Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• formerly very helpful

What's on your "Must Do" list?

There's no way to do EVERYTHING at DIsneyland in just one day, or even two. So we pick and choose what's important to us. Sometimes the choice is made for us when an attraction is closed for refurbishing, or shuts down unexpectedly during the day and you can't get back to it for whatever reason. With some attractions, it's not a big deal. Other attractions are a very big deal and truly impact my level of fun for the visit.

What are your must do attractions? The ones that really have an impact on your overall visit? If you don't go on them, it's just not a real trip to Disneyland?

For me, I really feel like I've been incomplete if I don't go on Pirates of the Carribean, and Haunted Mansion. I love many other attractions, as well, but these are the two "non-negotiables" that I have to go on. ANd I don't mean the Nightbare Before Christmas overlay, either. The classic attraction. So for 4 months every year, I can't have a complete trip to Disneyland.

True, there are times when I can't go on one or both of these, but I really feel the difference when it happens.

How about you?

Re: What's on your "Must Do" list?

My musts are Haunted Mansion, Pirates of the Caribbean, Matterhorn (but probably not again for a while....darn bobsleds!), It's A Small World, Indiana Jones, and Enchanted Tiki Room.

• Indiana Scott

I have a formula in which we will only go to the park for one of our five day trips if there are no more than 1 or depending on what it is, maybe 2 E ticket rides are down. We also wont go if HM, BTMRR, Pirates or JC is down.
    I can put up with scrims and construction but too many rides down kills the fun.

• Former Churro Jockey

I always have to visit my favorite part of the park -- New Orleans Square. I don't necessarily have to go on Pirates or Mansion, but I have to at least stop by for a few minutes and soak up the atmosphere. I probably eat at the French Market more often then any other restaurant the park, and I love watching any of the bands play (Side Street Strutters are the best, but I haven't seen them there in a few years). I so miss the guy playing the sax on Royal St who passed away a few years ago. I miss Le Petit Patissere, but I did finally take the Royal St Verandah's advice and tried their gumbo last year and man have I been missing out! I think I'll be eating there a lot more often in the future.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

•   
    • Minion

For me if i lived within walking distance I would go every Friday night and get popcorn and hang out in NOS and go on HM and POTC. That is truly all I need. Close second is Tiki Room Star Tours and Indy.

For me POTC and HM and NOS in general at DLR are the best Disney attractions in all the parks. Just my opinion of course and I have only been to 3 resorts of the 5 (DLR, WDW, HKDL)

• Here's my 2 cents

Quote Originally Posted by sbk1234 View Post
    There's no way to do EVERYTHING at DIsneyland in just one day, or even two. So we pick and choose what's important to us.
    Yes it is possible to do everything at Disneyland in one day. At least the 55 attractions listed as part of the Gumball Rally from 2011. A father/daughter team from San Diego did it in 11 hours.

Anyway......since I'm a local and don't try to maximize my visit every time, I still need to ride the DLRR for the Grand Circle Tour and then exit at NOS and ride the Mark Twain every visit. Sometimes that's the only thing I do.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

What I like about my days at Disneyland is that they are all different. Sure, I have my favorites. I even have certain routines, but there's always something I have yet to experience and explore.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

The Disneyland Railroad

Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln

Circlevision

Peoplemover

Space Mountain

Skyway to Fantasyland

Matterhorn Bobsleds

Peter Pan Flight

It's a Small World

Big Thunder Mt Railroad

Mark Twain at night

Country Bear Jamboree

Splash Mountain

Pirates of the Caribbean

Swiss Family Treehouse

Jungle Cruise

Enchanted Tiki Room

Tahitian Terrace
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

One of ours used to be breakfast at Flo's.

• Here's my 2 cents

Quote Originally Posted by Low Saturn View Post
    One of ours used to be breakfast at Flo's.
    Had breakfast at Flo's on the last day of service, the breakfast tamale WAS delicious!
    I reject your reality and substitute my own

• Meh

Let's see, it depends on who I'm with when I go, but the things I definitely like to do if I got my way: Pirates, Star Tours, Haunted Mansion, and Jungle Cruise!
    Grim, I lost her once; I'm not gonna lose her again.

• -

For me going roughly once a month is enough where missing a ride or two doesn't really bother me. I don't think that there is any deal breaker if I miss it. However, I would be sad if I didn't have a bread bowl of the tomato bisque from the place in the Pacific Warf area.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

It feels like something is missing from the trip if I am unable to go on the following:
    Splash Mountain
    Space Mountain
    Haunted Mansion
    Pirates of the Caribbean

1. Pirates of the Caribbean
    2. Space Mountain
    3. Haunted Mansion
    4. Disneyland Railroad Circle Tour

• formerly very helpful

Quote Originally Posted by tomrules1955 View Post
    Yes it is possible to do everything at Disneyland in one day. At least the 55 attractions listed as part of the Gumball Rally from 2011. A father/daughter team from San Diego did it in 11 hours.

Anyway......since I'm a local and don't try to maximize my visit every time, I still need to ride the DLRR for the Grand Circle Tour and then exit at NOS and ride the Mark Twain every visit. Sometimes that's the only thing I do.
    Actually, I didn't say "attractions." I said "everything." With that, I'm talking attractions, shops, restaurants, benches, literally everything, since I find Disneyland to be much more than simply the attractions.

that said, for example, another on my list would be hearing the sound of a steam whistle. That sound, even if I don't actually go on any ride its attached to, is necessary to my Disneyland experience.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast