Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Seeing the same CM on different visits?

Ok this is going to seem weird, but the last three times I have been to Disneyland I have come across the same CM in the main plaza in front of the castle at the turkey leg and chimichanga stand, I remember her because she is from Germany! I don't know her name but I always see her, has anyone else seen this CM? Or have an experience where they have seen the same CM on different visits? I am curious!

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Re: Seeing the same CM on different visits?

There is a very helpful CM I've come across on several visits since maybe 2006 - he started at the old Disney Gallery upstairs in NoS, and then was at the Main Street location/Mr. Lincoln building after it shut down. Likely a location Manager, and always a pleasure to talk to.

• Meh

Before I moved to Southern California I would go to the parks every 4 months or so and I would ALWAYS see this same short guy working at Space Mountain! He's not there anymore though
    Grim, I lost her once; I'm not gonna lose her again.

• Your cadaverous pallor

yah Totally I go every 4 or 5 months see the same people like Richard on splash mountain that lady that I cant exspalin that works on Winnie the pooh the older guy from fantasy land, the middle age women on POTC that is so enthusiastic, Tammy from the Haunted mansion, Brain who works on Jungle cruise and Omnibus, theirs this girl that works on Space mountain that her face kind looks like a rat, then there's the large guy that works on Matterhorn and storybook land and then hector I think is his name from the Matterhorn, then there's John and the guy with the goatee on TOT and many more I cant think of now
    Last edited by G242; 04-10-2014 at 05:43 PM.
    I Fresh baked!

Something I'm curious about, we as AP's tend to see and recognize CM's time and time again, even if they were standing away from us.

But do these CM's ever recognize us? Something I've always pondered.

For me, I specificially remember Tiki Room CM's (one jumps out in particular and I think a good number of people would know who I'm referring to) but that's probably because they're have to go through the spiel at the beginning.
    "Hello folks, welcome aboard the Disneyland Railroad..."
    "The Gods have been angered by all the celebratin'..."

Quote Originally Posted by JanitorofSHIELD View Post
    Something I'm curious about, we as AP's tend to see and recognize CM's time and time again, even if they were standing away from us.

Lol if you listen to Window to the Magic, a lot of CM's recognize Paul Barrie since he's there so often, probably the same for Andy Castro and Norman Gidney as well since they are frequent visitors.
    "Hello folks, welcome aboard the Disneyland Railroad..."
    "The Gods have been angered by all the celebratin'..."

•   

That depends on how often you visit us and on how memorable your appearance is. If you look at the numbers, we see a lot more of you than you see of us. That can make it hard to remember people. I can think of a number of AP's who I recognize when they come to visit though. There's even one with widespread first-name notoriety though I won't say any names.

• Queen Elsa

I usely see at less 2 different CM all the time they know me by heart and even know me by my real name.

We would see the same bellman at the Disneyland Hotel every time we checked in. In fact, we requested that he carry our bags and him and I would chat away about Disneyland Hotel history. Mike started at the Disneyland Hotel in 1968 and just recently retired. One day he said to me, "you know, nobody has ever written a book about the Disneyland Hotel's history." That is what planted the original seed for my books.

• Under that tree again!

I talk to CMs a lot.

A lot of the older ones, vs the college kids are the ones that stuck around. I know a bunch and a bunch know me, and a few know my niece and nephew too. A few I have an out of park relationship with.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• #bringevilback

I seem to recognize a lot of people and I have had some recognize me back, usually it's because I don't take stairs, so the CMs over at CA Screamin know me well since I'll ride it a few times each day while I'm there. Also, I was surprised that a ST CM recognized me and even asked how my arm was doing. I don't remember having a significant interaction with her so that was a nice surprise. I guess it helps that I had fun, memorable arm casts...

We we also have a character who we now know well and who adores my niece, and we know one of her handlers and say hi to him when he's out, even if he's not with her. Again, having a cute kid and a fun cast imprints you into people's memory!

During August 2012 Around Fronteirland I saw a cast who was sweeping and while we were at our table he interacted with us asked how our day was,which rides,we rode,and introduced himself. Then on March 2013 I found him again but he didn't remember me

• The doctor is in

I've had the same server at Cafe Orleans twice in a year. She was my server in March 2012 and again in October. I saw her still there in May 2013 but I wasn't sat in her section.

I also saw the same CM working Indiana Jones twice in a year.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

At the French Market, there's a CM named Tom. We met him 2 or 3 visits ago and we see him every time. He always remembers us and he's has a great sense of humor. It's always fun to talk to him.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast