Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Senior Minion

Re: Finding Nemo Submarines to change to Star Wars?

Quote Originally Posted by TFN5459 View Post
    By having the subs target younger children, they can have an attraction to ride in Tomorrowland, where they might be too young for Autopia, Star Tours, or Space Mountain. I remember as a kid Tomorrowland being kind of inaccessible due to the fact that so many attractions had height requirements. Essentially what I'm saying is the ride does get a good amount of popularity from its "target audience" and I don't fit into that category but I enjoy Nemo very much for what it is.
    They could have built a ride that both little kids and older people enjoyed, kinda the whole point of DL you know, but they failed to do so.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Seawolf View Post
    I hope they go through with it so their constant saturation of franchises collapses upon itself and we can actually start seeing a reversal of their poor strategy to become Universal.
    Do what, make the subs a Star Wars attraction or turn the whole land into Star Wars?
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Dive ..... Dive.....

Turn the whole land into Star Wars.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    They could have built a ride that both little kids and older people enjoyed, kinda the whole point of DL you know, but they failed to do so.
    I agree with you in that one, they could have added more for older audiences to look at, maybe a tribute to the graveyard of ships from the old ride in the scene with Bruce and the sharks for example.
    "Hello folks, welcome aboard the Disneyland Railroad..."
    "The Gods have been angered by all the celebratin'..."

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Seawolf View Post
    Turn the whole land into Star Wars.
    Well, that could possibly backfire, but I'm not really sure if it would, and if it does happen it won't be for some time. It's so popular and has been so long it's hard to imagine that it won't remain so for many years to come. But I don't think they're going to do that. I suspect it will remain TL, but relatively soon get a couple more SW attractions. I just can't see them waiting until a third gate is built to do anything with Star Wars in Anaheim.
    -Walt Disney

• Disneyland Nerd

The two points that came to mind while I was thinking about that is 1) the Star Wars universe is very expansive and trying to cram it into Tomorrowland wouldn't do it justice in my opinion (with the exception of Star Tours) and 2) Tomorrowland should be its own unique entity, not turned into a land focused around one main franchise (Carsland was new construction where as Tomorrowland was an opening day land).

I'm a big Star Wars fan but I think that putting it into Tomorrowland would be less than ideal, the Third Gate is a perfect place to put all of the SW universe and to use it to its full extent.
    I fully agree with you here. I love the Star Wars franchise, but Tomorrowland is one of my favorites and it is iconic to the park. Trying to change the whole land into a Star Wars theme would be a really bad idea for Disney, plus, it would leave Imagineers with a tough decision when it comes to Space Mountain and Astro Blasters and rides like these. There is no way they would switch the iconic Space Mountain to a new Star Wars theme, and Buzz Lightyear is not going anywhere either. As far as the Avatar talks, I do not see that coming. A land is already in the works for Avatar in Walt Disney World, and I assume that is all Avatar will be getting for now. I think, overall, switching Tomorrowland to a Star Wars theme would just outrage a lot of long time Disneyland fans, and that is not something Disney wants to do.

Just my two cents!
    All Things Disney Youtube Channel!!: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuT...1J2Xw/featured

Disney is basically my life!

• Disney Renaissance FTW!!

Kind of weird to put stuff that are supposed to be in a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away in a place called "Tomorrowland..."

Quote Originally Posted by RenaissanceMan View Post
    Kind of weird to put stuff that are supposed to be in a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away in a place called "Tomorrowland..."
    The exact reason why they put Star Tours at Disney's Hollywood Studios at Walt Disney World.
    "Hello folks, welcome aboard the Disneyland Railroad..."
    "The Gods have been angered by all the celebratin'..."

The exact reason why they put Star Tours at Disney's Hollywood Studios at Walt Disney World.
    Exactly!I'd personally move it to Hollywood Backlot.

I mean Hollywood Land; I'm still not used to that.

• Under that tree again!

The future's past can still be the present's future.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    The future's past can still be the present's future.
    That's true... Star Tours does seem very futurish ^^

• Senior Minion

I always felt like Star Tours worked well because they focussed on the transportation aspect which fit well with the rest of TL.
    -Walt Disney

Wait ? I thought the star wars project was cancelled.

Quote Originally Posted by kmelvin06 View Post
    Wait ? I thought the star wars project was cancelled.
    Was it ever even confirmed?

Was it ever even confirmed?
    Since Iger killed the rumors of the submarines going away, I think the whole Star Wars plans that Miceage wrote about are questionable.
    Murphy,with that neck, is like E.T. in dragon form

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast