Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Re: Barbaraann's Magical May/June Vacation:

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    The Disneyland Calendar is starting to show my dates. It looks like there will be fireworks, and Fantasmic for each night of my trip. However, I thought Thursday was an early entry day. I thought they were Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. The Thursday entry says, no early entry that day. Curious. Of course, I'll be rechecking this calendar many times before my vacation arrives.
    Yeah... the EE hours seem to be the last things added to the calendar. Check within the final 3 weeks or so or your dates and you should see everything.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I have a five day parkhopper, so I should be able to get in early one of those days. The calendar is showing that the hours, most days are 8 a.m. until midnight. That means my early entry can be a super early time of 7 a.m.

May 11 - 16, 2015

• Minion

Yaaay!!! Getting close!

Btw, did you tell us where you are staying? Did I miss it somewhere?
    I recall you mentioning an early morning (Magic Morning hours?), which I guess would mean you're staying on site at the DLR?

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

No, I am not staying onsite. My 5 day parkhopper comes with one Magic Morning. That's what I mean by early entry.

I am actually staying at a place called Dolphin's Cove. It is a Timeshare through Wyndham. My husband and I own Wyndham points, and purchased them initially so we could vacation in Wisconsin Dells with our grandson. It is an added bonus, that I am always able to book days at Dolphin's Cove, and go to Disneyland. I leave the husband home for that week. He is not a themepark fan at all. My husband always encourages me to use our points and spend a week in Anaheim. Initially we vacationed in the Dells during the peak Summer Season. Now, he and I go to the Dells in the Fall, so I have mega points left over now, and naturally, I said, "Disneyland Here I come!"

My grandson is now 21, so he has opted out of our Dells vacations. However, sometimes I use the points to stay at Wynham's Bonnet Creek, which is right smack dab in the middle of Disney World. I have taken my grandson there. Although, going to Disney World, I'd rather stay at a WDW hotel. It is so much easier since I don't drive. If I stay at Bonnet Creek, I always need to vacation with someone who drives, and then I am not able to always do what I want. Traveling in a group is so much different for me. I prefer my themepark solo visits.
    Last edited by Barbaraann; 05-02-2014 at 02:24 PM.

May 11 - 16, 2015

I think it's a Wyndham but if you're ever able to stay at inn at the park in San Diego we like it.

We bought our dl tickets today!!!!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I don't drive. I need a hotel close to the park. Or one that is serviced by the ART buses.

I have a 5 day parkhopper only for my vacation coming up. I need to decide which day not to go to the park. I was thinking Monday, because it's in the middle of my days. However, now I think Saturday would be a better choice not to go to the parks. I arrive on a Thursday, and leave the following Thursday.

May 11 - 16, 2015

I don't drive. I need a hotel close to the park. Or one that is serviced by the ART buses.

I have a 5 day parkhopper only for my vacation coming up. I need to decide which day not to go to the park. I was thinking Monday, because it's in the middle of my days. However, now I think Saturday would be a better choice not to go to the parks. I arrive on a Thursday, and leave the following Thursday.
    I meant San Diego for a future trip if it is indeed Wyndham! Even your DH might like it!

My guess would be sat would be more crowded than mon. However, which one, if any, is a grad night?

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I'm not worried about Grad nights. I have been there at this time before and the kids don't bother me.

I can't get my husband on a plane. There are a lot of nice locations for the Wyndham hotels, but for now, it's the Dells, Disneyland, and Disney World. Maybe when my husband retires.

May 11 - 16, 2015

I'm not worried about Grad nights. I have been there at this time before and the kids don't bother me.

I can't get my husband on a plane. There are a lot of nice locations for the Wyndham hotels, but for now, it's the Dells, Disneyland, and Disney World. Maybe when my husband retires.
    Oh, I didn't know it was plane too! Hope we spot you taking pix in Disneyland.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I need to make arrangements for a shuttle from LAX to my hotel. I will pay better attention next time, so I can fly into the John Wayne Airport. It is so much closer to Disneyland.

May 11 - 16, 2015

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I keep having this very weird dream about my vacation. I am there at Disneyland, but I am not alone. Instead I am constantly interrupted by almost everyone I know. We end up doing all the things that I don't really want to do, and I take absolutely "NO PICTURES". That's no dream. That's a nightmare.

May 11 - 16, 2015

• formerly very helpful

I need to make arrangements for a shuttle from LAX to my hotel. I will pay better attention next time, so I can fly into the John Wayne Airport. It is so much closer to Disneyland.
    If you're flying in, John Wayne is tons better than LAX for Disneyland. If it wasn't so far from my home, I'd do all of my flying out of there.
    You shouldn't have too much trouble getting a shuttle from LAX, since a huge hunk of people fly into LAX for Disneyland.
    One idea that is probably really expensive is to get a commuter flight from LAX to John Wayne. It's a short flight and a very small plane. I've done that once when I was rerouted due to cancelled flights, so I didn't have to pay, so I don't know the cost.
    But it's an idea.

We've taken super shuttle with success. On anaheimoc.or there is a discount for prime shuttle I think.

I hope you have a fabulous time Barbaraann and look forward to seeing your photos and reading your trip report on your return

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I am down to three weeks now, and I am really starting to get excited. Today I did some clothes shopping, so some of my purchases for sure will end up in the suitcase. I don't buy too many souvenirs, but sometimes I do come home with a new hat. I have stocked up on Lithium batteries, which is what I use in my small Nikon camera. So glad I bought a new camera about a year ago. The old one used batteries that I had to charge in a charger. That was a real pain, and too much to pack.

It's 90 in Chicago today. Did we beat Anaheim?

May 11 - 16, 2015

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast