Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

LiveFastDiePoor - quick yet informative videos based around Disneyland attractions

Recently I was browsing Youtube and came across a Youtuber by the name of LiveFastDiePoor. While the name seems a dime of dozen on Youtube, don't let that deceive you and bypass his channel. LiveFastDiePoor runs a show called Randomland. How can I describe Randomland? Just imagine if the guy who creates all those little handheld books filled with nothing but random facts decided to expand upon that by doing a video series, with each video being on expanding the history and knowledge behind the random fact.

Basically, LiveFastDiePoor has a YouTube series called Randomland where he talks about, what else? The various random things at Disneyland. He goes over various subjects from the history of the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse, finding the secrets behind Pirates of the Caribbean, and even trying to locate the various "Poop Gates" of Disneyland (I'll let you figure out what I mean by that on your own )

LiveFastDiePoor's videos are informative and short enough (With most of his videos being around 5-8 minutes long and rarely going over 15 minutes. While giving off his loving passion for Disneyland, he also likes to inject random humor to keep the viewers entertained a bit after a little rambling on his part. I don't know about you, but those random chuckles he gives me really makes his videos all the more entertaining. While a lot of his information is stuff a lot of us already know, his videos would be a perfect introduction to some of the secrets of Disneyland to those who are not hard to the core bone Disneyland fans like some of us are. They're informative enough so the viewer learns a bit, funny enough to keep the viewer watching, and short enough as to not waste a lot of the viewer's time. If you haven't seen any of his videos, I'd recommend some of these as a starter pallet to his type of video shooting, editing, and humor as a whole.

A brief overview of some of the lesser known abandoned attractions of Tomorrowland with a lot of focus on the remains of the Motorboat Cruise's docks.

Locating several of the smell cannons, or "smellitzers" along Main Street which pump out delicious scents all along the sidewalks.

Talking about the Raiders of the Lost Ark truck in front of the Indiana Jones Adventure queue.

A simple overview of the rise, use, and fall of the Peoplemover whose tracks still remain hovering over Tomorrowland today.

If you've been wanting to get a friend or family member well acquainted with a lot of the history, facts, and lore behind a few things at Disneyland, Randomland is definitively a YouTube series you should show them. Informative, funny, and short, they're the perfect way to get across the basic ideas and facts to someone you know. And even if you know a lot of the facts, history, and lore behind every inch of the park, you should still watch his videos anyways. His passion for Disneyland matches the passion of many other fans, and that love for his videos leaps off the screen and starts to run a little on you and may make you crack a smile to see how happy he is to be sharing all this information with as many people as he can over the internet.

Total Tender Rides: 20
    Total Lilly Belle Rides: 9
    Total Dapper Days Attended: 2
    Total Mark Twain Wheelhouse Rides: 5

• Disney Renaissance FTW!!

Re: LiveFastDiePoor - quick yet informative videos based around Disneyland attraction

I found this guy earlier this week, too. I marathoned everything he's made hahahaha

My favorites of his were crossovers he made with AdamTheWoo: Top 5 treats from both of the parks.

• Chief Wizard, ImpaQt FX

Re: LiveFastDiePoor - quick yet informative videos based around Disneyland attraction

So sad for the motor boat ride! Oh well, on to bigger and better things, like Star Wars attractions and bringing back the people mover (at least using the track!). So, my big question... how do I actually work on the new attractions at Disney? Seems like I'd have to get a hold of the Imagineering group. I'm a big sci-fi fan, Disneyland nerd and Star Wars collector. Even have a hyper realistic Boba Fett costume that has 200 hours into it!

• Briar Patch Bears Coach

Yes, I remember finding him about a half a year ago, his videos are awesome! I strongly encourage subbing to him. Also InsideTheMagic runs a great weekly podcast as well as many informative videos.

Quote Originally Posted by BreR F0x View Post
    Also InsideTheMagic runs a great weekly podcast as well as many informative videos.
    I also encourage looking up ITM. I'm on Spring Break and have been going on a Disney park subbing spree lately hahahaha

Briberry is another good Disney park channel!

Adam the Woo and Justin Scarred are awesome. I've been subscribed to both of them for quite some time now. It's like Disney with a little bit of humor. Adam has been in California for quite some time now and makes a ton of videos from Disneyland. I highly recommend checking out both of their channels.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

I've known his channel for a long time now and I love the randomlamd series and I agree their entertaing, funny, and imformative I highly reccomend watching them to learn about disneyland history

• Heavy Breather

Adam, LiveFastDiePoor, and Briberry are all great channels for any Disney Park fan.

• DLR Enthusiast

Ruffio?? Is that you??

Excellent vids
    -Brian - Find me on Facebook

oddly enough, I just posted about this and started a new thread just the day before bongo posted this, here Disneyland trivia videos and I do agree, the day i found him i did a randomland marathon

While this guy also does Disneyland, a good YouTuber for Disney WORLD would be iThemePark. He travels all over the place, but primarily focuses on filming just areas all around WDW. He never speaks or shows himself on camera (I don't even know what he looks like), so it's a really nice way to see what the park is like.
    The Disney Renaissance

1989-1999

I've watched a lot of iThemePark's videos, and I quite like them as they do give me a view of the park as if I were an actual guest. Although I do sort of wish there were more people like LiveFastDiePoor. iThemePark is good if you want to experience the park, but with LiveFastDiePoor's videos, he gets one on one with the audience and focuses more on the small nuances of the park rather than the grand scale of things.

LiveFastDiePoor and iThemePark are totally different types of YouTubers, and both put out really great quality videos. They both just produce different kinds of videos; LiveFastDiePoor goes over the small facts and details of the mundane while iThemePark goes over the parks as if you were really there.

Hmm, any other good YouTubers out there that mainly focus on Disneyland?

Total Tender Rides: 20
    Total Lilly Belle Rides: 9
    Total Dapper Days Attended: 2
    Total Mark Twain Wheelhouse Rides: 5

• film975

Quote Originally Posted by Bongo View Post
    I've watched a lot of iThemePark's videos, and I quite like them as they do give me a view of the park as if I were an actual guest. Although I do sort of wish there were more people like LiveFastDiePoor. iThemePark is good if you want to experience the park, but with LiveFastDiePoor's videos, he gets one on one with the audience and focuses more on the small nuances of the park rather than the grand scale of things.

LiveFastDiePoor and iThemePark are totally different types of YouTubers, and both put out really great quality videos. They both just produce different kinds of videos; LiveFastDiePoor goes over the small facts and details of the mundane while iThemePark goes over the parks as if you were really there.

I like to consider myself one of those. There's a link to my latest video in my signature below. Another good one is Tim Babb of Tim Babb's Kingdom Comedy fame.
    Last edited by film975; 04-15-2014 at 10:52 PM.

• The doctor is in

Interesting facts, but kind of annoying videos.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

Quote Originally Posted by Bongo View Post
    Don't forget FreshBakedDisney!

Find our trip report videos on Youtube at FreshBakedDisney. Find our blog at www.freshbakeddisney.com.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast