Cali <3, But You'll find me in Agrabah sometimes

Trip Review! 4/5/2014

So, two months ago I posted a review of my last trip. It did not go well. I promised myself and my family that we'd go again to make up for that trip. How did this one turn out?

SUCCESS!!!!

It was a fun trip. I think one of the best me and my family had in all our years of going to Disneyland together. Mickey and Friends is still not letting anyone park there so we were directed to the Woody parking area, where they have you take the bus to the park. We wee informed the last bus that night leaves at 1:00 A.M. So we ride the bus and get onto them park grounds. It's our routine to start the day off with California Adventure. First thing I did was take a picture with Goofy. I drew him a picture and he was so nice he scribbled his own at the back of my sketchbook. Then me and my family split up, I went to the Animation building, had some fun, meanwhile my family is at Soaring California and Bug's Land. Then I meet my mom and sister at Tower of Terror and had a pretty fun ride. By the way, it wasn't too crowded that day. There was room to walk and lines were not too long. They were all either 30 or under 30 minutes. Then we rode Cars land ride and had lunch at Flo's. My grandmother had went with us, so we ended up getting employee discount on our food because she WAS a cast member (she's retired). We headed over to the pier, got some ice cream, my sister went on Screamin' California, and my little brother rode King Triton's Carousel, and I'm not exaggerating this, 5 times. So we head over to the carnival games are (next to Toy Story Mania) and I ended up winning a Bullseye plush for my little brother. We walk around the pier all the way through Grizzly Bear Rapids path and we head to Disneyland.

We're at Disneyland and now it's 4:00 during the day. We split up again, my family goes for a Turkey Leg () and I go to the Royal Hall to get signatures for my drawings of the Princesses. There were Ariel, Aurora, and Cinderella. Ariel was incredibly handling her character. She was curious and perky, just like Ariel. I handed her my picture and she slapped it on the wall (this was in a funny way) and signed it immediately. Then I met Aurora who was also in perfect character. She was INCREDIBLY nice (not that Ariel wasn't, Ariel was also super nice) she asked me questions like "What do you strive to be?" and I replied to her questions (for that question, I told her I wanted to be an animator). Then I met Cinderella. Now, Cinderella wasn't mean, but you could sense an attitude with her. It seemed like she was tired and in a hurry to get through everyone. But I couldn't blame her. It's 4:00, end of a long day for most characters so it's understandable. So I get out and then I see someone standing under a tree in front of the Belle/Rapunzel show tent. It's Flynn Rider! The line was short so I rushed over and took advantage of it and got a picture and his signature. I head over to Aladdin's oasis because Aladdin and Jasmine are my MUST's whenever I go. So, I do and it's closed. Aw. I asked a guy if they were there at all that day and he said "Yeah they were hear around 3-3:30." and I shrugged, said thank you, and headed to POTC. It was broken. Whoops, so I decide to walk to Winnie the Pooh meet n' greet spot. (At this point, I kinda knew I wasn't going to meet any more characters because it was 6:00) I walked by The Haunted Mansion and the wait time was 25 mins but I wasn't planning to ride it at that moment.

I find out Winnie's not there so I meet up with my family at the left side of the castle for the Soundsational Parade. It was pretty fun watching it. When the Ariel float came by, I actually held up my picture and she saw it and started charade-messaging me. She motioned "Did you draw that?" by pretending to draw on her hand and I nodded and she blew me a kiss. (I felt special) When the parade was over, me and my family headed to Adventure Land and now the Fantasmic crowds are forming. We came at the perfect time because POTC just got fixed so we hopped into line. The was time was 20 minutes, but it moves fast so it didn't feel like it. After POTC, we headed to...The Haunted Mansion. This is my favorite ride. This is my MUST ride every single trip. When I walked by earlier, the wait time was 25-30 minutes. (The line went all the way outside the gates at the time) But when we went, no line at all. (Okay maybe not NO line but I'll give you the estimated wait time: 1 minute) We got on the ride, with high hopes, but then...tragedy struck. The ride was spoiled for EVERYONE when a group of girls, 4 Doom Buggies away, screamed throughout the second half of the ride from the top of their lungs. It was DEAFENING. >:| It wasn't screaming like they were scared, it was screaming just for "fun". The ride had stopped 3 times while we were on. I do not know if it was because of them or because of another reason. But at one point while we weren't moving, someone screamed "Shut up!" at the girls. It was the end of the ride and I hopped off and pulled my mom's arm with me so that we could get away from the noise ASAP. I remember two guys getting off their Doom Buggy and looking back at the upcoming Buggies, looking pissed. It was silence on the escalator up (at the end of the ride) for 5 seconds. They started screaming again. -_____- We got to the turnstiles and waited a few seconds for my sister, dad, and brother to catch up. They quickly and and we started heading to our stroller. You would think the screaming was over. No. The girls were still screaming at the turnstiles. ( <--- this is what I felt like doing) Whatever. So my sister figured she'd go ride Goofy's Sky School while World of Color is happening so we split up again briefly. My mother, brother, and I had to go around Frontier Land to get to Fantasy land since the main way was closed off due to the fireworks. It was really nice walking, the only thing we didn't like was passing through the smoking areas. While we wait for my dad and sister, we get on King Arthur's Carousel. My brother loves carousels so he totally exploited his chance and rode it several times. I rode it once and decided to ride Dumbo which I haven't rode in years. (There are a couple of rides I haven't rode in years at all ) A few minutes after I get off of Dumbo, my dad and sister arrive and the fireworks started. Now keep in mine, I'm between King Arthur's Carousel and Dumbo with it in between Sleeping Beauty's Castle and Fantasmic. So both shows were happening at the same time It was pretty funny and amazing at the same time to watch both Fantasmic and the Castle's fireworks. After each firework went off, you'd switch which direction you're looking. Looking left to right, left to right. XD But it was pretty cool. Then, we got our chance to ride the one ride that we have not rode at all in...hm...5-6 years? Peter Pan. As soon as they let people into the Mr. Toad, Peter Pan, Snow White, and Pinocchio area, we rushed to Peter Pan because everyone knows how the line on that ride gets. It was excited getting on the boats. It was a magical 5 minutes through Neverland with Peter and the Darling children, and I was happy to share it with my little brother. I was surprised and looked at Pinocchio and Snow White. I expected a long line but the wait was only about 5 minutes. My whole family decided to ride the carousel another 5 times and I went on my own nostalgic trip with the Pinocchio and Snow White rides. When I got off Snow White, my family joined me. So, in total, I ended up riding Pinocchio and Snow White 2 times.

We always finish the night with Tomorrowland so we head on over there. Its like 10:40 now. Star Tours was a 15 minute wait. There's no way I'm not missing that once-in-a-life-time chance. (I'm exaggerating too much ) Then my whole family rode Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blasters 3 times. Now it's 11:30. We honestly didn't have anything else to do, so we head to Main Street, got some Starbucks, and headed to the exit. But first, I had to make my stop at Great Moment's With Mr. Lincoln. It was closed (I found out it was 12:09 at that moment) but I did stop by where they have all the art and that was good enough for me. I took a quick look around, met my family outside, and we all headed to the bus which took up the parking lot.

It was a great trip overall. I could say that my favorite part was riding the classic rides (Snow White, Pinocchio, Dumbo, Peter Pan, etc.) that I loved when I was a kid, multiple times. I loved riding it with my little brother and I loved seeing my family happy the whole day. And the question I asked myself before I collapsed on my bed to sleep was: "Did this trip make up for the last one?" It definitely did.
    Princess Jasmine's trainee

• Indiana Scott

Re: Trip Review! 4/5/2014

Glad you had a great trip!

Thanks!

At the beginning of your post, you mentioned that the mickey and friends parking structure was not letting people park there? Has that been going on for awhile or is it that you arrived at a bad time that day?

Quote Originally Posted by Warlock128 View Post
    At the beginning of your post, you mentioned that the mickey and friends parking structure was not letting people park there? Has that been going on for awhile or is it that you arrived at a bad time that day?
    Yes, it first happened back in my trip in February 22nd. After that tip, I've asked some my friends if that's ever happened to them. I have friends with AP's and they said it had happened to them ever since then up until now. I come to the parks at around 9:00 A.M. to 10:00 A.M. I don't know why they do this now, hopefully they'll stop.

• #bringevilback

Quote Originally Posted by GagarianPrincess View Post
    Yes, it first happened back in my trip in February 22nd. After that tip, I've asked some my friends if that's ever happened to them. I have friends with AP's and they said it had happened to them ever since then up until now. I come to the parks at around 9:00 A.M. to 10:00 A.M. I don't know why they do this now, hopefully they'll stop.
    they just reroute people to save parking for later in the day...it's annoying, I agree!

Also, so, I' confused about your fireworks/fantasmic...they never run simultaneously...? Maybe you are thinking of the fireworks from the castle and the ones set off behind toon town? At the carousel you'd be right between them

We were right between them! Haha, it was weird. Everyone was confused that there were two shows going on. You could hear the Fantasmic music and at the same time, the main fireworks were happening at the castle.

• #bringevilback

You can't hear fantasmic music at the carousel and they do not run the shows together. F! Is usually right before and/or shortly after the fireworks. You must be thinking of the fireworks set off in the hub/castle and the ones behind toon town, which are all part of the same firework show (currently Remember...). From the location you were standing you can usually hear firework music from the Small world mall.

Whoops

Glad it was successful!

Quote Originally Posted by smartlabelprint View Post
    Glad it was successful!
    Thank you!