Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• MiceChat News Team
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Administrator
    • MiceChat Contributer

Blog Entries

A Pooh in need is still a Pooh indeed!

As I passed the very empty queue for the Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh ride this evening around 8:20 pm I had to stop and take this shot. It is a succinct commentary on the popularity of this Pressler era ride. A draw so low that it has no wait time.

We decided to ride it for kicks and giggles. From the entrance through the line and onto our very own ride car with still NO ONE in line behind us and no one exiting the ride. The ride ended with empty vehicles backing up into the exit tunnel which delayed our exit.

Later on I passed afew of the other Pressler era rides like Innoventions and Honey I Shrunk the Audience and both had similar wait times as the other classic rides were still going strong. Autopia had a 40 min wait, Space Mountain had 50 mins, Alice had a 25 min wait. It's gonna take a while but Disneyland seems to be recovering. Now if they could only figure out what to do with some of the dead space in tha park.
    "All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals.
    Homer Jay Simpson

• It's a dead man's party!

Re: A Pooh in need is still a Pooh indeed!

I've seen Pooh lined up recently near the beginning of the entrance. I guess it just depends on the time of day. You figure you went at 8:20 at night, most of the little ones who would ride it are asleep in their strollers by then. lol.

Honey, I Shrunk the Audience needs to go though.
    Ghost Mickey Popcorn Bucket Mission? 10/14/10 SUCCESS! FINALLY!!!!

The only time I've seen a line for Pooh is people visiting from out of state thinking the Country Bears are still there.

And I agree - HISTA needs to go.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Last time I rode it was late-morning on a Saturday. No line. Complete walk-on.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

When Vic and I were at the park last week, the poor CM at HISTA looked bored and lonely.
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

• Iron-Clad Allie

HISTA and Innoventions are great places to go when one is in the mood for solitude and rest. The HISTA CM's are quite requently bored. They can get wierd and silly at times as a result. These two ghost-attractions not only need to go - they should be imploded!

Pooh sucks big Hafalump road apples. But, I'm hoping it will eventually be upgraded to the Tokyo or WDW format. Or else I'd like to see another ride that uses Tokyo's "trackless" techmology. I think a George of the Jungle themed ride is long overdue.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

WDW format? EEEEK no! That one is really no better than DL's - in fact all of WDW's fantasyalnd (bar Phillarmagic) is pretty substandard by comparison. Been on their Pan Ride? sorry but a bit of a joke

Let's hope for Tokyo's version thanx! That remote trackless technology btw is pretty cheap nowadays - I know of an Aussie theme Park (Dreamworld) that put a "Wiggles" dark Ride in featuring that technology for Less than 5 million!
    I'm just a bit more than Just Really Nice!

• Earth Intruder

Have you seen video of Tokyo's Pooh Hunny Hunt?

My jaw dropped and I couldn't stop saying "oh my god" during the whole thing in pure amazement.

And this is coming from a guy that HATES HATES HATES Winnie the Pooh. (I want to see that bear turned into a plushie rug after he's gutted and sold for meat pies at the Plaza Inn... but I digress...). Yeah, cool ride, that Tokyo.

Fu Man Pooh at DL might be fun if you were heavily medicated. And that's a big maybe.
    I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)

Founding Member of the BA!

• that's right!

I like Pooh. It's a fun ride, there's never a line (high cap + low demand XD), and it's as good as it could be. Seriously I think it's better than most of the Fantasyland dark rides (except Alice in Wonderland) because it's actually nice to look at and you don't need nostalgia-colored goggles to enjoy it.

• True Disneyland Nerd!

Lodi Ca, 6 hours from the Happiest Place on Earth *o*!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chernabog
    Have you seen video of Tokyo's Pooh Hunny Hunt?

My jaw dropped and I couldn't stop saying "oh my god" during the whole thing in pure amazement.

me too!! its always been a sore spot with me ever since Pooh opened! I mean, if we didnt HAVE a tokyo Pooh...we wouldnt really have anything to compare this one to..but to know the technology and creativity thats out there..and then see what we got...was just insulting and embarassing for the first and original Disney park...that Tokyo Pooh video online is amazing....the detail on that thing is friggin incredible!! .whenever i see the tourists from Japan visting our lil park....I wonder what they must be thinking....
    Ive always thought that our park, being the original...should have the best rides and the most detail...since its where The Dream started..but hey...what do I know??

• I'm your huckleberry.

Quote Originally Posted by Chernabog
    Pooh at DL might be fun if you were heavily medicated.
    Or if you're a kid. Its a great ride for the kiddies, and I've never heard a child complain about it.

Yeah, it might be boring for adults, but I don't think it was designed for a grown-up audience.

Besides, IMO ANYTHING would be better than CBJ.
    Yeah, yeah,

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• The one, the only...

Quote Originally Posted by a_hyperbole
    Or if you're a kid. Its a great ride for the kiddies, and I've never heard a child complain about it.

Yeah, it might be boring for adults, but I don't think it was designed for a grown-up audience.

Yeah, yeah,
    I think you struck on the problem. The ride was designed for children. Walt never did that. He always felt that would limit the appeal. I think he is right. The best rides are the ones that BOTH kids and adults love. Otherwise, kids grow out of rides.

When is POOH going to be replaced? I don't care if it is the most recent ride in the park. It FAILED! Disney needs to realize that right now it is a money looser. Also I think it DETRACTS from the character of Winnie the Pooh. I never really hated Pooh until this ride came out. This ride is like the abysmal sequels. They actually make you HATE the characters after you experience them. And I don't think it increased Pooh sales. I think it reduced them!
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

Even if it wasn't designed for adults, other dark rides can be entertaining for adults. This ride is so bad it was like the designers were, "Go get some bright yellow paint and some mirrors, but not too much, we're trying to save money, and go get some of that free cardboard from Costco..."
    I can say I have only been on twice, and I regreted both times...

Wasn't the original idea for DL's Pooh, a raft like ride. I remember seing the artwork for it, and it looked like a ride worth waiting for.

• Clearing my Calendar

Quote Originally Posted by Christi
    Ive always thought that our park, being the original...should have the best rides and the most detail...since its where The Dream started..but hey...what do I know??
    As long as we don't purposefully downgrade the others, right?
    "But every night, when it gets dark
    and the stars come out,
    I'll look up on her behalf.
    I'll look up in the sky and think of you."

• Earth Intruder

Quote Originally Posted by a_hyperbole

Yeah, yeah,
    LOL total mob scene on that one hyperbole.

One might argue that all of Disneyland "is for kids" (as many of my non-Disney geek friends do).

I don't feel that you have to be heavily medicated to enjoy every OTHER dark "kid" ride in Fantasyland, but of course that is just my opinion. I think the Pooh reviews were beaten to deal ad nauseum a few years back so I'm not going to repeat....

CBJ was fun, but yes, it was hanging around like an out-of-town guest by the end there. I wish they had put in a whole new animatronic show.... but even if they had decided on doing a new show, I have the utmost faith that under Pressler/Harriss it would have sucked mouse droppings.
    I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)

Founding Member of the BA!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast