Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Re: The Positivity Thread

I like riding in the normal railroad caboose. Yes it can be hot and sweaty in there, but in the evening, sometimes you can get the entire car to yourself because most people don't know it's open. Its those kinds of little details I love. They don't need to keep that caboose open for the few people who ride it every day, but they know that the few who do really enjoy it

Also, I think this may win as the smallest detail mentioned on this thread - I love the area music in Tomorrowland. I love how it pays tribute to older rides by including their songs (Miracles From Molecules, Theres a great big beautiful tomorrow). Whenever I'm in Tomorrowland, I sing along with the area music. You should see the look on my friends faces when they see me singing "Miracles, from Molecules are dawning everyday! Discoveries for happiness..."

• Under that tree again!

I like to give a high five in exchange for high fours when coming in and leaving the parks with a smile on my face.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

I'm extremely gluten-intollerant, to the point that I usually can't order food when going to restaurants with friends, because I've reacted several times to "gluten-free" menu options that were cross-contaminated.

I can vividly remember going to Disneyland for the first time after being diagnosed and waiting in line at Tomorrowland Terrace with my friend, who wanted to get something for lunch. I had brought snacks and fully expected to not be able to eat anything in the parks, but when we got to the front of the line, my friend asked about their gluten-free options, just to check.

The castmember immediately sent for a chef, explaining that Disney makes sure all of their meals for people with allergies are prepared completely seperately from the rest of their food with ingredients that are totally seperate, as well. The chef came out and asked me what I wanted, and I asked what I could have, expecting maybe one or two options. He grinned and explained that they could make just about everything on the menu work, with some adjustments. I still remember him saying, "Order whatever you want! This is Disneyland; the sky's the limit!"

I almost started crying. The opportunity to feel "normal" and eat "normal" foods is one of my favorite aspects of the resort.

• Perfect Insanity

Christmas in Disneyland...its one of my most favorite times to be there. Nothing beats how they decorate and how beautiful it looks at night with all the lights on. Plus its the one time of the year my daughter will enjoy the fireworks since she isn't to keen on the loud noise from them but she LOVES the snow part. Seeing her face is just the best. Plus dancing around with her during the fireworks is always fun.
    I love when the sun is setting and the lights go on, especially Main Street. Its just one of those times of the day that I love with how it looks and feels.
    The ranch is a great place. I love how well the animals are cared for and how you can pet some of the horses or a donkey. As well as the goats. Even though my daughter goes to a school that has a farm with goats she always loves spending time with the DL ones and brushing them. Its one of her favorite things to do when we go.
    The smell of popcorn or churros. My son smells churros and that is it. He is in need of one. LOL
    For me something good while there alot of times, is the many times when I'm just with my 12 yr old son and he decides we should go ride things in Fantasyland. We have such a blast together still. I know that is a rare thing when a son hits a certain age so I cherish all these times together with him. Aside from our many runs on Big Thunder that we always have taken every time there.
    Princess Anna

Mom To
    Video Game Player-Noah (6/5/98)
    &
    Baseball Player, All Stars Basketball Player & All Net Champ -Kaleb (3/8/02)
    &
    Ballerina Princess Skylar (9/21/06)
    A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

etsy.com/shop/FantasyFunTutus

• A Cheerful Chick-A-Dee!

Quote Originally Posted by Berry Princess View Post
    Christmas in Disneyland...its one of my most favorite times to be there. Nothing beats how they decorate and how beautiful it looks at night with all the lights on. Plus its the one time of the year my daughter will enjoy the fireworks since she isn't to keen on the loud noise from them but she LOVES the snow part. Seeing her face is just the best. Plus dancing around with her during the fireworks is always fun.
    I love when the sun is setting and the lights go on, especially Main Street. Its just one of those times of the day that I love with how it looks and feels.
    The ranch is a great place. I love how well the animals are cared for and how you can pet some of the horses or a donkey. As well as the goats. Even though my daughter goes to a school that has a farm with goats she always loves spending time with the DL ones and brushing them. Its one of her favorite things to do when we go.
    The smell of popcorn or churros. My son smells churros and that is it. He is in need of one. LOL
    For me something good while there alot of times, is the many times when I'm just with my 12 yr old son and he decides we should go ride things in Fantasyland. We have such a blast together still. I know that is a rare thing when a son hits a certain age so I cherish all these times together with him. Aside from our many runs on Big Thunder that we always have taken every time there.
    That's so sweet! You have a good little guy there

• Future Imagineer!!

I love Churros I also have an insane love for Fantasmic and it makes me so happy that, instead of retireing it for a new show as it ages and has hiccups, they do improvements to keep it so I can continue to enjoy it!

Keeper of the Dynamite Goat on RCMC

• Perfect Insanity

Quote Originally Posted by madgei View Post
    That's so sweet! You have a good little guy there
    Thank you for that. He can be a pain like any other kid is to their parents but he always says when at DL he rather be with me than Dad. LOL We just have more fun together.
    Princess Anna

Mom To
    &
    &

• Former Churro Jockey

Quote Originally Posted by MArouet View Post
    I'm extremely gluten-intollerant, to the point that I usually can't order food when going to restaurants with friends, because I've reacted several times to "gluten-free" menu options that were cross-contaminated.

I can vividly remember going to Disneyland for the first time after being diagnosed and waiting in line at Tomorrowland Terrace with my friend, who wanted to get something for lunch. I had brought snacks and fully expected to not be able to eat anything in the parks, but when we got to the front of the line, my friend asked about their gluten-free options, just to check.

The castmember immediately sent for a chef, explaining that Disney makes sure all of their meals for people with allergies are prepared completely seperately from the rest of their food with ingredients that are totally seperate, as well. The chef came out and asked me what I wanted, and I asked what I could have, expecting maybe one or two options. He grinned and explained that they could make just about everything on the menu work, with some adjustments. I still remember him saying, "Order whatever you want! This is Disneyland; the sky's the limit!"

I almost started crying. The opportunity to feel "normal" and eat "normal" foods is one of my favorite aspects of the resort.
    That's awesome! My mom is gluten-free, and the best restaurant we've found is the Storyteller's Cafe. They can make most items from the menu gluten free, you just have to wait a little bit longer because they make it from scratch.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

• Perfect Insanity

I just thought of another thing....the Main St music. I have always loved the movie Summer Magic and when I walk down Main St and hear Flitterin or The Surrey with the Fringe on Top from Oklahoma (another one I love watching) it makes me happy. I spent many summers as a kid watching Summer Magic over and over on Disney Channel and watched Oklahoma alot as a kid too. I even have Flitterin as my ringtone right now on my phone. I know there is so many more songs that play on Main St those are the ones that just always stand out to me and are my favorites to listen to and sing along to.
    Princess Anna

Mom To
    &
    &

• rebmeM roinuJ

I fully support this thread

The cast members. They have blown me and my family away countless times with their awesomeness.

The anticipation and planning of my next trip! Just knowing that you're going again (whether it's next month or next year or three years from today) makes each day more positive!

• Perfect Insanity

Quote Originally Posted by indiginerd View Post
    The cast members. They have blown me and my family away countless times with their awesomeness.
    I second this!!
    Princess Anna

Mom To
    &
    &

• Under that tree again!

I like that lights at night.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• Disney Renaissance FTW!!

I don't think I can say a single negative thing about Disneyland. I've been there at least 300 times and I still always feel excited pulling up to the parking lot. Once I enter the park and walk underneath those tunnels, all my worries are behind me and I'm fully immersed into this magical world. I love the cast members, the characters, the architecture, the rides, the shows, the sheer magic of the entire place. As long as I am alive, Disneyland will always be a huge part of my life. Always has been, and always will be.
    The Disney Renaissance

1989-1999

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast