Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 86
  1. #31

    • Disney Superfreak
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    20 Miles from the Magic
    Posts
    36

    Re: What Disney movie deserves (but doesn't have) a ride at the parks?

    I agree! I kept telling my friends that instead of Pandora, they put in a Lion King Land, and they can move the show there too!

    Also, Tron, for a while at DCA, had the elecTRONic Party, until it was replace with Mad T Party.

  2. #32

    • Disney Superfreak
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    20 Miles from the Magic
    Posts
    36

    Re: What Disney movie deserves (but doesn't have) a ride at the parks?

    Quote Originally Posted by bamato View Post
    ^^This x100000000.
    Guys, Tron is getting a ride at Shanghai. Tomorrowland. 2017. Meet you there.

    It's a bike race thing, I believe.

  3. #33

    • formerly very helpful
    • Online

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    My new house in Southern California
    Posts
    5,296

    Re: What Disney movie deserves (but doesn't have) a ride at the parks?

    I also think a Black Hole adventure could be amazing.

  4. #34

    • Disney Superfreak
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    20 Miles from the Magic
    Posts
    36

    Re: What Disney movie deserves (but doesn't have) a ride at the parks?

    Definitely.
    I now own property in Frontierland named "The Backside of Water." Life can't get much better.

    AP holder

  5. #35

    • Minion
    • Online

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Mission Viejo
    Posts
    1,165

    Re: What Disney movie deserves (but doesn't have) a ride at the parks?

    Isn't Aladdin already repped at WDW?

  6. #36

    • -
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Uijeongbu
    Posts
    6,621

    Re: What Disney movie deserves (but doesn't have) a ride at the parks?

    Quote Originally Posted by CASurfer65 View Post
    Isn't Aladdin already repped at WDW?
    Yep. Spinning carpets.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

  7. #37

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    256

    Re: What Disney movie deserves (but doesn't have) a ride at the parks?

    I don't have any suggestions for rides (I guess I'm just not imaginative enough), but I am amazed at how many people love/request dark rides! I love the dark rides but it almost feels like most people are a little "meh" about them these days.
    I guess I would love a new ride in Toon Town. I don't even venture in there anymore because the only thing worthwhile, IMO, is seeing Mickey or Minnie. A new GOOD ride based on just about anything would be welcomed with me!

  8. #38

    • Disney Renaissance FTW!!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    330

    Re: What Disney movie deserves (but doesn't have) a ride at the parks?

    Quote Originally Posted by greenalfonzo View Post
    Aladdin's Magic Carpet Ride! Make it suspended like Peter Pan's Flight. You launch out of the palace's balcony and over the town and through the desert night to the song 'A Whole New World.'
    THIS.

    I would also love to see a Mary Poppins, Beauty and the Beast, Hunchback of Notre Dame, and Hercules rides.
    The Disney Renaissance

    1989-1999

  9. #39

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Agrabah
    Posts
    11,148

    Re: What Disney movie deserves (but doesn't have) a ride at the parks?

    Quote Originally Posted by Amanda949 View Post
    I don't have any suggestions for rides (I guess I'm just not imaginative enough), but I am amazed at how many people love/request dark rides! I love the dark rides but it almost feels like most people are a little "meh" about them these days.
    I guess I would love a new ride in Toon Town. I don't even venture in there anymore because the only thing worthwhile, IMO, is seeing Mickey or Minnie. A new GOOD ride based on just about anything would be welcomed with me!

    WHOA!!! Just have to say I disagree with people not being excited about dark rides these days! Dark rides, in my opinion are the heart of DL's Fantasyland, With Pan, Toad, Alice, Pinocchio and Snow White! And Small World is Classic for 50 YEARS, still going strong! Where would DL be without the Haunted Mansion and Pirates??!?!?!?! Indiana Jones is GREAT dark ride from the 90's. Splash Mt would be NOTHING without its dark ride sections. A large reason DCA 1.0 failed miserably is because of the lack of classic dark rides, and its still short in that category. The dark ride sections of Radiator Springs Racers are a large reason why it is so successful!

  10. #40

    • formerly very helpful
    • Online

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    My new house in Southern California
    Posts
    5,296

    Re: What Disney movie deserves (but doesn't have) a ride at the parks?

    Very well put, Aladdin! What most people call dark rides, I refer to as Audio-Animatronic rides, since to me that includes the more advanced like POTC and HM. But it's still the same basic thing. Bring me through an amazing environment where I can enjoy the scenery and story.
    I really think DL could use more of the big AA rides, the way EPCOT had a bunch in its golden years.

  11. #41

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    256

    Re: What Disney movie deserves (but doesn't have) a ride at the parks?

    Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    WHOA!!! Just have to say I disagree with people not being excited about dark rides these days! Dark rides, in my opinion are the heart of DL's Fantasyland, With Pan, Toad, Alice, Pinocchio and Snow White! And Small World is Classic for 50 YEARS, still going strong! Where would DL be without the Haunted Mansion and Pirates??!?!?!?! Indiana Jones is GREAT dark ride from the 90's. Splash Mt would be NOTHING without its dark ride sections. A large reason DCA 1.0 failed miserably is because of the lack of classic dark rides, and its still short in that category. The dark ride sections of Radiator Springs Racers are a large reason why it is so successful!
    I guess when I say "dark ride" I'm thinking of the FantasyLand style dark ride and not so much the more exciting Indy or SM rides.
    But the reason why I said people seemed "meh" about dark rides is because when The Little Mermaid opened in DCA most of the casual DLR fans and guests that I spoke to were unhappy with it. When I would ask them why they didn't like it (I didn't get to visit the attraction until about 5 months after it opened so I was very eager to hear about the ride) they all said the same thing; "It's just another dark ride." So, because of that I got the sense that many folks today aren't enjoying the beauty and simplicity that the dark rides offer.

  12. #42

    • Meh
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Neverland
    Posts
    3,286

    Re: What Disney movie deserves (but doesn't have) a ride at the parks?

    Yeah, I could go for Tron ride, maybe Aladdin..
    Grim, I lost her once; I'm not gonna lose her again.

  13. #43

    • Greetings, Program!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,371

    Re: What Disney movie deserves (but doesn't have) a ride at the parks?

    Quote Originally Posted by tututiara View Post
    Guys, Tron is getting a ride at Shanghai. Tomorrowland. 2017. Meet you there.

    It's a bike race thing, I believe.
    Shanghai. Yeah.

    I go to Shanghai all the time.
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

    AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

  14. #44

    • Future Imagineer!!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    a long way from DL in the Bay Area
    Posts
    3,692

    Re: What Disney movie deserves (but doesn't have) a ride at the parks?

    Beauty and the Beast for sure!!! Although when I was younger I thought it would be a great idea to have a ride where you were in 101 dalmations and your car was being chased by Cruella DeVille


    Keeper of the Dynamite Goat on RCMC

  15. #45

    • Disney Superfreak
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    20 Miles from the Magic
    Posts
    36

    Re: What Disney movie deserves (but doesn't have) a ride at the parks?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ortizmo2000 View Post
    Shanghai. Yeah.

    I go to Shanghai all the time.
    Fair Point.
    I now own property in Frontierland named "The Backside of Water." Life can't get much better.

    AP holder

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Question] What movie would you like to see get in to the parks?
    By mickeyfan42 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 05-18-2011, 12:15 PM
  2. [Chat] After Little Mermaid, What Disney Classic deserves a Dark Ride?
    By hyperskreem in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 03-26-2011, 08:14 PM
  3. What Funny Things Have You Heard In the Parks From Guests?
    By Sorvian in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05-22-2008, 11:59 AM
  4. What Disney movie nevre to have a ride would you want to get one?
    By Jessicalover in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 02-20-2006, 01:39 PM
  5. What Disney movie is this?
    By hoppypooh in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-07-2005, 10:52 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •