Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

• Under that tree again!

Re: The Positivity Thread

I like that the parks have a mix of quiet and loud areas, and slow rides and fast rides. A little something for everyone, something for however I feel.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• Perfect Insanity

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    I like that the parks have a mix of quiet and loud areas, and slow rides and fast rides. A little something for everyone, something for however I feel.
    So true. Its the one place I know of that if you are pregnant there is still so much you can do as well.
    Princess Anna

Mom To
    Video Game Player-Noah (6/5/98)
    &
    Baseball Player, 2 times All Stars Basketball Player & All Net Champ -Kaleb (3/8/02)
    &
    Ballerina Princess Skylar (9/21/06)
    A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

etsy.com/shop/FantasyFunTutus

• Under that tree again!

It's a great feeling when you get on property, enter the turn style and walk through a tunnel.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• Meh

That moment during Fantasmic when the River Boat comes out and the music kicks in, the fireworks shoot off at the top of the boat, and Steam Boat Willie runs up the steps and grabs the wheel and starts steering the crap out of that thing... SO EPIC
    Grim, I lost her once; I'm not gonna lose her again.

• Future Imagineer!!

Getting excited for my trip in a few days! Now that I don't have an AP making the trip is a bigger event and I can't wait for all the fun! Even though Fantasmic is down during the week I love that the parks take the opportunity to offer night cruises of the RoA! Getting to ride the Mark Twain when it's all lit up makes me feel like I'm in Fantasmic!

Keeper of the Dynamite Goat on RCMC

• Former Churro Jockey

Quote Originally Posted by Mind Tricks View Post
    That moment during Fantasmic when the River Boat comes out and the music kicks in, the fireworks shoot off at the top of the boat, and Steam Boat Willie runs up the steps and grabs the wheel and starts steering the crap out of that thing... SO EPIC
    For me it's the cannon shot at Peter Pan. It's so fun to look around and watch everyone's reactions when you know it's coming and they don't. After I'd seen the show 20 or 20 times that was what I used to start looking for whenever I'd work a night shift in New Orleans Square. Sometimes you can spot brand new CM's who also flinch the first two or three times until they figure out when exactly to expect it.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

• Im awkward youre gorgeous

Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    By the way, if you're a fan of the ducks, this is the time of year when the babies are born, so you can probably find a momma duck with all of her baby ducklings following her around near the Rivers of America this month.
    YESSSS! I saw the baby duckling families over by the motorboat cruise area!! I'd never even visited that odd little unused spot, and when I finally checked it out, I was greeted by about 10 baby ducklings! My husband had to drag me away and remind me that there was other stuff to do

I had a very positive experience last Thursday. Everyone told me to avoid Disneyland like the plague during Spring Break, but we ended up having a very pleasant, full day. No lines to park or get in. Started at DL in the morning and got two rides in on BTM (first time since the reopening). Got to see the Spring Roundup, and ride Star Tours.

After a nice lunch at Cafe Orleans, we did start to sense that DL was getting packed, so we made our way over to DCA. Lines were a bit longer than I'm used to there, but we still got in all of my son's favorites at a nice, leisurely pace. We were even able to do RSR using single rider! (My mom had never ridden it before.)

Then, on the way out, there were no crowds at the tram and we got on the first one. Best day we've ever had on a "peak" crowd day.
    "I know this is probably your first flight, and it's...mine too!"

• Done with MC.

Quote Originally Posted by joshteevee View Post
    I had a very positive experience last Thursday. Everyone told me to avoid Disneyland like the plague during Spring Break, but we ended up having a very pleasant, full day. No lines to park or get in. Started at DL in the morning and got two rides in on BTM (first time since the reopening). Got to see the Spring Roundup, and ride Star Tours.

After a nice lunch at Cafe Orleans, we did start to sense that DL was getting packed, so we made our way over to DCA. Lines were a bit longer than I'm used to there, but we still got in all of my son's favorites at a nice, leisurely pace. We were even able to do RSR using single rider! (My mom had never ridden it before.)

Then, on the way out, there were no crowds at the tram and we got on the first one. Best day we've ever had on a "peak" crowd day.

That's great!
    Was Thursday your only day in the park or were you there other days during the week that were busier?

Scott

Unwinding in the Animation Room in DCA, watching and listening to the loop of classic films. It's become one of my favorite places in either park. I always try to time my visit so the music soundtrack won't be interrupted by promo announcements for Turtle Talk with Crush. The experience is a lovely reminder of the remarkable talent behind the movies - they are the reason we have a Disneyland in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottG View Post
    That's great!
    Was Thursday your only day in the park or were you there other days during the week that were busier?

Scott
    That was our only day in the park. I wanted to go two days, but we were blacked out on Friday. I heard Wednesday was worse, crowd-wise.
    "I know this is probably your first flight, and it's...mine too!"

Quote Originally Posted by PhonyKingOfEngland View Post
    Disney did something great when then hired the sheer awesomeness that is Maynard Smith. Most entertaining man on earth.
    How do we know when he will be there??? I am going to disney this up coming week and would die for the opportunity to see him in the tiki room, or anywhere else for that matter!

My favorite thing about disney is that almost every little detail is intentional. they left nothing and everything to the imagination at once (does that even make sense?)
    The pretty much give you the canvas (the actually park) and paints (the set up i.e.: smelitizers and such) to let your mind go wild!!!

I'm going this monday-wednesday for my birthday. I have a bad hip, that limits my enjoyment in every day circumstances, but the SECOND I hear the turnstile noise, every inch of pain is gone, and I am in a completely new state of mind.
    I am bringing a friend there this time that hasn't been, and I am so excited to point out the little things that make disney so amazing, like the conversations you can over hear on main street, or the fact that the plants in tomorrow land are all edible. Small stuff that you look past when you don't know to look for them!
    OMG I can't wait to be through those magical gates again!!

I love the details, from the Main Street windows to the architectural design to the horticultural planning...... And Spanky, do the horticultural tour. It's terrific!

The food. Yes, it has improved greatly over the years, and not just the high-end options. There are so many choices, and Disney has really made the effort to offer well made food. Love the snack carts. And the Plaza Inn chicken.

The ability to find quiet places like the lagoon west of Thunder Mountain. Anyone else like watching the fish? The real ones, not the fake. And I love spring with baby ducks everywhere.

The rare glimpse of the feral cats. I'd love to see them more often; it's so cool.

This spring, the Maleficent preview. So well done, I can't wait for the movie!

The cast members. Not an easy job, dealing with thousands of guests every day, and they really make my day.

I'll think of more.

• Former Churro Jockey

You know I just realized that the #1 thing that Disney does best hasn't been mentioned on here yet, and that's how they handle lost kids. With 30K - 55K people in the park every day it is inevatable that there will be several kids every day who get seperated from their parents. But every cast member is taught to keep an eye out for a lost kid (really, they're not hard to spot, you can see the fear in their face pretty quickly) and every cast member is required to drop what they are doing no matter what it is and assist a lost kid when they come accross one. In my time at the park I think I probably ended up assisting about 20 or so lost kids. I'd say half the time we found the parents before making it to Main St. The parents are always freaked out, but at the same time they know that their kids are safe at Disneyland and that we the cast are going to take very good care of them until they are reunited. I think that's one of the things that I most took pride in when I worked there now that I think about it.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast