Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• A Little Rabid

On The Verge of MADNESS!

Anyone else have that frantic, paniced feeling when they haven't visited the parks in such a long time? I know that there are some of us who won't be able to step unto Disney property for months, even years at a time so it must be ever harder for them. Right now I feel so jumpy every time Disneyland is mentioned or something happens to reminds me of the parks. I haven't been there since December and my last anxious attack was in a time span of three months which used to be the longest time that I haven't felt that sedative high.

But this just tops it. I mean, when I was a wee young lassie, I would only go once a year. But ever since high school hit, it was multiple times, every season! And now, now I can't go till May! It may not seem long, but oh, it feels like an eternity! My heart beats fast, my pulse quickens and a loony look crosses my face every time someone, so help me, mentions the parks. By the time late April hits, it'll get worse. I'll be climbing on walls, laughing in a nervous manner as though I've had a caffeine surge.

What can I say? it's like a drug! And an addiction takes such a long time to cure... I can practically smell the water of Pirates as I type this up. I'm going to loose it any moment now...

Any of you out there can relate, please reply. Let's call this our DAA: Disneyland Addicts Anonymous. We all need support now and then, yes?

*Twitches.*
    I lurk.

It's like an itch that you have to scratch as soon as possible. I'm heading down this summer with my family but it can't come soon enough. Up until this point I haven't felt like I was missing much with all the ride rehabs. Now as Buzz and the Tiki Room have opened I'm starting to feel the itch again.

• Nice Guy

Blog Entries
    I use to go twice a year but have not been back in four and looks like it will be another year before I go. Sometimes I get so depressed reading your posts and looking at the photos.
    >>Alan<<
    Member 216

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries
    Well, of course I am mad, that is why I am here! I love that I can get so much info here and feel like I am at the park. Reading these posts over the past few weeks are what have made me determined to get there this summer and see it all for myself!
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

Haven't been since Spring of 2003, so yes, I understand what you mean.

All I can do is get my fix via the internet, photos and what little I have on DVD and videotape.

I so envy those who can just drop by after work for a churro, or who can make a breezy trip on any particular weekend to spend the day.
    "Say, uh, ever hear of the devil's paint pots? Real mystery of the desert. Bubblin' pots of mud in all kinds of colors."

• Queen of Randomness

When I get that way (which I am now) I start hitting the message boards hard and cruising the internet for all the Disneyland info I can get. It helps to deal with the pain.

Welcome to my blog!
    A Photographed Life
    12/28: Copperopolis, California

• Official MC Thread Killer

I've never been!!! Imagine how I feel, haha. I use these boards and others to try to keep me satisfied until July. I absolutely cannot wait... only 109 days!!! (I've been counting for awhile lol)

• Banned User

Last time I went was Nov. and I won't be able to go until my honeymoon in May so I'm starting to go a little DL crazy. I pay DL music none stop, day in and day out.

"I've got it! I've got the madness! I've got cabin fever!!!" -pirate, Muppets Trusure Island

Replace cabin with DL and you got me!

• Original Mice-Chatter

I'm going mad regularly- yes.

I went 15 years without going to DL- then I finally took my kids in Oct 2001. I was going to go in 2002 but I was sidelined by cancer. 2003 I was at DL in July. 2004 I hit WDW in July and DL in November. This year I was committed to only going to DL in Dec. but then things aligned themselves so I think I will be in WDW in June.

I am going batty just waiting on it all to come together and get there.

This is embarrassing- but I had never been to WDW til last year. Seen it on TV, read guides, gotten the planning videos- but never gone. I had bought AP's for the family- but again- the cancer thing got in the way. When I finally arrived on property last July I literally cried I was so happy. Rose (my daughter) still recalls how I started crying again on the second day when we went to Epcot.

Yeah- I'm Disney loopy.

• Banned User

I havent gone to Disneyland since 1997. Ill be coming back in July for the 50th. though

• Chernabog Admirer

Feel the need to go every month, since I've got an AP and I might not be in the state after this year, I want to use it for all its worth... evne if I have to pay $30 on a block out day.. I NEED MY FIX!! ....Going to that Disney's Character Liquidation Warehouse... or whatever its called.. is a slight way for my fix, only the shopping aspect though. And I listen to CDs with attraction tracks on them, as well as listening to the tracks on my computer. Must... get... monthly... fix..!!!

...I also need more shelf space now.

Roaming the Kingdom, one Adventure at a time!

• Zapp's Minion :D

My 1st trip to Disneyland was in 1988, then 1990 and finally in 2001. So I went about 11 years with out visiting DL and I live in California. Now I try to go about every 2 months or more since I have a AP. I go crazy, I miss everything about Disneyland. Sometimes I drive down to Anaheim just for a few hours and drive back home the same night

• Again! Again! Again!

I do!! I do!! I live close and have a pass, but don't get to go as much anymore! I went from going at least once a week or week and a half to maybe once a month!! And that time may get stretched out more! Yeah, I feel the madness.
    Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
    FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
    I bring the magic!!!
    "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend DMother
    Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

• That's Hawt

Quote Originally Posted by Nephythys
    I'm going mad regularly- yes.

I went 15 years without going to DL- then I finally took my kids in Oct 2001. I was going to go in 2002 but I was sidelined by cancer. 2003 I was at DL in July. 2004 I hit WDW in July and DL in November. This year I was committed to only going to DL in Dec. but then things aligned themselves so I think I will be in WDW in June.

I am going batty just waiting on it all to come together and get there.

This is embarrassing- but I had never been to WDW til last year. Seen it on TV, read guides, gotten the planning videos- but never gone. I had bought AP's for the family- but again- the cancer thing got in the way. When I finally arrived on property last July I literally cried I was so happy. Rose (my daughter) still recalls how I started crying again on the second day when we went to Epcot.

Yeah- I'm Disney loopy.
    I've never been to DW either ... i want to go so verrrry bad! If you don't mind me asking ... what type of cancer did you have? I had lymphoma ... completely over it now though
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

For me it is more overwhelming sadness. I am more homesick for Disneyland than I could have imagined. I know many of you understand, but most of my friends and family and even husband just don't understand how weird it is for me to be away from DL like this. Over the last ten years I either worked there or had an AP so I was there more times than I could count and I can't explain how weird it is for me to not be able to go when I want. I feel like a puppy who has been banned from the house and must stay outside in the cold all alone. Oh my gosh, that visual just made me more depressed!

And that's why I love this board so much! IT feels great to be able to share my sickness with all you other crazies! Ha Ha, just kidding...sorta.
    “In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.” -Michael Jackson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast