Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

• Former Churro Jockey

The Positivity Thread

I don't know if it's just me, but I've been feeling a lot of negativity on here lately so I thought I'd create a thread where we only discuss the things that Disneyland is really just getting right. It has to be something Disney is currently doing today, and if you disagree with someone, please leave that for another thread. Hopefully whenever anyone is not feeling Disneyland at the moment because they either closed a ride when they were there or were too crowded or they raised their price again on something people can come to this thread and be reminded of all of the great things that the parks still do.

So I'll start. For me personally I would say the first thing that comes to mind is the food. Over the past 15 years or so the food quality at the parks has really improved. When I worked there in the late 90's, it seemed like Disney was incapable of making a decent burger, and now all of the burgers are angus beef and all quite good. There are also a lot more healthy options and in particular I really like the Carnation Cafe. The food at the Plaza Inn was also dramatically improved when they refurbished it in '98. Cafe Orleans also really improved (although I liked it before) when it was turned into a table service restaurant. And of course, while I did kind of like the Monorail Cafe, the restaurants at the hotels are all quite good as well. Storyteller's Cafe is amazing, the new Tangora Terrace is incredible, and the Napa Rose is probably the best restaurant in Orange County. Now if we can just get an In N Out at Downtown Disney...
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

• Not the Hawkguy

Re: The Positivity Thread

Can I just talk about positive Disney things in general?

Because I'm going tomorrow and they're doing that IASW sing-along and that ride is my secret favorite ride and ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

• formerly very helpful

Great idea for a thread! I could use some positivity, too.

I was just at Disneyland and the place was immaculate. So clean. It was just wonderful.

I'll also mention the cast members who were not only helpfl, but seemed to really take joy in being helpful and friendly. Very appreciated!

• DLR Enthusiast

I love the idea for this thread. I've actually been feeling the same way. I was away from the forums for a while and when I came back I sort of realized there has been a bit more negativity than I remember.
    -Brian - Find me on Facebook

• Disneyland Dreamer

You've got to accentuate the positive. Eliminate the negative. And latch on to the
    affirmative. Don't mess with Mister In-Between....

Oooh how fun!

I liked learning quite awhile ago how there are different scents released in certain parts of the parks. And that aspect is just one part of the Disney magic that has always separated Disney from anything else.

I agree with Big D, the food quality has really changed since I remember going as a kid, even when I was 16 I remember feeling sick after eating a burger. Now most everything is amazing and there are so many more options than there were before.
    "We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." ~ Walt Disney

• Former Churro Jockey

Another thing that I thought of is the character meet & greets. When I worked there we did have Toontown but other then that there was not a good way to figure out what characters would be where other then asking a CM. Now people know for sure that they're going to see a specific character, they're going to get some really good photos because of how detailed the background is, and they know where to find them.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

Disneyland is a tremendous amount of fun and a great value for me personally. I is a great experience every time I am there. There is always something new to do. Even if some things are closed there is still an overwhelming amount of fun to be had doing other things through out the park.

•   
    • Is it rally time yet?

Fun thread!
    I love all the flowers and plant life, especially when it is specifically themed for the land or a season/holiday. The vibrant colors and variety make Disneyland so beautiful!
    ~ Katie ~
    My Gumball Rally teams:
    2014 - We Are The Ones Who Rally
    2013 - The Jawawockeez
    2012 - Why is the Rum Gone?

Disneyland will always be the happiest place on earth. "There i said it," Russell from Up.
    Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Visited/Future Visits:

Disneyland Resort: 1987, 1989, 1992, 1994, 2000, 2011, 2014

Walt Disney World Resort: ???

Tokyo Disney Resort: 2009

Disneyland Resort Paris: ???

Hong Kong Disneyland Resort: ???

• Done with MC.

I feel like there's a hint of the old style commitment and passion in the newer imagineers (and even some management) that the "Old Men" had. It seems like there's a real desire to achieve greatness by some.
    Also, the park looks better now than it did a few years ago in as much as things are being repaired and painted more.

• Haunted Mansion Fan

Thumbs up on this thread!

Last visit to the park, I thought everything was very clean, and the CM's were especially friendly!

Do not pull down on the safety bar please; I will lower it for you.

• Former Churro Jockey

Quote Originally Posted by Katie1228 View Post
    I love all the flowers and plant life, especially when it is specifically themed for the land or a season/holiday. The vibrant colors and variety make Disneyland so beautiful!
    That's a good one, I can't believe I didn't think of that one first. Disney's agriculture department has to be the best in the world. The way they can completely change out whole planters to match the season is really amazing. It makes the park (especially Main St) so much more beautiful.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

Yes to the flowers and plants at Disneyland. I especially love the topiary outside of It's A Small World.

• Minion

When I stand by the fountain in New Orleans Square in front of the train station and look around I don't feel like I'm at an amusement park or "theme park" or whatever. It's such a beautiful area.

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast