Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Future Disney Technician

Where were you at Disneyland when the earthquake hit?

I was about to board tower of terror when the earthquake hit...I was in the line where they tell you which number to stand on (in the basement). That weird spiral staircase started shaking back and forth like it was made out of rubber. There wasn't panic, but everyone knew exactly what was happening...it was an earthquake. My girlfriend held my arm, as we all started looking at each other, and we were all hoping the shaking wouldn't get any stronger. Once it stopped, everyone was quiet. The cast members asked us nicely to leave through the middle elevator entrance, which also acts as a main exit for when they need people to leave if the ride breaks down. The cast members were calm throughout the whole thing, as well as all the guests who were evacuating. There were at least 3 security guards outside making sure we were all okay. Dozens of cast members fled the streets of hollywood backlot, asking us to walk toward the exit of the park. I noticed that everyone around me had a sense of relief as they were walking out, even the tourists and first time visitors. I felt really safe throughout the whole thing.

• former CM

Where were you AT DISNEYLAND when the earthquake hit?

I'm glad the CMs were professional. This is bleak, but if I died in a great natural disaster at a Disney park, I'd want it to be at the end of the cemetery scene in the Haunted Mansion. It's be like Bing Crosby dying on a golf course or David Carradine. . .

Why are you starting a thread for this when there's already an earthquake thread?
    If they aren't merged, I predict a few folks chime in, "I was [location far from the epicenter]. . . and didn't feel it."
    Last edited by jcruise86; 03-29-2014 at 03:22 PM.

Re: Where were you when the earthquake hit?

We were paying for drinks at Mad T Party. I got a Mad Long Island and Mad Hat-ito. The quake occurred, we got the drinks, sat nearby and watched as people evacuated the area. We were then told we had to leave as well. We were the last ones able to get drinks.

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by Great Movie Rider View Post
    We were paying for drinks at Mad T Party. I got a Mad Long Island and Mad Hat-ito. The quake occurred, we got the drinks, sat nearby and watched as people evacuated the area. We were then told we had to leave as well. We were the last ones able to get drinks.
    So you got your (strong? I used to bartend and know what goes into a Long Island.) drink and got to watch something interesting.
    Last edited by jcruise86; 03-29-2014 at 03:21 PM.

Re: Where were you AT DISNEYLAND when the earthquake hit?

Quote Originally Posted by jcruise86 View Post
    I'm glad the CMs were professional.

Why are you starting a thread for this when there's already an earthquake thread?
    If they aren't merged, I predict a few folks chime in, "I was [location far from the epicenter]. . . and didn't feel it."
    The other earthquake topic isn't really about where you were as it happened...I figured it would be okay to start one focused on where people were when it happened.

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by wiiwillrockyouca View Post
    The other earthquake topic isn't really about where you were as it happened...I figured it would be okay to start one focused on where people were when it happened.
    OK. I do like the posts so far. I added "AT DISNEYLAND" to the thread title above my posts to help screen out those who weren't at Disneyland or who felt nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by wiiwillrockyouca View Post
    I was about to board tower of terror when the earthquake hit...I was in the line where they tell you which number to stand on (in the basement). That weird spiral staircase started shaking back and forth like it was made out of rubber. There wasn't panic, but everyone knew exactly what was happening...it was an earthquake. My girlfriend held my arm, as we all started looking at each other, and we were all hoping the shaking wouldn't get any stronger. Once it stopped, everyone was quiet. The cast members asked us nicely to leave through the middle elevator entrance, which also acts as a main exit for when they need people to leave if the ride breaks down. The cast members were calm throughout the whole thing, as well as all the guests who were evacuating. There were at least 3 security guards outside making sure we were all okay. Dozens of cast members fled the streets of hollywood backlot, asking us to walk toward the exit of the park. I noticed that everyone around me had a sense of relief as they were walking out, even the tourists and first time visitors. I felt really safe throughout the whole thing.
    Interesting, so at least for DCA they actually directed everyone to exit the park after the first quake?

Quote Originally Posted by Steveman View Post
    Interesting, so at least for DCA they actually directed everyone to exit the park after the first quake?
    Me, my GF, and her friends were all sitting down on the sidewalk across from Hyperion Theater. About 5 minutes after sitting down, a security guard came over and told us nicely to start walking down the street towards the exit of the park.

I just entered the Star Tours building when the whole place started shaking. It was quite scary seeing everything moving and some of the lights flickering. The girl that works Star Tours handled it well though and told everyone to exit the building.

I was driving home from the park and just gotten on the 5. My car started rocking back in forth. I was scared that my steering was failing or my wheel was going to come off. My passengers shrugged it off since I tend to wiggle the car a bit to mess with them.
    In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

• Minion

On Star Tours for the big one at 9:09. Full story is in the other thread.
    Earthquake

• The Tomorrowland One

Re: Where were you at Disneyland when the earthquake hit?

On board the Columbia. That was interesting, feeling an earthquake on a boat. Guess the track was moving enough to kick the boat around.

• Senior Monorail Minion

Not sure, but we have a big mouse in town ;)

Wine Country Trattoria... With a parade light flailing back and forth as well as a precariously perched patio heater
    WELCOME ABOARD
    THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!

• Your cadaverous pallor

Quote Originally Posted by Autopia View Post
    On board the Columbia. That was interesting, feeling an earthquake on a boat. Guess the track was moving enough to kick the boat around.
    I don't live in So cal i live in Nor cal but this was on friday at 9:09pm right so you where in fantasmic? or was it not showing? that night

Quote Originally Posted by Pinrar View Post
    I was driving home from the park and just gotten on the 5. My car started rocking back in forth. I was scared that my steering was failing or my wheel was going to come off. My passengers shrugged it off since I tend to wiggle the car a bit to mess with them.
    Was in the structure Dasiy level just turning left. The car rocked Felt the same or fuel pump was failing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast