Page 1 of 15 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Fp+

Fp+

Hey everybody! I've been hearing a lot about FP+ and its possible use at Disneyland but I know its having lots of problems.

I for one am for that type of technology but only if it benefits my experience. That being said, I think I wouldn't mind it if they didn't limit your fastpasses.

What would you guys like to see them do with FP+ in order to make the system more positive and beneficial?

• Minion

Re: Fp +

I'd like to see them continue to leave FP+ out of Anaheim. Yes, that would make my experience more positive.

Yeah understandable... but when they spend that amount of money to implement a program like that I think its only a matter of time.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Cjedwards44 View Post
    I think I wouldn't mind it if they didn't limit your fastpasses.
    They are supposed to be changing it so they aren't limiting fastpass choices. Once you use your preselected ones, you can get additional ones, if available.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• I'm not really here

Remember everyone, this is a brand new system that while people are using it, they are continually reviewing and updating and tweaking. It used to be only 3 FP+'s per day. They've already tweaked it so once you use those 3 a 4th becomes available. They are playing with it in real world situations to see where the sweet spot is.

Essentially what the system does is eliminate the ability to stack FastPasses for later use because it won't allow you to get another one until you have used the ones you have.

It will very likely function almost identically to how the current DL FP system functions down the road. Except it will know if you've used your FP or not so it can withhold issuing more until you're down to just one or something.

How it is right now, is already different than how it was when it first rolled out. And it will change more going forward. It isn't a locked done deal as is.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

I am glad they are working it out in Florida first, but one way or another this is coming to California in the future. Reserving 3 and adding more throughout the day is a good first step. I wouldnt mind being able to basically use the system as it is now and grab FPs from my phone instead of running across the park. Maybe for DLR they only allow day of reservations from a geolocation inside the park, either with your phone or a kiosk. You have to be in that park to get an FP. I think that system could be beneficial to most visitors.
    For all of the people who hate the idea, Disney is not doing this to piss people off. They are doing this to make vacations more enjoyable for the masses. People don't like waiting in line. When I talk to people who dont like going to DL, I hear that the lines are long and they hate waiting in line. They go with me and dont end up in line all day and usually are very willing to go back. It ends up being a much better guest experience. Another plus besides guest satisfaction for Disney, is now everyone is free to spend a lot more money.

I imagine they will do advanced reservations at DLR, but it is a very different animal than WDW, so hopefully they take that into consideration before they do the trial and error thing they are doing in Florida right now. I think the system is fair to locals and tourists alike if you have to be in the park to get a reservation.

People wouldn't have to wait in line if they got fast passes. We don't need a new system. It's unfair to those that are willing to work for 10 or more fast passes everyday. And the parks are too close for only 3 fast passes. This kind of system is tailored for WDW.

Also, what's wrong with stacking fast passes?

• Former Churro Jockey

I'm going to wait until I experience it at WDW before I make any judgements.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

If Disney doesn't implement it, others will get the hint and introduce it leaving Disneyland in the dark. Like Mycroft16 said, from the way Disney is heading, the Faspass+ system should look quite similar to the paper ticket method.

Also, if guests don't want to wait in line, they shouldn't forced to do so. Guests are happier if you tailor a system to their wants. You could make the argument that they need to get in the theme, but the theme doesn't really matter when the guest is Ped off while waiting in line.

The system you see is tailored to WDW, they can always tweak it when it comes to Disneyland. I'm pretty sure they used WDW first because they can use it on a larger scale and hone it down from there. Most guests there are on vacation and are more open to change, so it's a great way to test out the system and see what guests like and dislike from the system.

I just don't think it's fair to judge a system that is still being refined to the guests' liking. To me it's turning into a more digital version of the old fashioned ticket system.
    Last edited by Disneytwins; 04-04-2014 at 09:49 AM.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• Special Agent

Keeping this short: I think FP+ is going to fix a lot of problems with the original FastPass system. I think limiting the use of Fastpass and reducing the abuse of getting 10-25 Fastpasses a day, will create a system that is fair and beneficial to ALL resort guests. I'd love to see a fastpass system that can better balance demand and actually be useful all day-opposed to being a system that really only works for a few hours in the morning. I think booking passes online or via smartphone would be an amazing advancement and would hopefully reduce the paperwork involved in a Disney trip.

All around mostly a positive change.

Everyone has the same chance to get a fast pass. It's up to the group or individual to get one fast pass or ten. It's not Disney' fault.

• MaliBOOMer

Quote Originally Posted by MrLiver View Post
    Keeping this short: I think FP+ is going to fix a lot of problems with the original FastPass system. I think limiting the use of Fastpass and reducing the abuse of getting 10-25 Fastpasses a day, will create a system that is fair and beneficial to ALL resort guests. I'd love to see a fastpass system that can better balance demand and actually be useful all day-opposed to being a system that really only works for a few hours in the morning. I think booking passes online or via smartphone would be an amazing advancement and would hopefully reduce the paperwork involved in a Disney trip.

All around mostly a positive change.
    A positive change only for those who are ignorant about the system. Just because I go and get 10+ FP's per day does not mean I am abusing the system or that it's unfair. How FP works is not a secret and can be very easily figured out. I love FP so much because it is fair, every guest has an equal opportunity to use it. When they go electronic it will be very easy for them to give preference to certain guests. If you think that the current FP system is only beneficial for a few hours in the morning you are very mistaken. Even during peak times like Spring Break you can pull FP's into the late afternoon/ evening.
    Favorite Ride: Tower of Terror

Fast Passes aren't illegal and guests aren't "cheating the system." Disney created it, so what's the problem?

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
    A positive change only for those who are ignorant about the system. Just because I go and get 10+ FP's per day does not mean I am abusing the system or that it's unfair. How FP works is not a secret and can be very easily figured out. I love FP so much because it is fair, every guest has an equal opportunity to use it. When they go electronic it will be very easy for them to give preference to certain guests. If you think that the current FP system is only beneficial for a few hours in the morning you are very mistaken. Even during peak times like Spring Break you can pull FP's into the late afternoon/ evening.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillchat View Post
    Fast Passes aren't illegal and guests aren't "cheating the system." Disney created it, so what's the problem?
    No, it isn't you the user's fault that the system they built had some holes in it allowing it to be used in ways that made their intent for it not work out very well. No one is saying FP's are illegal. But the intent of the system was to get an FP, return during the window displayed on the ticket only, get another FP when the time displayed to get another one came up. And I have been there far to often when FPs for Space Mountain, Indy, Splash, are GONE by 11am. I've seen the FP line actually longer than the ride line. FP+ solves or significantly eases these problems.

Disney's own lax enforcement of the return window allowed people to use the system to stack FPs and collect them for user later in the day.

Disney allowed it. FP+ closes that loophole and allows the system to function the way they originally intended it.

There are also other benefits, like scheduling. Right now, you are at the mercy of the progression of the return clock. If lots of people are getting them, it will progress faster and you may miss it, or the return time may be when you are going to be somewhere else. Under the new system, just pick a time that works for you. Even if that is first available. Drastic increase in flexibility.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

I wouldn't necessarily call it "cheating the system", but it wasn't intended for guests to get that much FPs in one day. I agree that this system will improve on the current system.

I never knew you could have that many fastpasses at once. One of my friends brought it to my attention when they announced all this. i think removing this loophole will make it much more fair for everyone who uses the system the way it was intended to be used.

If you think about it, using this loophole removes FP tickets from other guests' hand and that's just not fair. It kind of irks me to see that people knew that this isn't the intent of the FP system, yet they do it anyway just because they can.
    Last edited by Disneytwins; 04-04-2014 at 12:01 PM.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

Page 1 of 15 123411 ... LastLast