Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: How much does your day/trip cost you on average?

I usually spend around $40-$60 which is used for food mostly and for souvenirs. It just depends on where you want to eat and buy

Quote Originally Posted by DarthShoppingMaul View Post
    They made a killing off of us when we were thirsty. I don't remember how much exactly we spent on them, but it was well over $100 for 5 days for 2 adults and a child. A bottle of coke, a juice, a slushy, and it all adds up quite quickly. This made us thankful that the Plaza Inn had refillable sodas.
    Whaaat! That much?! How much is just a bottle of water there? My travel agent said we should really pack out own drinks to cut that cost down

Quote Originally Posted by visitingdisney View Post
    Whaaat! That much?! How much is just a bottle of water there? My travel agent said we should really pack out own drinks to cut that cost down
    Somewhere around $2.50 for an average sized Dasani. I reluctantly bought a few on my last trip.

Drinks are expensive, just like anywhere else. I've always found the tap water to be drinkable, especially if it's cold. And that they'll do for free, as opposed to paying for sodas.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

We usually go with a group of 7 or 8.

Hotel: ~$2300 for 12 nights
    Tickets: Free (CM) / rest of family are AP holders
    Food: ~$220 for 3 meals every day because we eat at places with around $10 meals. Broccoli cheese soup, mozzarella sticks, macaroni and cheese will all satisfy. We will most likely never eat at the Blue Bayou or some place that expensive again. A $330 bill isn't much fun.
    Souvenirs: I'll just say...$500 for the whole group. We mainly buy pins and clothing. Even $500 seems a bit much honestly because not everyone buys something.
    Driving: $550 there/back for gas/food
    OR
    Airfare: $170/pp = $1020

So...the total for each person everyday is:
    $62
    OR
    $67
    OR in total: $536 for the whole group everyday

Whaaat! That much?! How much is just a bottle of water there? My travel agent said we should really pack our own drinks to cut that cost down
    I bring a water bottle. There are many restaurants that will let you fill up.

We bring in 2 sodas a day for DH & get a cup of ice @ restaurants.

I was not on any type of budget and favoured convenience over having to pack alot of extras to carry around with us so we just bought drinks when we needed them.

Bottled Dasani water is about $3 with tax.

A large soda pop from a restaurant is around $4 after tax.

If you were to buy a bottled soda at a food cart, it's also in the $3.50 to $4 range as well. I bought one of those vitamin water drinks to try at a cart in Tomorrowland and it was at least $4. The cheapest option was a tetra pack drink box at $1.79 before tax.

So, if every sit down rest break consists of 2 sodas and maybe a bottle of water, it's almost $11. Do this 2 times a day and you are at around $22 for 3 people. It certainly adds up quickly especially when you spend 5 days in DL and DCA.

In addition to drink breaks, we would also have 2 meals in the park, and more drinks to go with it, which are not included in the first $22 calculation.

Drinks at Universal, however, were a bit cheaper since they had a refillable cup option that can be used throughout the park. It was about $17 for the refillable 32oz Minion cup, and each refill was 99 cents. Our family of 3 shared 1 cup and managed 5 refills for the entire day.

Don't forget that Disneyland honours the $260 value of the 3 day hopper ticket on the city pass, so if you can and want to stretch your Disney days you can add one for $25 and two for $40 (just do it at the ticket booths before the Disney part expires). Or if you know you'll come back in the next year do what I do and get a Deluxe AP for $239... Then everything get cheaper in the park anyways with the helping hand of AP discounts. Similarly you can add front of line to Universal if you feel the need.

If I am aiming to go cheap, then I will eat outside the park (breakfast at McDonald's, Lunch/Dinner at Pizza Press or Mini's Cafe) then you can save a ton. I don't need anything when it comes to shopping. On the "budget conscious" side, I could eat in the park with meals around $15 per meal. If I splurge, then it's eating at Ariel's grotto ($50), Carnation Cafe and maybe Blue Bayou or Carthay Circle... that's a lot of money (spread several days). I like to have 1 nice meal per day.

Shopping splurges is budged at $100 for the whole trip, for a T-shirt or 2, last time I got a purse (the $40 range, not the crazy purse for $250) time before I got a dress ($50).

• Disney Renaissance FTW!!

Me and my family get the Southern California annual passes, and we go maybe every two or three weeks. Usually, we try not to spend as much money as possible, but sometimes we'll get a meal to eat, usually at Village Haus or Hungry Bear. Last time we got some sundaes from the new Chocolate shop at California Adventure and spent $50 there. It was delicious! But we won't spend that much money every trip.

• And Dad was my hero.

It can vary greatly from trip to trip.

If we stay with family in Irvine, it's about $75 (if we bring in our own snacks)-$150 (full BL&D/day for just food and souvenirs for a family of 3.

Or if we go and stay in a nice on or offsite hotel, it cost upwards of $400-$500/day.

It's definitely nice to stay with family but not always what we do, if their kids are not coming and/or we just feel like doing it up, the whole way. I guess if you include gas then then adds $80 to the total.

We usually stay for 3 days, so anywhere between $300-1500 depending on the trip.

This is not including admission, of course we always get an AP if we plan on going that year, but then the per trip cost is highly variable on how many times we decide to go.

We're planning a 6 night (5 days in the parks) visit to DL for next May and I ** JUST ** finished pricing out the whole thing (since we want to save up for it).

If we stay at Hojo's in a standard 2-queen room for all 6 nights, total cost of the trip for 2 adults, 2 kids (ages 9&U) is $3,064.00 If we stay at the PPH for 2 nights and GCH for 4 nights (both standard view), total trip goes up to $4404.00.

This does not include cost of gas for the car ride out there from Arizona, which we would spend anyway because we have relatives who live in the San Diego area, so usually we spend a night or 2 w/them first and then go to DL.

This budget includes the following breakdown:
    5-day park hoppers purchase through my local AAA office - $1098.00
    park food for 5 days - $625.00
    souvenirs - $400.00 (on the high side, but DH has a tendency to buy a lot of stuff when we're on vacation)
    anniversary dinner - $200.00 (we'll be celebrating a milestone anniversary that trip)
    6 nights' hotel - $1014.00 at Hojo's or on the high end $3112.00 for 6 nights at the GCH in a deluxe view room.

We're not interested in staying in a hotel that requires us to drive to the DL parking lot/garage. Want to be w/in walking distance. Not included this is a character meal (which DH will want to do) or a meal at the Blue Bayou (which my family really enjoyed last time...my kids thought that Princess Tiana was in the kitchen cooking their lunch!).

Grab breakfast outside the park but not right across the street from the entrance. Eat lunch in the park like a soup bowl by Pirates and head to Downtown Disney for dinner or eat on the way to your hotel. Good and cheap in the parks would be turkey legs anywhere, Pacific Wharf Café in California Adventure or Hungry Bear's Barbeque in Critter Country, Disneyland

A 4 day trip for my boyfriend and I usually costs about $600-$800 for hotel and food--depending on if we go to a "fancy" dinner or not. But we have annual passes, so we don't pay park entrance fees up front and a pretty big portion of our money goes to the Carthay Lounge---best drinks ever!

Quote Originally Posted by stev777 View Post
    Don't forget that Disneyland honours the $260 value of the 3 day hopper ticket on the city pass, so if you can and want to stretch your Disney days you can add one for $25 and two for $40 (just do it at the ticket booths before the Disney part expires). Or if you know you'll come back in the next year do what I do and get a Deluxe AP for $239... Then everything get cheaper in the park anyways with the helping hand of AP discounts. Similarly you can add front of line to Universal if you feel the need.
    With the city pass you can pay an extra $25 and get an extra day?! really?!
    Do you know how much the front of the line universal pass is?
    That's awesome!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast