Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Re: The Positivity Thread

Anymore happy stories to be heard? To many negative ones lately. Can we make this a sticky thread XD

• Substitute Princess

The last time I went, my sister and I rode the Disneyland Railroad for the first time. Despite being annual pass members and going to the parks since I was little, we had never even ventured up the railroad platform before. We were seated when the conductor told the driver to hold on a minute and announced a couple's 50th wedding anniversary. The couple were blushing and holding hands in a railroad car across from us and it was a very precious, adorable moment. The entire train applauded their marriage, and someone yelled out "YEAH, WHOO GO _____ & ______!"

I love how at Disneyland, it's not just two people celebrating an anniversary... it's a whole train-ful!

• world class bilge rat

Quote Originally Posted by Katie1228 View Post
    Fun thread!
    I love all the flowers and plant life, especially when it is specifically themed for the land or a season/holiday. The vibrant colors and variety make Disneyland so beautiful!
    Where I live, it's miles and miles of sagebrush. Same color all year; there's nothing green around here.

When I visit DL, the first thing I notice is all the greenery throughout the park. It's another world to me; it accentuates the fact that I'm on vacation.

• world class bilge rat

Quote Originally Posted by TheMagicFlower View Post
    The last time I went, my sister and I rode the Disneyland Railroad for the first time. Despite being annual pass members and going to the parks since I was little, we had never even ventured up the railroad platform before. We were seated when the conductor told the driver to hold on a minute and announced a couple's 50th wedding anniversary. The couple were blushing and holding hands in a railroad car across from us and it was a very precious, adorable moment. The entire train applauded their marriage, and someone yelled out "YEAH, WHOO GO _____ & ______!"

I love how at Disneyland, it's not just two people celebrating an anniversary... it's a whole train-ful!
    Along the same lines, the last time we visited DL, my future Son-in-law proposed to my daughter, on Main street during the fireworks.

Of course, the crowd hooted and hollered, but even better was when the fireworks were done, a couple of CMs invited us into one of the nearby shops. One of the suits and several other CMs were waiting; they congratulated the couple and gave them a pass for a private ride on The StoryBookLand Canal Boats.

Stuff like this is absolutely priceless. No one can pull this off as good as DL. True magic at its finest.

I just joined the forum today and this thread is making my heart burst.

To me, Disneyland is just pure magic. Considering the foot traffic that they see, and the money, and the corporate agenda and the insane amount of organization and hierarchy that is involved, even as an adult when I walk through those gates I am transported to another world.

I am a Disneyland fanatic, and when people ask me what I love the most, the truth is it's the attention to detail. I have been to Disneyland ten or eleven times in my life (and at least half of those have been in the past few years), and I am still always learning new things about the park and having new experiences while I am at it. Everything- the scents, the sound design in the different lands, the Jungle Cruise maps and the horseshoe prints in the ground in Frontierland- it all lends to the magic. I think the food is great, the CMs seem to take real pride in their jobs, the storytelling of each queue and attraction is second-to-none.

I love that it is a wholesome place, but you see people of all types and ages there, finding joy. I love seeing a couple in their seventies walking around the park with their Mickey ears on, without grandkids, just being kids and having fun together. I love seeing the "social clubs" with their biker-esque vests covered in Chip and Dale patches. I love seeing the super-alternative teenagers with 10 000 face piercings, pale makeup and trench coats giggling on the teacups.

The sense of imagination and the re-inventing and re-adjusting of the park to fit modern appetites for entertainment while maintaining a vision from nearly sixty years ago is spectacular. I love that they still maintain a place that (I think) Walt would have loved.

• Banned User

Last edited by BarkerBird; 07-03-2014 at 09:40 AM. Reason: double post - sorry

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by spacetraveller View Post
    ...Disneyland is just pure magic. Considering the foot traffic that they see, and the money, and the corporate agenda and the insane amount of organization and hierarchy that is involved, even as an adult when I walk through those gates I am transported to another world...

...it's the attention to detail...

...you see people of all types and ages there, finding joy. I love seeing a couple in their seventies walking around the park with their Mickey ears on, without grandkids, just being kids and having fun together...
    Yes, yes, and yes!

Yes! I feel happier now. Thanks for the fun stories!

I am happy to see this thread here. I have been visiting Disneyland my entire life and it is still worlds above other theme parks. I do not live in my own delusional world, but I can honestly say I could not think of anything to respond to in the "worst or rudest experiences" threads.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

The new more active bats in the first cavern of Big Thunder Mountain Railroad make me happy - always liked the old rubber flappy ones, and these new ones are even better! Blacklight bat cave forever.
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

I also appreciate the food these days. Show me another park where you can get a fried green tomato sandwich. Bough I haven't seen it mentioned here, I end up craving the fish sandwiches from Tomorrowland Terrace (it's not fried, and has a ton of flavor and a bit of heat.)

• Former Churro Jockey

The new Frontierland game sounds awesome. They do have a few kinks to work out apparently, but that's okay since they haven't ever tried an interactive game like this at Disneyland before. It's nice to see Disney actually do something that seems to be specifically aimed their passholders, and I'm looking forward to trying it out myself!
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

I had a fun interaction with Eeyore on Friday that made me really happy. I was walking out of Pooh Corner, and Eeyore crossed my path on his way backstage. Surprised, I yelled out, "Eeyore!" and he turned, walked over to me, and gave me a high five. As he turned to walk away, I said, "Aw, Eeyore, I hope you have a NICE day." He stopped, turned back (with body language that indicated that he doesn't often hear someone say nice things to him), and blew me a kiss.

I felt like a little kid.
    "I know this is probably your first flight, and it's...mine too!"

• Former Churro Jockey

Another thread reminded me of this: I love how beautiful the park looks in the rain. Even though it would usually be a slow and boring day, I always liked working rainy days just to see how gorgeous everything looks. My favorite thing was working on the popcorn wagon in Fantasyland during Christmas, and at night if the pavment was wet enough it would reflect all of the Christmas lights from Its A Small World.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

The vast variety of carved pumpkins at Big Thunder Ranch during Halloween always makes me happy: when visiting in October, end up spending quite a lot of time just hanging out back there and looking at every nook and cranny, visiting the goats, watching the pumpkin carvers, etc.
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast