Soarin' Problems

Yesterday Soarin' was having some major problems all day. I knew when I went to go get FPs at 12:30 that there was something wrong as the Fp return time was already at 7PM and the Stand-by was barely outside the building but had a posted 75 min. wait, which was the same as RSR's wait. So then when I returned at 7 with the FP, the FP line was outside the door! So I asked the CM what was going on and she said that only 2 of the 6 carriages were operational. So only 60 people could go per flight. Even with a FP, it took 40 min. to get on since the right theater was completely closed and the left theater was only using Gate A and Gate B. The other carriage didn't even go up into the show with the other two, it was strange. 33% capacity.

And it it seems that today it hasn't been fixed, since according to MouseWait they are not distributing FPs and the line is already an hour.

Anyone know what's going on?

Re: Soarin' Problems

Sounds like there may be some mechanical issues. Hopefully it is resolved quickly or they close the ride completely and move some things around on the refurb schedule.

• Disney Renaissance FTW!!

My big issue with Soarin' right now is that the screen looks really beat up. It's starting to ruin the mood for me.

If I remember correctly they have only been running one theater for the past few weeks.

• Loving all things Disney!

Well that stinks! I hope they get it figured out soon!

• #bringevilback

This was the same for me a month or two ago, right when it came back from a short downtime. Right side closed, left at 2/3 capacity, same gates as what you posted. Seems like they really need to get to work on this!

I did the left theater this morning, all 3 carriages were in use then. I waited for gate B.

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

I still think they should rebuild the attraction with an extra screen in behind TOT and Cars Land and then use this area as an extension of the "National Park". It would solve the capacity and reliability issues and only makes financial sense when the mechanism and projectors are already slated to be replaced or significantly refurbished. Plus the queue is basically almost impossible to improve in it's current layout.

We went yesterday around 1:00 and we going to get a fastpass, but the return time was 7:30, so we got in the standby line, wich was the shortest wait I have ever had! 2 min outside, and once inside, it moved pretty quick. Guest were being directed to both theaters, we went to the one on the right, and everything was working on our side.

Quote Originally Posted by PirateLover View Post
    We went yesterday around 1:00 and we going to get a fastpass, but the return time was 7:30, so we got in the standby line, wich was the shortest wait I have ever had! 2 min outside, and once inside, it moved pretty quick. Guest were being directed to both theaters, we went to the one on the right, and everything was working on our side.
    It must have just reopened!

I just went yesterday and both theaters were fully operational. Looks like they fixed whatever went wrong...
    Explanations of myself are not possible.
    Follow my insta!! @disneyland_theoneandonly

• Fowler'sINN

Soarin was probably the coolest ride when I first rode it back in the early 2000's..

after a couple disappointing rides due to the deteriorating screen I WILL NOT RIDE THIS ATTRACTION until they refurb, meaning they replace all the screens to HD and incorporate the new video they just filmed. Come on Disney, don't let one of the best rides in the park reach the crappy quality that shows today...

That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobeee View Post
    I just went yesterday and both theaters were fully operational. Looks like they fixed whatever went wrong...
    Did they fix it? It's been a low capacity since mid February
    "Hello folks, welcome aboard the Disneyland Railroad..."
    "The Gods have been angered by all the celebratin'..."

Quote Originally Posted by TFN5459 View Post
    Did they fix it? It's been a low capacity since mid February
    Everything went smoothly for my 3 flights. All carriages were loaded with people, and both theaters were in use. My guess is they were understaffed or there were some major mechanical problems with the ride.. Nevertheless, still my favorite ride in DCA and still a great experience..
    Explanations of myself are not possible.
    Follow my insta!! @disneyland_theoneandonly

Quote Originally Posted by jacobeee View Post
    Everything went smoothly for my 3 flights. All carriages were loaded with people, and both theaters were in use. My guess is they were understaffed or there were some major mechanical problems with the ride.. Nevertheless, still my favorite ride in DCA and still a great experience..
    The ride was schedule for a major refurb but instead they choose to come back at less than 50% capacity. It might be understaffed but you would think that they would have pulled CM's from elsewhere since this is a major E Ticket in DCA.
    "Hello folks, welcome aboard the Disneyland Railroad..."
    "The Gods have been angered by all the celebratin'..."