Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Silly Things That Drive You CRAZY!!

I often wonder what silly, ridiculous, minor things drive Disney lovers nuts! I'm talking about those things that you know are unimportant but it just grinds your gears when you see/hear/feel/smell it.
    I have two examples of what I'm talking about:
    1) Back in 2008 my best friend and I were watching the Electrical Parade in DCA. Sitting next to us on the bench was a couple with their two young children. As the float of Elliott and Pete started making it's way toward us the wife asked her husband, "Oh! Is that Puff the Magic Dragon?!" Her husband turned to her with a look, that I could only describe as disgust, and said "No! It's PETE'S Dragon." And then proceeded to give her the stink eye as he turned back to watch the rest of the parade. My friend and I held in our laughter but AS SOON as the parade was over we couldn't hold it in! It was one of the funniest things we'd ever seen in the parks! Obviously, the husband was annoyed!
    2) My husband can't STAND when people say "We're going to Disney". It's just like nails on a chalkboard to him. He knows it's ridiculous and never makes a big deal about it, but he hates it.
    So, lets avoid talk of "line cutters" or people who do the ride spiels. I'd like this to stay light and funny.

Re: Silly Things That Drive You CRAZY!!

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda949 View Post
    2) My husband can't STAND when people say "We're going to Disney". It's just like nails on a chalkboard to him. He knows it's ridiculous and never makes a big deal about it, but he hates it.
    Me too. I specifically say "I'm going to Disneyland" because when I had over to 1313 S. Harbor (or 1313 Disneyland Dr. for M&F) I am going to Disneyland, not DCA or Downtown Disney or some sort of "Disney" thing.

Cell phone readers on the Haunted Mansion. Not only because the light spoils the dark but it's like they were dragged onto it and are saying "You can make me wait in the line but I WILL *NOT* ENJOY THE RIDE!!!"

• formerly very helpful

It drives me nuts that the T-Rex in the train diarama has three fingers, instead of two. Yes, I know this was made a long time ago, and we've learned a lot about dinosaurs since then, but it bugs me.

People who try to sound like bigshots by telling people WRONG information or trivia about the parks. Like the guy who I over heard telling his family that Mr. Toad's Wild Ride was moved here from Florida. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

That really bugs me when I go to Disney.

•   
    • Minion

Drives me nuts hearing people spout off a bunch of facts about the park and Walt that are completely wrong LOL yes i am a snob!!!!!!

• Former Churro Jockey

I've heard so many wrong things about Disneyland that nothing bothers me anymore. I do wish I had kept track of all of the wrong names that people called the Rocket Rods for the 10 days that it was actually open. I always seemed to end up working the popcorn wagon in Tomorrowland (below the berm and in front of the planter, where a churro wagon is today), and I always had two lines going, one small line of people to buy popcorn and one long line of people wanting to ask where the entrance to the Rocket Rods was. Except that no one ever called it the Rocket Rods. They made up whatever name they felt like. The most common one was "Where is the entrance to the Batman ride?", but I do remember a wide variety of different names. Drag Racer and Ninja are the only two other names I remember.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

When little kids, or frankly, adults too, lean heavily on trash cans while in line, treat it like a jungle gym, hanging on it, swinging etc. Logically, I know the exterior is probably no dirtier than any other surface thousands of people touch during the course of the day, but it grosses me out every time.

People who get too close to me drive me nuts. We were on the Mark Twain, on the top. leaning on the railing at the back and a man just leaned over me to get a specific shot with his camera. Whatever happened to "Excuse me, may I stand here for just a second and take a picture?" I'd gladly move rather than have him lean into me.

Also, people who let their smaller children stand in line behind them, but, in front of me and the kids are pushing against me, swinging on the ropes/chains and generally making me uncomfortable. The only time the parent pays attention to them is if they have moved far enough ahead and realize that there's no one behind them. One time a little boy was head-butting (gently) into my stomach and I said "Uh oh, I don't think your mommy wants you touching strangers" and the mother turned around and gave me a dirty look and yelled at the kid to get up there with her. Weird.

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

A classic I remember was when someone told their friend or family member that Pirates of the Caribbean (attraction) was built BECAUSE of the movie. Talk about a face palm moment!

• Foolish Mortal

People that just absolutely, positively MUST get in line in front of you. It goes like this: You are walking up to the queue and then you see them, they see you (about equal distance away from the queue entrance) and then they speed up to get there before you....only to have the stragglers in their group arrive AFTER you.

There was the woman who objected to the Goth kids she kept seeing, saying they were Satan worshippers. She actually dragged her family back to the Main Gate and got a ticket refund. I saw her at Guest Relations when I left DLP for DCA. Her husband and two children were very quiet. I wish I had thought of asking her what she thought of the Haunted Mansion.
    Everyone is entitled to an informed opinion.
    Harlan Ellison

I may not be the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree, but I do shine.

Texan by birth, Californian by choice.

There should be a sticky thread called "This Day in Disney History." The company has a long history and this would be a good way to acknowledge it. Walt was born 112 years ago; that's quite a chunk of American history and culture.

• Im awkward youre gorgeous

this past dapper day I waited in line at Rita's Baja Blenders for 30 minutes for a margarita (yes, I stuck it out the whole time!) Only to be told the people in front of me had gotten the last margaritas and the machine was out!

Oh wait, that wasn't silly and fun, that was downright tragic!!

I think the silliest thing that drives me crazy is waiting for the Frozen Meet & Greet (or Tangled, back in the day) and watching people bypass the line and walk straight to the entrance like "Oh cool you can just walk right up and meet Anna and Elsa!". But I do always giggle a little to myself when the cast member inevitably goes "Ummmm the line is back here and it's a 2 hour wait." What's not funny is when the little kid gets sooooo disappointed because they thought they could just go up and meet them. Breaks my heart!

• former CM

Snobs who don't get what an imaginative & brave artist Walt Disney was, or that a great attraction like The Haunted Mansion was created by at least a couple of geniuses--like Small World's collaboration of Mary Blair and the Sherman Brothers. I hope WDW's dwarf coaster and Universal Orlando's newest Harry Potter land and attraction are as uplifting as Soarin', Disneyland's Dumbo or the Getty Center in Brentwood with its RIDE to the top of the large hill.

So anti-Disney snobs are silly to me, though not "funny silly."

Quote Originally Posted by moregumboplease View Post
    People that just absolutely, positively MUST get in line in front of you. It goes like this: You are walking up to the queue and then you see them, they see you (about equal distance away from the queue entrance) and then they speed up to get there before you....only to have the stragglers in their group arrive AFTER you.
    I am so ashamed to say I used to be one of those people But I'm not anymore! I swear! I find that behavior kinda funny now. And annoying!

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyblue View Post
    People who get too close to me drive me nuts. We were on the Mark Twain, on the top. leaning on the railing at the back and a man just leaned over me to get a specific shot with his camera. Whatever happened to "Excuse me, may I stand here for just a second and take a picture?" I'd gladly move rather than have him lean into me.
    This reminds me of a funny story. While standing in line for "Mr. Toad" my good friend was just waiting, minding her own business, when all of a sudden a Japanese tourist slowly inched her way closer and closer to my friend. Then out of nowhere the tourist put her head on my friends shoulder and took a selfie!! The tourist then just turned around and started talking to her group as if nothing happened! We were all astounded!! Either they thought my friend was famous (She did used to kind of resemble Fergie) or this girl just really, really wanted a picture with an American girl.
    We always joke that there's a photo of my friend floating around somewhere on the other side of the world.

People the put their kid on their shoulders & walk back & forth in front of the castle during fireworks.

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast