Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Disney Obsessed

Re: Scents and smells in the parks

more pirates! I work retail and sometimes clothing comes in feeling cold and damp and has an odor that goes away after a day on the sales floor. Myself, and 2 of my associates (also disneylovers- I hire 'em right ) opened some denim jackets and all freaked out and said at almost the same time, these smell like Pirates! AHAHAHA.

Also food. I love the smell of disney food. Churros! Popcorn! The gibson girl ice cream parlor! yum. And if I smell it, I want to eat it, even if I'm not hungry. I seriously think I put on 20lbs while at DLR. hahaha.

Also Splash, Indy, Soarin, andthe overall Disney air... the combination of all those scents lingers through the park and sometimes, just the right mix of scents in real life smells like Disneyland

OH! Also! Not in Disneyland- but I love the smell of hotel rooms.... odd I know... but I think that slightly stuffy smell always ends up equating to disney vacay to me so I love it!

• Minion

Gingerbread scented "snowflakes" at Christmastime.

• Greetings, Program!

My wife and I always walk up from the parking structure down the path that winds behind downtown disney. Every single time we walk thru a cloud of happy. Seems to come from House of Blues. Whatever it is they are cooking seems to be different everytime but always sooooo damn good to inhale.
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

Quote Originally Posted by CSei2011 View Post
    OH! Also! Not in Disneyland- but I love the smell of hotel rooms.... odd I know... but I think that slightly stuffy smell always ends up equating to disney vacay to me so I love it!
    I love that hotel room smell too! Along with the slightly stuff smell, there's that certain cleaning product smell that must be a hospitality industry exclusive.

Quote Originally Posted by Werner View Post
    I love that hotel room smell too! Along with the slightly stuff smell, there's that certain cleaning product smell that must be a hospitality industry exclusive.
    Oh -- just remembered -- speaking of hotel smells, I remember once staying at the Alpine Inn and how the scent of pancake syrup was almost overwhelming. Kind of a weird smell for a hotel.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE that everyone here points out the smell of POTC! I find it amazing that a smell most people would find repulsive in everyday life, find it inviting and pleasant in DLR. I love that smell and whenever I smell something similar I become so homesick.
    I also love the smell of Christmas time in the parks, Soarin' Over California, and Gibson Girl. Really, just about every spot in the park has a good smell somewhere.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda949 View Post
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE that everyone here points out the smell of POTC! I find it amazing that a smell most people would find repulsive in everyday life, find it inviting and pleasant in DLR. I love that smell and whenever I smell something similar I become so homesick.
    Really does say a lot about the associations we have with certain scents - yup, love the smell of POTC, too, because it's Pirates ... yaaaay! ... although, if my living room smelled like it I would think there was something wrong!

• Disney Obsessed

Quote Originally Posted by Werner View Post
    YES! Oh I am so so glad someone else GETS IT! Love that smell!

Quote Originally Posted by CSei2011 View Post
    YES! Oh I am so so glad someone else GETS IT! Love that smell!
    If only there were a "room spray" or candle with the "stuffy hotel smell"....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123