really bugs me when I go to Disney.
    OMG I didn't know that (two fingers) now it is going to bug me too....
    I'll be one of those know it all-s, sitting on the train whispering... "did you know....."

;-)

Aside from my usual whine... line jumpers, flash in dark rides (pushing, running), over loud audio...

people who try to make it sound that those of us who love going to Disneyland are missing something....
    I have to be polite about it but I want to say...

like roaming South Coast Plaza, buying $500 purses is..... more fun?

I'll take "Dead men tell no tales...." (and a pirate back pack) any day over a day at the mall

People who worry about places to charge their phones. My phone stays charged for over a week. Maybe some people should look into getting one like mine, it's a Jitterbug.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast