Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Re: The Positivity Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    You know I just realized that the #1 thing that Disney does best hasn't been mentioned on here yet, and that's how they handle lost kids. With 30K - 55K people in the park every day it is inevatable that there will be several kids every day who get seperated from their parents. But every cast member is taught to keep an eye out for a lost kid (really, they're not hard to spot, you can see the fear in their face pretty quickly) and every cast member is required to drop what they are doing no matter what it is and assist a lost kid when they come accross one. In my time at the park I think I probably ended up assisting about 20 or so lost kids. I'd say half the time we found the parents before making it to Main St. The parents are always freaked out, but at the same time they know that their kids are safe at Disneyland and that we the cast are going to take very good care of them until they are reunited. I think that's one of the things that I most took pride in when I worked there now that I think about it.
    Nice thought.

• Former Churro Jockey

Felt like we needed some positivity today, so I'm bringing this thread back to the front page...
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    Felt like we needed some positivity today, so I'm bringing this thread back to the front page...
    I've had a horrible week and today was baaaaaaaaaaaaad, so I'm happy to keep this one going (in my biased opinion, of course!)

Wonderful thread bringing very good ideas and enhancement to any Magic Kingdom visit. I am visiting today and will bring all these positive comments with me. One of many reasons why I visit at least once a month, is to "escape the Madness". The parks represent all what humanity can be in terms of kindness, courtesy, creativity, fun, inspiration joy, and laughter to name a few. Also, these Magical lands are very, very safe. One may not instantly notice, but, there are many "magical soldiers", who ensure the parks security and safety of guests. It is comforting to know that if a medical emergency arises, there is a medical center to go to.

Many "Disneylanders" have been disenchanted as of late due to a lot of ride closures - especially this week. But, it's good to remember that Disneyland is still the "happiest place on earth" regardless of any closures - as there is still so much to be happy for in the resort. So much detail, charm and magic exists in the park, if you take the time to look and savor. Even with major attractions down, there are still a number of other experiences that await you. Sometimes, you are forced to do something diffferent for a change and when you leave, you feel refreshed.

• I Heart DL!

Quote Originally Posted by TrueLifeAdventurer View Post
    Many "Disneylanders" have been disenchanted as of late due to a lot of ride closures - especially this week. But, it's good to remember that Disneyland is still the "happiest place on earth" regardless of any closures - as there is still so much to be happy for in the resort. So much detail, charm and magic exists in the park, if you take the time to look and savor. Even with major attractions down, there are still a number of other experiences that await you. Sometimes, you are forced to do something diffferent for a change and when you leave, you feel refreshed.
    It's so true! When we first learned about all the closures we were pretty bummed. We only get to visit once a year and my extended family hadn't been in several years. PLUS it was my 2 year olds first time. Not getting to take him on Pirates and Small World was sad but having so many rides down gave us the opportunity to slow down and truly enjoy all the special normally unnoticed details of the park instead of running from one e-ticket to the next. We had a great time and my little one didn't even care about the rides. His favorite part was dancing to all the different music everywhere he went!

Glad that you had a great time, kandirae

• Minion

Last night we did a whirlwind "3 hour tour" of DL!
    We got there just as the fireworks were starting, and the park was NOT crowded!
    We took the train from Main Street to NOS, went on Haunted Mansion, Pirates, Winnie the Pooh (shared a chocolate caramel cashew pretzel stick at the Honey Pot ), Indiana Jones, Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters, and the TIKI ROOM.
    We finally got to see/experience Maynard at the Tiki Room (which was almost empty at that hour) while enjoying a Dole Whip.
    Walking through the park just before closing time on a "school night", no crowds, just music playing, wonderful sights and lights ... remembered just how magical Disneyland still can be!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I love walking down Main Street after dark. My camera takes pretty good nighttime shots. In a few days, I am happy to say, I will be able to do just that very thing.

I took my dark-ride-averse son on Pirates for the first time yesterday. I told him the beginning part might be a little scary, but the rest is just singing pirates. At about the treasure room, he turned to me and asked, "Where is the scary part?"

Oh, and he was really impressed that there was a whole restaurant INSIDE the ride!
    "I know this is probably your first flight, and it's...mine too!"

The Ambiance, alone sets Disneyland apart from anything else! The feeling I have walking down Main Street, and making that left hand turn into Frontier Land is one of the best feelings in the world! Boarding the boat at Pirates of the Caribbean, walking through the castle, etc.! It truly IS magical!

Favorite DL Ride:
    Splash Mountain, Pirates of the Caribbean and Haunted Mansion
    Favorite DLCA Ride: Radiator Springs Racers

I really like the smell inside pirates of the carribbean for some reason

• we jumped out a window

They handle lost items quite superbly as well!

Last Friday I noticed my phone was missing and backtracked to where I believe I had it last. The "environmental restoration" crew were very helpful and aided me in searching the area. Unfortunately they didn't find it but they directed me to Guest Relations at the park entrance.

Guest Relations recorded every possible detail regarding my phone, including type of case, color of case and even the wallpaper on the screen. I returned into the parks for a dinner at Plaza Inn then received a message at another number that my phone had been recovered!

As might be expected on such a busy day, quite a few people lost items and to see the level of dedication, thoroughness and helpfulness was very impressive.

I ended up up emailing positive feedback for both the Mickey and the Map cleaning crew and the Guest Relations crew so hopefully they'll get recognition and or prizes out of it.

• Former Churro Jockey

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    I love walking down Main Street after dark. My camera takes pretty good nighttime shots. In a few days, I am happy to say, I will be able to do just that very thing.
    Off topic but what kind of camera do you have? My 5.1 megapixel takes HORRIBLE nighttime shots, and I have virtually no nighttime shots of DL or DCA, which is really a shame since the park looks so good at night all lit up.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

Here's my contribution (you can read my entire trip report if you like in the forum) - After reading the worst about Grad Nights, me and my family braved a two day trip to DLR that we had planned prior to the Grad Night schedule. As each day wore on more and more teens crowded the parks. A couple of times I found myself getting annoyed (really there's nothing you can do about it in the stretching room of the HM, regardless of Grad Night) all I had to do was to look at my 4.5 year old to see that he was oblivious to the grads and completely immersed in enjoying himself at DLR. Immediately I was reminded where I was and how much fun we were having. I pretty much controlled whether or not they effected me. now if I could do this with other aspects of my life...

Also a couple of times a group of grads would break out into a chant or song while in line and this totally entertained the boy, and me.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast