Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Disney Renaissance FTW!!

Re: Lets talk Mad T Party!

Me and my family usually leave the park before it starts, but last time we were caught right in the middle of it, so we decided to walk around for a little.

We didn't really get it.

We thought the songs the band were playing were random, and the vibe didn't feel very Disney-ish. California Adventure is desperetely trying to get the Disney feel, and it works most of the time. But this Mad T Party thing feels more like a Baz Luhrman take on Alice in Wonderland. At least Glow Fest fit in with the rest of the park while they were going through that color phase. I see it's popular with teenagers who love the club and dance thing (I don't), but I wish it didn't take up an entire land of the park.

• Meh

It always fun to go through there, once the sun goes down my friends and I will go there and get a couple drinks, and dance for a bit, then head over to carsland or Tower of Terror.
    Grim, I lost her once; I'm not gonna lose her again.

One thing I strongly dislike about Mad T Party is the choice of music, they choose somewhat "obscure" music as opposed to ElecTRONica which focused more on song that are currently popular at the moment.
    "Hello folks, welcome aboard the Disneyland Railroad..."
    "The Gods have been angered by all the celebratin'..."

I just wish they'd move Mad T Party further away from Monsters Inc. I'd love it if they moved the whole night club scene in between Hyperion and Tower of Terror somehow. Smart speaker placement would mean not too much sound bleeds over into Bugs Land due to the Tower of Terror absorbing most of the sound.

I looked up videos of Glowfest and Electronica and both of those seemed to take place on a much larger scale than Mad T Party does. I mean, Glowfest used the entire Hollywood Blvd. facade and threw a giant street party in front of Animation Academy and Disney Jr. I'm okay with a smaller scale Mad T Party, just in a different spot. Tomorrowland Terrace would be another decent spot but I think Disney won't sell alcohol to normal day guests in Disneyland for another decade or two.

• Unhelpful User

Tron Legacy did not flop. It made grossed over 600 million, which is why #3 is in the works. When that movie eventually releases, ElecTRONica will be back.

• A Cheerful Chick-A-Dee!

I was pretty sour about ElecTRONica when it was there, but I prefer that over the Mad T Party at this point.

• Greetings, Program!

Quote Originally Posted by AuroraBoredealis View Post
    I'll be the first to admit, I LOATHED Mad T Party the first few times I went by it. I'm still bitter that ElecTRONica is gone (yes the movie flopped and there was nothing to do there but come on... you pass through a recognizer!!).
    A lot of people are under a pretty grand misconception that this film flopped.

At the end of its theatrical run, Tron: Legacy had grossed $400,062,763; $172,062,763 in North America, and $228,000,000 in other countries.

It's not Avenger numbers, but I wouldn't sneeze at a 200 million dollar profit. Considering that a third movie has been greenlit, apparently neither does Disney.
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

• Im awkward youre gorgeous

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizmo2000 View Post
    A lot of people are under a pretty grand misconception that this film flopped.

At the end of its theatrical run, Tron: Legacy had grossed $400,062,763; $172,062,763 in North America, and $228,000,000 in other countries.

It's not Avenger numbers, but I wouldn't sneeze at a 200 million dollar profit. Considering that a third movie has been greenlit, apparently neither does Disney.
    I guess maybe I was referring more to the critical reception. It did make a huge profit, and I personally loved it to pieces, but I feel like people got psyched when it came out and then totally forgot about it. But that's more of a "general feel" I have than anything backed up with numbers :-P

• Greetings, Program!

TRON (both films) wasn't everyone's cuppa joe.

The right people got it.
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12