Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

• #bringevilback

Re: Question about Disability Access Service Card

Quote Originally Posted by Malina View Post
    What CassieRN said is what I meant, yes. I don't need a DAS, but when I go to the park and I have to wonder if I am going to be accommodated at the rides with stairs or I am going to face a debate with the CMs, it makes things very stressful. Plus, it really slows down lines when I have to stand there and do a whole song and dance with the CMs. So I think that if Dinsey handed out a simple card that said "no stairs," with the graphic that used to appear on the GAC. Simple
    No more debates. And if Disney wants to take my name and photo I've no issue with that.
    Yep, it would easily fit all of that on a card the same size as the ticket/AP.

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by CassiefRN View Post
    Yep, it would easily fit all of that on a card the same size as the ticket/AP.
    I agree. If they had, say, the person's name, photo, a bar code/reference number and a big "no stairs" graphic, it wouldn't take up much space at all. And they could make it a different (bright) color from the DAS to allow for immediate recognition at both the lines and the kiosks.

One other thing I thought of, with the current system, that I don't like: it means having to explain yourself in front of other guests. I mentioned in another thread, a while back, that I had an incident where I was telling a CM why I needed to sit in the back row at the Animation Academy (where there aren't any steps) and another guest overheard and proceeded to make nasty comments. With a "no stairs flashpass" I could just quietly show my card and be directed to the appropriate area or line without saying something out loud.
    Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

I'm actually a little bit surprised they got rid of the "no stairs" and "please sit in the front" stamps that they had on the old GAC cards. I guess it makes sense since why would you wait in line a half hour at City Hall or Chamber of Commerce every visit just to get a "no stairs" stamp/pass. CMs, at least at DCA, usually do a decent job at accommodating guests that need to skip stairs. In fact, almost every time I cross off a DAS card time when working at an attraction with stairs I ask, "Can you/the person this DAS card is for go up and down stairs?"

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by nerdycm View Post
    I'm actually a little bit surprised they got rid of the "no stairs" and "please sit in the front" stamps that they had on the old GAC cards. I guess it makes sense since why would you wait in line a half hour at City Hall or Chamber of Commerce every visit just to get a "no stairs" stamp/pass. CMs, at least at DCA, usually do a decent job at accommodating guests that need to skip stairs. In fact, almost every time I cross off a DAS card time when working at an attraction with stairs I ask, "Can you/the person this DAS card is for go up and down stairs?"
    Thank you for asking that. It's awesome that you do.

I honestly didn't mind waiting for a GAC when they had the old system - I figured that I wasn't going to be able to go on any rides with stairs without it, so it was worth waiting. I was lucky never to really encounter long lines at CoC/City Hall. And up until the end when the cards had very short expiration dates, since I had a physical issue that wasn't going away, they usually gave me a GAC that was good for a while, so I didn't have to return to City Hall on every single visit. That really helped.
    Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234