Thread: 1313 = mm?

• Kingdom Comedian

1313 = mm?

I have always believed that Disneyland's address was 1313 because "M" is the 13th letter of the alphabet so "1313" stands for "MM" or Mickey Mouse.

It occurred to me today that I don't know where I heard that from. So I wonder, is that true? Has it ever been confirmed by someone in the company? Or is it just one of those fan-made-up things that get spread around?

Anyone know?

• I'm not really here

Re: 1313 = mm?

I have heard it said that it was not assigned by the city, but picked by Walt. But I have no confirmation. I guess one could always contact the city of Anaheim and ask their historical records department.

By way of another famous 1313, Donald Duck's address is 1313 Webfoot Walk Duckburg.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Hooterville, USA

I don't think anyone can say for sure, but it's a good story.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• formerly very helpful

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    I have heard it said that it was not assigned by the city, but picked by Walt. But I have no confirmation. I guess one could always contact the city of Anaheim and ask their historical records department.

By way of another famous 1313, Donald Duck's address is 1313 Webfoot Walk Duckburg.
    Don't forget 1313 Mockingbird Lane.

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by sbk1234 View Post
    Don't forget 1313 Mockingbird Lane.
    Love me some Munsters!

In regards to the OP's topic, I think that it's fun to think about but I don't know how accurate that rumor really is. As far as I know, I haven't seen any legitimate source confirm it. Then again, Walt could have easily picked it out at the time and could have essentially had "first dibs" on whatever address he wanted since Anaheim was so undeveloped at the time.

• Still lost in Neverland

It was related some time ago by a Disney expert from the studio at a presentation at Disneyland on Disneyland. The Anaheim City Manager from back then was at the meeting and he told us the story behind the address 1313 and it is true. The city of Anaheim was not the place it is today and a lot of rural roads like Harbor was, did not have any street addresses so they went to Walt and asked what street number he wanted for Disneyland's address and he picked 1313 because of the MM connection. We learned a lot about the Construction of Disneyland and the many problems that came up over zoning and addresses and building heights, etc. It was very interesting. But the MM story is very much fact.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Meh

Quote Originally Posted by timbabbcomedian View Post
    I have always believed that Disneyland's address was 1313 because "M" is the 13th letter of the alphabet so "1313" stands for "MM" or Mickey Mouse.

It occurred to me today that I don't know where I heard that from. So I wonder, is that true? Has it ever been confirmed by someone in the company? Or is it just one of those fan-made-up things that get spread around?

Anyone know?
    I've heard this many times and it sounds right to me, either that or its a rather large coincidence!
    Grim, I lost her once; I'm not gonna lose her again.

• Disney Renaissance FTW!!

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    Donald's birthday is also on Friday the 13th. You can see it in one short where he joins the Navy or Army or some kind of armed forces like that.

• Your cadaverous pallor

I think they let Walt pick the address between a bunch of numbers but I think its mickey mouse but they also included it in monsters university so I think it is something Important (probably Mickey mouse )
    I Fresh baked!

• Kingdom Comedian

Thanks for the input everybody

1313 is also the year Monsters University was founded.