Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

• Your cadaverous pallor

Re: What Disney movie deserves (but doesn't have) a ride at the parks?

Lion king, frozen, Beady and the Beast Mary Poppins, Princess and the frog, Aladdin, Cinderella,101 Dalmatians, lady and the trap, Mulan, Emperors new grove, Lilo and stitch,The Incredibles simulator, meet the Robinsons, Ratatouille,WALL-E walk-around Animatroic like push and the Jungle book
    I Fresh baked!

•   
    • Minion

so many to list. The obvious ones to me are BATB, Lion King, Cinderella, Bambi. Ones I would like....Steamboat Willie, TRON, Princess and the Frog, Hercules, Treasure Planet, Lady and the Tramp, Mary Poppins, Fantasia (although you could say that's Fantasmic sort of. to name a few.

If I may add a few to the list? Wreck it Ralph, The Mad Doctor, Fox and the Hound, Great Mouse Detective...>.> Not sure on where they'd go aside from Fox and the Hound.

• Mrs. J. Depp

I think a movie should be maybe be 15 years or older to get any kind of permanent attraction. It should have to pay its dues, earn it's stripes, and see if it's still relevant after that time has passed. With that being said, I think Mary Poppins is long overdue for an attraction of some sort. I'm sorta thinking Great Movie Ride style, but you could go so many directions with this.
    Of course I'd love to see others represented too. The opportunities are limitless, which is why it'd need to be narrowed down.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

Lightbulb Re: What Disney movie deserves (but doesn't have) a ride at the parks?

Two [interrelated] suggestions:

(1) 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. This always got shortchanged at Disneyland, with only a sets-exhibit in the 1950s. Disney World and Tokyo Disney both got lavish Nautilus rides, and the Vulcania setting at TD is stunning. I know this is an old movie, but I still think it is one of the best adventure films ever made, with Disneyesque "true-life adventure" undersea panoramas and very contemporary humanitarian conflicts. I would create a TD-like setting for the present sub lagoon and replace the present generic subs with elegant Nautiluses, like the old DW fleet. A dark and mysterious ride: giant squid of course. And a surprise "way stop" on the hidden other-side of the lagoon, where people could disembark, visit, then hop back on the next Nautilus for the journey home. That surprise way-stop would be:

(2) Atlantis. There's all that wasted space in the old "motorboats" area of Tomorrowland. Build Atlantis there: a compact version of the island from the Disney movie, through which visitors could stroll, meet Atlantean CMs, shop at some exotic Atlantean craft displays, perhaps a sound & light show like the finale of the film. And of course get your photo taken with Kira!
    ______
    Rachane

It would be cool if they made a Goofy/Max ride in Toontown.

If they did that would be so awesome.

• Your cadaverous pallor

Quote Originally Posted by SunsetLament View Post
    For me, this is why Avatarland was such a mistake - for the same money they could have put an animal-themed Fantasyland with five or six C-ticket dark rides for kids - it would have fit the park's theme and is exactly what that park needs.

Lion King
    Pete's Dragon
    Bambi
    Princess and the Frog
    The Rescuers
    Robin Hood
    101 Dalmations
    Jungle Book
    Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
    why is mr toad listed do we need another, yes we do
    I Fresh baked!

Quote Originally Posted by Rachane View Post
    Two [interrelated] suggestions:
    (2) Atlantis. There's all that wasted space in the old "motorboats" area of Tomorrowland. Build Atlantis there: a compact version of the island from the Disney movie, through which visitors could stroll, meet Atlantean CMs, shop at some exotic Atlantean craft displays, perhaps a sound & light show like the finale of the film. And of course get your photo taken with Kira!
    They had originally planned to revive the Subs in the late 90's/early 2000's with Atlantis but pulled the plug after the movie didn't do financially well at the box office.
    "Hello folks, welcome aboard the Disneyland Railroad..."
    "The Gods have been angered by all the celebratin'..."

• Wannabe Mousketeer

My Nomination would be a ride based on has to be, Flight of the Navigator. While I realize that it is very unlikely, a Star Tours type flight simulator would be fantastic (and another tie to Star Tours, is that Paul Reubens was the voice of "Max" in the film and credits that role with him getting the role of the voice of "Rex" in Star Tours) I'd love it if a section of this ride included the song I Get Around by the Beach Boys.

I also love the idea of something from the Tron Franchise being made into a ride. But does anyone remember that it USED to have one? The Speed Tunnel and World of Tron section of the People Mover!
    The Thousandth Happy Haunt Mike Howard has a plan to become a permanent fixture of a popular Disneyland Attraction, The Haunted Mansion. A short story by L. Christopher Bird (ZenMondo).

flynnOS.org "A digital frontier to reshape the human condition."

JediPath.org Real-life applications of the Jedi Philosophy, without the mysticism.

• Minion

Hunchback of Notre Dame, such an underrated movie

• formerly very helpful

I know technically this movie is represented, but I'd love to see the Adventure of Sleepy Hollow part of the Adventures of Ichibod and Mr. Toad represented. (Wow, that was wordy!) this could make an awesome dark ride, on par with Pirates or Haunted Mansion. It would also be so much better for Halloween than the overlay of the Haunted Mansion.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by sbk1234 View Post
    I know technically this movie is represented, but I'd love to see the Adventure of Sleepy Hollow part of the Adventures of Ichibod and Mr. Toad represented. (Wow, that was wordy!) this could make an awesome dark ride, on par with Pirates or Haunted Mansion. It would also be so much better for Halloween than the overlay of the Haunted Mansion.
    I totally concur with this.

• Greetings, Program!

"Down and Out In Beverly Hills" needs a ride.
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    The Avengers (really? this movie brings in so much cash for Disney and all they do are a couple of meet and greets?) This could make a great dark ride.
    Not only that, but Disney has really nailed human figure animatronics, but they don't put them into new attractions (a la the Epcot/Pirates/American Adventure type attractions that rely on realistic human AA's). So here they have a way of synergizing a franchise with an existing and beloved technology to create a potentially amazing attraction.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by madgei View Post
    Off topic, but you know what movie I think doesn't deserve a ride? Frozen. I just might get hurt for saying this, but Frozen was awful in my opinion. I gave it a couple chances due to it being such a big hit, and I couldn't even finish it the second time around. They tried WAY too hard on this one.

you're not alone. It doesn't deserve a ride. Even as a dark-ride, i don't think the story is engaging enough or visually stimulating enough to be turned into a ride. Not saying it's impossible, but people will be humongously disappointed.

The ones that does?

THE JUNGLE BOOK -- Imagine a Pirates of the Caribbean type boat adventure located in Asia of Disney's Animal Kingdom. Go from scene to scene of the film's most iconic moments and… well… I didn't want it to be that close to Pirates, but it would have to end with a fiery finish with Shere Khan's tail. But before you disembark, Baloo and Bageera are sad to you see you return to the Man Village, but they know you'll soon be back.

TRON or TRON LEGACY -- Finally happening, yay

ALADDIN -- Not a spinner ride. A Fantasyland type dark ride as many of you have suggested, but I prefer a roller coaster escaping from the Cave of Wonders. Part dark ride, part Coaster, things go awry when Abu reaches for that massive gem.

TARZAN -- Another coaster concept, but through the jungle. Watching Tarzan surf through the jungle was almost like a thrill ride in itself, but in this one, we're escaping from a herd of baboons and Sabor the leopard.

DICK TRACY -- I still love the idea they had for Crime Stoppers, mixing a Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters sensibility on an Indiana Jones E-Ticket ride. Even if Dick Tracy didn't win at the box office, this ride would still be a classic today if they went with it.

ROCKETEER -- A flying coaster. Come on.

ATLANTIS: THE LOST EMPIRE -- Disney has the capability of bringing us to new worlds. If you haven't watched this film, take a look at the world they created. There's vehicles, animals, the architecture… it would be massively enjoyable to see in person.

I'll stop there.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast