Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Finding Nemo Submarines to change to Star Wars?

Since Bob Iger said that the submarines at Disneyland are not going anywhere any time soon, what if there is little progress on the refurbishment because they are waiting for a design based on the new Star Wars movie. The submarines could be re themed to Star Wars in time for the 60th anniversary and before Star Wars Episode 7. It makes sense considering that they want to add more Star Wars in Disneyland and it would be a cheaper way of adding more Star Wars without tearing down and building a new attraction.

• Disney Renaissance FTW!!

Re: Finding Nemo Submarines to change to Star Wars?

Jar Jar Binks' Adventure Through Nabuu?

No, the subs will return with Nemo as they did in 2007. Quite honestly, I think Disney's making a big mistake if they think that it would be a good idea to put more Star Wars into Tomorrowland outside of Star Tours, it needs to wait for the third gate in the future.
    "Hello folks, welcome aboard the Disneyland Railroad..."
    "The Gods have been angered by all the celebratin'..."

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by TFN5459 View Post
    No, the subs will return with Nemo as they did in 2007. Quite honestly, I think Disney's making a big mistake if they think that it would be a good idea to put more Star Wars into Tomorrowland outside of Star Tours, it needs to wait for the third gate in the future.
    While I think that putting SW in the third gate would be a better design decision, I wouldn't say Disney is making a big mistake business wise. Wherever they put more Star Wars people are going to show up to see it.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Under that tree again!

What if they are getting rethemed to Avatar II since it is going to have underwater scenes?

Or Finding Dory since it will have Underwater scenes, likely a lot.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    While I think that putting SW in the third gate would be a better design decision, I wouldn't say Disney is making a big mistake business wise. Wherever they put more Star Wars people are going to show up to see it.
    The two points that came to mind while I was thinking about that is 1) the Star Wars universe is very expansive and trying to cram it into Tomorrowland wouldn't do it justice in my opinion (with the exception of Star Tours) and 2) Tomorrowland should be its own unique entity, not turned into a land focused around one main franchise (Carsland was new construction where as Tomorrowland was an opening day land).

I'm a big Star Wars fan but I think that putting it into Tomorrowland would be less than ideal, the Third Gate is a perfect place to put all of the SW universe and to use it to its full extent.

The Nemo subs are too recent and popular to change already.

• Meh

I definitely don't see this happening Like swampy said, maybe some Finding Dory I can believe..
    Grim, I lost her once; I'm not gonna lose her again.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by RenaissanceMan View Post
    The Nemo subs are too recent and popular to change already.
    Popular? LOL!
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

Popular? LOL!
    ...... There's always a line when I go...... :P

But that's probably because it takes like ten minutes to load everyone.

Popular? LOL!
    Probably not for the older audience, but I know plenty of younger children who absolutely love the subs and Nemo

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by TFN5459 View Post
    Probably not for the older audience, but I know plenty of younger children who absolutely love the subs and Nemo
    Well that's no surprise, most young children will happily watch the same movie over and over.
    -Walt Disney

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by RenaissanceMan View Post
    ...... There's always a line when I go...... :P

But that's probably because it takes like ten minutes to load everyone.
    Yeah, that's why it would make no sense to use them for a Star Wars ride. The capacity is just too low.
    -Walt Disney

Well that's no surprise, most young children will happily watch the same movie over and over.
    By having the subs target younger children, they can have an attraction to ride in Tomorrowland, where they might be too young for Autopia, Star Tours, or Space Mountain. I remember as a kid Tomorrowland being kind of inaccessible due to the fact that so many attractions had height requirements. Essentially what I'm saying is the ride does get a good amount of popularity from its "target audience" and I don't fit into that category but I enjoy Nemo very much for what it is.

• Dive ..... Dive.....

I hope they go through with it so their constant saturation of franchises collapses upon itself and we can actually start seeing a reversal of their poor strategy to become Universal.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast