Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Fp+

• Former Churro Jockey

Re: Fp+

Well, I'm still going to reserve judgement until I actually try it myself, but the more I learn about it, the more I like it. I think as an AP it would be the perfect thing for me personally since I never go one more than 3 rides on a single visit anyway. That doesn't mean that I'll pre-reserve fastpasses every time, but right now I usually just pick whichever rides have the shortest wait times, and that tends to be the same rides every time (Pirates and Mansion). I rarely go on Space Mountain because it always has a 60+ min wait time (and by the time I arrive to the park the Fastpasses are usually gone), so now I can make sure that I'll get a fastpass for Space Mountain at least once in a while.

Overall, as long as it works the way it is suppose to, it sounds like an awesome system.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

• MaliBOOMer

Disney posted a MyMagic+ commercial to Facebook. Here are some of the comments I saw. Overall the general consensus was people said they liked the magic bands but hated FP+

Fastpass+ is a joke! Waited in line to avoid waiting in line, told they were out of fastpasses, then gave us a single rider that we couldn't use because she screwed up the time! Total fail!

Love the Magic Bands hate the Fast Pass+!!!!!!!!!!!!

Except fastpasses. .they SCREWED that up..

The FP+ was a joke.I watched at least 3 families in a panic at the front of a line to meet princesses because their little one was annoyed with the bracelet and had popped it off and lost it.

I like the band, hate fp+. Not because you only get so many, blah blah blah... But because I enjoy booking my vacation and adding this into the mix makes it feel like a job.

We just got back from WDW, & while having the magic bands while staying at resort was kinda awesome, the whole fastpass+ was a huge debacle. We have been AP holders in the past & we could plan our day with no stress & ride what we wanted when we wanted. This trip we had our noses glued to our phones the whole time. If you miss your fastpass window, it's gone. You used to be able to get as many fastpasses as you could manage. No more, 3 is all you get. Disney, please make it more like the old system!

As someone said Love the Magic Bands hate the Fast Pass+, 3 fast pass a day is ridicule , and for Epcot is even worse.

Magic Bands are great ... Fast Pass + not so much. Tiered system is just wrong, only three per day, only at one park and waiting 25 mins in the Fast Pass line for Test Track was not cool (or fast for that matter).

If only it actually worked this well. My experience was disastrous

It seems like the only negative comments on here are about the fastpass aspect of the bands. Why not go back to the original fastpass and use the magic bands for paying for stuff, room keys, etc? Just a thought from someone who hasn't used them before.

I want my fast passes back! 3 a day is not enough! Keep the bands but go back to the old fast pass system!

Once u experience fast pass plus u will go to universal

We won't be going back till they revamp fastpass+
    ^ I had a good chuckle at the Universal comment as FP+ is the reason my family won't be going to Disney World when we visit Universal this summer.

A few comments also seem to suggest that if you don't reserve the three in advance you'll be out of luck if you try to get any at the park.

Lines are longer- have gone multiple different times as a pass holder. 3 FPs is not enough, but worse is limiting them to one park. We have park hoppers for a reason! I do it all in advance, but it doesn't work that easily, especially when trying to book rides 2 months out to go around your dining reservations you made 6 months out. Nearly impossible to do!! I hate seeing other people waiting in long lines just to get FPs now, when the lines at individual rides used to be much shorter. I literally feel guilty that we have 3 when some people walk in not able to get any. Bands are definitely Convenient for park entry, rooms and paying. Horribly bad decision for fast passes.

Please go back to the old fast passes. I spent 45 minutes in line to get a fast pass for Soarin. Once I got there I was told that all the fast passes for Soarin were sold out for the day. This was at 10:00 in the morning. I wasted 45 min of my time waiting for nothing.
    Last edited by Quentin; 04-10-2014 at 03:00 PM.
    Favorite Ride: Indiana Jones Adventure

Sign the Petition: https://www.change.org/petitions/goo...-original-form

• Senior Minion

The complaints are mostly about the limit on number, something that Disney has said they are already addressing. That is something that will be easily addressed. The others just seem to be people who aren't yet familiar with the new system. Fp's for Soarin' run out early all the time, they just need to add a screen telling people what rides still have times available so people don't wait for nothing. (Although, in time the majority of guests will use cell phones for their reservations.)
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Special Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
    A few comments also seem to suggest that if you don't reserve the three in advance you'll be out of luck if you try to get any at the park.
    How is that different from the current system? If you don't get there early you can't get a fastpass either.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by MrLiver View Post
    How is that different from the current system? If you don't get there early you can't get a fastpass either.
    The difference is that arriving early benefits the poster while booking in advance does not.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• MaliBOOMer

That's kind of the point. Except with FP+ different people are able to reserve sooner than others. While others have no other option but to wait until they get to the park. With FP it's first come first serve, but everyone can start collecting at the same time.
    Favorite Ride: Indiana Jones Adventure

Sign the Petition: https://www.change.org/petitions/goo...-original-form

• Special Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
    That's kind of the point. Except with FP+ different people are able to reserve sooner than others. While others have no other option but to wait until they get to the park. With FP it's first come first serve, but everyone can start collecting at the same time.
    It's no different. Not everyone can get to the park early, so those who can do have an advantage. So what difference does it make to move the advantage from one group of people to another?

• I'm not really here

It's no different. Not everyone can get to the park early, so those who can do have an advantage. So what difference does it make to move the advantage from one group of people to another?
    Actually, under FP v1.0, there is a clear advantage towards those who are at the parks early.
    Under FP+, there is no clear advantage. They aren't going to allow those able to book 30 days in advance to eat up all of the available Fast Passes. This is part of the reason for the 3 ticket limit. Yes, you can book it early, but you can't book a ton, that way the people who day of show up at park opening still have tickets left.

No one has the advantage.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    Actually, under FP v1.0, there is a clear advantage towards those who are at the parks early.
    Under FP+, there is no clear advantage. They aren't going to allow those able to book 30 days in advance to eat up all of the available Fast Passes. This is part of the reason for the 3 ticket limit. Yes, you can book it early, but you can't book a ton, that way the people who day of show up at park opening still have tickets left.

No one has the advantage.
    Actually, those that stay at a Disney Resort Hotel can book 60 days in advances while "regular" guests can book 30 days in advance. So...who gets the advantage now? Sure, it's may be seen as another perk for hotel guests but some just can't afford to stay there and so it's not really fair. Everyone should be able to book at the same time because even though they're not spending money on the hotel, they're spending money to make a trip down there and to be in Disneyland.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by hollyray View Post
    Actually, those that stay at a Disney Resort Hotel can book 60 days in advances while "regular" guests can book 30 days in advance. So...who gets the advantage now? Sure, it's may be seen as another perk for hotel guests but some just can't afford to stay there and so it's not really fair. Everyone should be able to book at the same time because even though they're not spending money on the hotel, they're spending money to make a trip down there and to be in Disneyland.
    Actually, it makes perfect sense to reserve tickets for hotel guests. What kind of reputation would Disney have as a travel destination if their hotel guests couldn't ride the things they wanted to on their vacation?
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• I'm not really here

That actually makes no difference. The 60 day and 30 day aren't going to account for all of the available slots. So 60 day people, 30 day people and day of people will all have FP+ slots available for them in any give time slot. So no advantage to anyone.

So say there are 1000 FP+'s available for Space Mountain for the 10am - 11am window. They divvy it up, 33% to the people booking 60 days in advance. 33% to the people booking 30 days in advance and 33% remain for day of in park use.

No advantage to anyone. Well, unless you get to the park late, but you often got hosed if you arrived late in the day under FP anyway.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• #bringevilback

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    That actually makes no difference. The 60 day and 30 day aren't going to account for all of the available slots. So 60 day people, 30 day people and day of people will all have FP+ slots available for them in any give time slot. So no advantage to anyone.

So say there are 1000 FP+'s available for Space Mountain for the 10am - 11am window. They divvy it up, 33% to the people booking 60 days in advance. 33% to the people booking 30 days in advance and 33% remain for day of in park use.

No advantage to anyone. Well, unless you get to the park late, but you often got hosed if you arrived late in the day under FP anyway.
    Where did you get the idea that they are holding back 33% of FP for each booking window? They are not. For popular attractions (currently, Anna and Elsa, soon will include 7dmt) they are 100% gone within the 60-31 days out range, unless they open up day of spots, which remains to be seen. Personally, if I was an onsite guest wanting to visit one of these attractions and could not book within onsite guests only window I would be frustrated. Paying the premium for onsite and their benefits without being able to take advantage of them is not good customer service...

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Actually, it makes perfect sense to reserve tickets for hotel guests. What kind of reputation would Disney have as a travel destination if their hotel guests couldn't ride the things they wanted to on their vacation?
    Yes, but what about their other guests? Are they any less important?

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by CassiefRN View Post
    Where did you get the idea that they are holding back 33% of FP for each booking window? They are not. For popular attractions (currently, Anna and Elsa, soon will include 7dmt) they are 100% gone within the 60-31 days out range, unless they open up day of spots, which remains to be seen. Personally, if I was an onsite guest wanting to visit one of these attractions and could not book within onsite guests only window I would be frustrated. Paying the premium for onsite and their benefits without being able to take advantage of them is not good customer service...
    It's still better for on-site guests then the current system. There's currently no guarantee of getting a FP for major headliners other then arriving really early and then you still have to wait in a line. At least now even if you can't get the FP for your first choice you can get three others and get in that standby line first thing in the morning when it's still short.
    -Walt Disney

• Senior Minion

Yes, but what about their other guests? Are they any less important?
    Yes.
    -Walt Disney