Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

MyMagic + coming?

When do you expect MyMagic+ to come to Disneyland now that they fully implemented the system at Magic Kingdom?
    MyMagic+ Now Available to Walt Disney World Resort Hotel and Day Guests « Disney Parks Blog

• I'm not really here

Re: MyMagic + coming?

Within 3-5 years.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• DLR Enthusiast

Hard to tell until they get all the bugs worked out. Seems like if it's wildly successful, they could push it forward quickly. Utter failure and it may never make it out west.
    -Brian - Find me on Facebook

If they work out the ability to add FPs after you use the first 3 and work out park hopping I wouldnt mind it. They would also need to get some wifi in the park, because wireless data coverage is inconsistent, and the app would be difficult to use.

•   
    • Minion

...hopefully never.
    Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

• MaliBOOMer

I really hope it never comes. Only 3 FP's per day is really lame. It's hard to beat the FP system they have now. Fastpass+ will make things a lot less fun. I definitely won't visit as much. My family is going to Universal Studios Orlando this summer. They were thinking we should go to Disney World for a few days too. (Went in 2011) Once I told them about Fastpass+ we decided not to go to Disney World ever again.
    Favorite Ride: Indiana Jones Adventure

Sign the Petition: https://www.change.org/petitions/goo...-original-form

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

What are the percentages of day guests to overnight guests at Disneyland? I believe it is no where near the same. People that visit Disneyland have always had a more spontaneous vacation. WDW requires way more planning. If it ever shows up, hopefully, it is not an exact replica.

100% Never. WDW caters to a different market than DL.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Indy Fan 1 View Post
    100% Never. WDW caters to a different market than DL.
    You said that so much better than I did.

Quote Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
    I really hope it never comes. Only 3 FP's per day is really lame. It's hard to beat the FP system they have now. Fastpass+ will make things a lot less fun. I definitely won't visit as much. My family is going to Universal Studios Orlando this summer. They were thinking we should go to Disney World for a few days too. (Went in 2011) Once I told them about Fastpass+ we decided not to go to Disney World ever again.
    The news was released today that in the coming weeks, they'll introduce park hopping and the ability to hold 1 Fastpass after the first three are used. So essentially it's like the old ticket system except with a few changes.

I think they're going to wait till they get WDW's system going 100%. If they can get all the problems with the current system worked out there then they'll roll it out in California.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• Disneyland History Lover

As nice as the positive aspects of MyMagic+ might be (if there are any such attributes), I'd be OK with them taking their sweet time to bring it over. As it stands, I'm quite happy with the way things are, but I doubt Disney is putting the brakes on this at this stage of the game. They'll implement the changes within a few years, I'd imagine, once all the kinks are worked out.

• Meh

Never ever everrrr!
    Grim, I lost her once; I'm not gonna lose her again.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I remember reading about the turnstiles being removed at Disney World's Magic Kingdom.

I can't imagine no turnstiles at Disneyland. That vision is not acceptable to my brain.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

They'll need to build the system around APs, which is a monumental task. The ideal situation is the kid/roommate is allowed to browse available Fastpasses on their smartphone once the parent/other roommates swipes their Annual Pass Magic Band at the parking booth at Mickey and Friends or Toy Story. If everyone's annual pass in the car is paid in full for that month/year, they can start booking Fastpasses while they're on the bus/tram. For Monday through Thursday, you can book 3 Fastpasses in advance for the whole resort. For Friday it would be 2 until 4 p.m. and 1 after. Saturday and Sunday would be 2 until 1 p.m. and 1 after. Parties can link their Magic Bands together for Fastpass+ on their smartphones during the car ride over.

Creative Costuming/the head rooms link their costume database to TDA so the MyMagic App can project estimates on when costumed characters will be out in real-time. TDA can also monitor the CDS activity log in real-time to update the MyMagic App for character times and locations. Couple this with RFID portal scanners in Entertainment's separate break rooms and an AP will know in real-time when Sofia, Frozone, Dug, Captain Hook, or Donald Duck will be out.(Their costumes already have RFID tags for quick check-out.) Yes, I'm advocating for persistent tracking of all Entertainment costumes. If they want access to their better break area, they'll have to scan the costume to open the door.

Pressure sensors embedded in restaurant queues coupled with hourly transactions data will allow TDA to update the MyMagic app to present QSR waits in real-time. Tiny RFID scanners can be sprinkled along the parade route which in conjunction with tiny RFID tags embedded on the bottom of each float will allow an AP to estimate the current location of their favorite float. If a steam train is within 2 minutes of a station within a 2 minute walk for an AP, APs will receive an "are you sure you want to walk?" alert on their smartphone. Other alerts can be if the single rider line runs out an attraction, the CM at grouper can immediately push a button to alert Greeter and the folks at TDA updating the MyMagic App. If an AP notices multiple "Single Rider empty" alerts in an hour, they're more likely to take advantage of no line.

APs can also give real-time feedback for certain performers like the Genie in Aladdin. An alert of "Hey, how funny was Genie this time? We want him to stay funny so your feedback matters," can be sent to a MyMagic App linked to a Magic Band that viewed the show. Once a separate, longer range radio frequency is safely incorporated into Magic Bands 2.0, APs can finally give feedback on which Dapper Dans, News Boys, Dimes, and Band of Scallywags can sing/play on-key and which need to be transferred to 3rd shift custodial.

Once they add Fastpass to Toy Story an alert can go out, "General Green noticed you've received the same prize the past 7 times you competed in Midway Mania. Would you like a hint on how you can receive a different prize?" Or at Radiator Springs Racers the computer can detect a vehicle where nobody inside ever won their race and another vehicle where everyone won at least once. Which race outcome do you think will generate the most magic? And if you don't want the Magic Band to handicap your race, simply leave it with whoever is watching the kid not tall enough to ride. When they finally add the random drop profiles to Tower of Terror, the ride system will scan each Magic Band and give a drop profile that most of the elevator rarely sees or has never seen. The same idea can be applied to the Star Tours sequences and the Indiana Jones chambers. I like how often I get Naboo but I have a serious Admiral Ackbar deficit. From an operations standpoints, repeat Annual Passholders at E-tickets generate longer lines and worse experiences for the more lucrative tourists.

Personally, I'd love a system where if a Magic Band is consistently part of an attraction's "green" hour, that guest gets a free churro/arcade tokens. (Fastpass machines already give out free arcade tokens for every 1-2k Fastpasses.) The idea is to reward cooperative Annual Passholders for helping us stay "green".

Yes, MyMagic doesn't have any application for the resort and its large population of Annual Passholders It's just a scheme to track tourists and get them to stop stealing soda at a poorly maintained tourist trap!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast