Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• Loving all things Disney!

Talking Your Favorite "Land"?

Disneyland has Tomorrowland, Fantasy Land, Adventure Land, Frontier Land, and Critter Country. My most favorite land has got to be Adventureland - hands down. This is because it has all of my favorite rides, and the atmosphere is just amazing!

So what is your favorite land and why?
    "To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relieves fond memories of he past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world."
    - Walt Disney

• Banned User

Re: Your Favorite "Land"?

Adventure Land for the rides, but I think I like Fantasy Land more. The childhood memories that the sounds and sights bring up in me make me love it there.

• Loving all things Disney!

Quote Originally Posted by Curlyminx View Post
    Adventure Land for the rides, but I think I like Fantasy Land more. The childhood memories that the sounds and sights bring up in me make me love it there.
    I agree! I absolutely love Fantasy Land. To think that it has been a special place and brought smiles to so many kids is just so magical!
    "To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relieves fond memories of he past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world."
    - Walt Disney

• world class bilge rat

Odd as it may sound for a 57 year old single guy who has spent 40 years in the heavy construction trades, my favorite is Fantasyland.

I really like the attention to detail, plus the rides bring me back to a time when life was much simpler. They seem more immersive; easy to just get lost in and enjoy the experience.

I suppose the fact that I never got past age 12 from the neck up.........lol.

It is very hard to choose. Fantasyland has the most rides like to go on, but only because it has way more rides. New Orleans square is probably my favorite. It is a great recreation of the French Quarter, has 2 classic attractions, and a ton of great food options.

• Buena Vista St. & Red Car

Grizzly Peak. It instantly takes me back into all my summer trips to the High Sierra...Mammoth, Yosemite, and such. It's so pleasant with the wonderful rockwork, lush vegetation, rushing water, and powerful waterfalls. The theming is really great if you stop and look. I love the vintage, 40s & 50s camping/national park propping they have done throughout the land and it's attractions. The land is also home to characters and references from my favorite movie, UP! It's also right next to the gorgeous Grand California and all the amazing amentities and cozy theming there. Only thing is I wish the land were bigger and had more (like the once planned train ride).

• ...and the Flowers Croon

New Orleans Square, anytime before the blankets and squatters take over. Mornings there are lovely.

• Disney Superfreak

Definitely Tomorrowland. I love the way it makes me feel like I'm in the middle of nowhere, in the most high tech city ever.
    "Why would you want to build a theme park? They're so dirty and ratty." - Lillian Disney

"That's the thing. Mine won't be." - Walt Disney

World Premeir Pass Holder

• A Cheerful Chick-A-Dee!

Fantasyland is definitely my favorite. It brings back what very few memories I have of being there with my family when I was little. New Orleans Square comes in close second because of the atmosphere.

Even though it isn't listed by the OP, I would agree with the majority who have posted: New Orleans Square. It's got incredible atmosphere, two of the most iconic attractions in Disney history, and it's the only one in the world. Exclusive to Disneyland and totally unique.

But I really, really love all of the lands. When I was a kid one of our trips to Disneyland was in 1988 and I kept a park map/brochure to look at on the long drive home to Oregon. That particular park brochure had a separate page dedicated to each land. The land's names were each in a different font with Mickey Mouse dressed in a costume that represented that particular land. Looking at that brochure (for hours) really helped me understand the brilliance of Walt Disney when he created the different lands for Disneyland. They each have such a unique atmosphere and you truly feel transported to another place.

• formerly very helpful

I love the lands where I'm fully immersed in another time and place, so basically, I love the whole west side of the park. If I have to pick just one, I'd say New Orleans Square, since it also houses my two favorite Disneyland attractions: Haunted Mansion and Pirates of the Carribean. As ThBirdsSingWords said, this goes for before the Fantasmic crowds start coming in, and mornings are especially spectacular when the land is very sparsely populated and the attractions are walk-ons. It really helps sell the whole experience when you walk up the front steps of the Haunted Mansion instead of having to go through the queue switchback.

• Selfie Expert

New Orleans Square - my favorite ride as a kid was Haunted Mansion, and I just love the atmosphere. Not to mention one of my all time favorite trips included a trip to Club 33, also located there... so it really just holds a lot of really special memories for me.

Fantasyland is a close second, as I absolutely adore the dark rides and carousel. Definitely get some feels there.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Future Imagineer!!

It would be a tie between New Orleans Square and Adventureland. Both do such an amazing job at immersing you in your environment that I love it

Keeper of the Dynamite Goat on RCMC

• Meh

I want to say Adventureland because of the rides, but my heart is forcing me to pick Fantasyland.. Just walking through that place is magical!
    Grim, I lost her once; I'm not gonna lose her again.

• Minion

Fantasyland, Adventureland and New Orleans Square are my favorites. Toontoon would have made the list if there were more things to do.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast