Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

• Banned User

Re: What is something everyone likes but you dislike?

Quote Originally Posted by SunsetLament View Post
    That's a good one and I'll take it one step further ... I really dislike the way Disney approaches it's holiday decorating. The problem is not the decorations; my problem is that they leave them up for so long and that the decorating and take-down processes take forever (weeks) as well. Frankly, it's become too disruptive (imho). If they put up minor Christmas decorations over the last weekend in November ... and then took them down the second weekend in January (two days to decorate, two days to remove them) ... I wouldn't have a problem with it. But lately it seems that from September to February is one long holiday mess at the parks.
    I totally agree.

My list:
    Haunted Mansion Holiday - It ruins a classic and displaces it for far too much of the year. Massively inferior show.

Parades - Personally I despise parades (having been a performer), but I really like how they can shorten lines in the rest of the park. Unfortunately, they've been so milquetoast for the past decade, and the parks so full of blasé locals, they don't have that effect anymore; they just cause congestion and noise.

Meet and Greets - In theory, I would like these for the same reason as parades... it sucks people out of the ride queues. In practice, however, Disneyland is on the tipping point of matching Walt Disney World's horrible Meet and Greet to Actual Attraction ratio. For every Meet and Greet that opens, Disneyland is one more step closer to WDW (Walt Disney Walmart).

Autopia - I mean, really. In California?

Disneyland's Fireworks - Really? Shut down huge swaths of the park so you can fill the sky with pollution?

World of Meh - Totally the most pointless "show" Disney has put out in many years. Though I suppose if you were a child in the 80's or later, your parents probably kept you shut up by endlessly playing the same videotapes (80's), DVDs (90's), or BluRays (00's) over and over, so I guess audience's standards are much lower.

Fantasmic. I'm not interested in watching magic.

Corn Dogs, parades, fireworks and Grizzly River Run. Not a big fan of being soaking wet at the parks.

•   
    • Minion

Dole Whips
    The Peoplemover
    Churros (I will qualify this to say the PARK's churros. You can get better ones in Downtown LA...)
    Monte Cristo sandwiches
    Corn dogs
    Turkey Legs (to be fair I've never had one and never will)
    All of the Disney Princess stuff. I think the Fantasy Faire is gorgeous but I hate how there's such an emphasis on the princesses. I wish they'd just showcase strong and interesting female characters instead of lumping them all into one 'princess' behemoth corporate marketing drive.

• Disneymom

Mine would have to be the Dole Whip. I really didn't like it.

• " Planet of Puddingheads"

Princess Fantasy Faire
    Starbucks
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

The robitussin flavored mint julep.
    Space Mountain.
    Haunted Mansion Holiday.
    I believe my future must be brighter than my past. Without that belief, I'm just waiting to die.
    --> Zero to Hero Transformation

Quote Originally Posted by Malina View Post
    All of the Disney Princess stuff. I think the Fantasy Faire is gorgeous but I hate how there's such an emphasis on the princesses. I wish they'd just showcase strong and interesting female characters instead of lumping them all into one 'princess' behemoth corporate marketing drive.
    I agree with you so much on this, I could hug you!
    Seriously, the Princess thing is pretty sickening. I LOVE the Princesses, please don't get me wrong, but there is a massive over saturation of them in the parks and the Disney stores. It's to a point now where that's all they have to appeal to some little girls. AND they've even sexified Merida! Yuck! Keep them strong! Let girls know they don't have to be delicate little flowers. At least when I was a kid I could love Aurora AND She-Ra! I could pretend to kick butt and be ladylike.

Okay, that being said, I don't enjoy WoC (way overrated) or turkey legs. I wanted to barf the first time I had one. Yuck!

Just wanting to add another opinion of mine on here.

New E-Ticket attractions in Tomorrowland. Don't get me wrong, I love the current line up of E-Ticket attractions like Splash Mountain and Indiana Jones, but what I really want is something a little simpler. It's almost like a lot of people are advocating for E-Ticket attractions to replace the Submarine Voyage, Autopia, and Innoventions. Not every ride has to absolutely blow my mind or be the most highly themed attraction to date. In all sincerity, I hope they keep an attraction like Innoventions up. By that I mean a simple show building that provides a quiet and air conditioned escape from the crowds that is located in the corner of the park.

Total Tender Rides: 20
    Total Lilly Belle Rides: 9
    Total Dapper Days Attended: 2
    Total Mark Twain Wheelhouse Rides: 5

Frozen and Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Haunted Mansion Holiday. I don't like the overlay, and hate the fact that I can't go through Disneyland's haunted house at Halloween, of all times. If it's so great,give it its own ride someplace, or at least cut it back so it doesn't start until at least November sometime.
    "Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money." - ​Walt Disney

• keh!

Lincoln. I was excited when I first watched it and it turned out to be a complete snore fest. Don't need to do that again.

I also don't care for parades and meet and greets.

Oh yeah, does Tomorrowland still have that band who plays using trashcans and buckets? Those type of performances anywhere always annoy me. I think the sound is awful.

OOOH, this is a good one,let me think

World of Color.. a major disappointment,and you can't even sit down!
    Radiator Springs Racers..Come on, its just a gussied up Fast Trak (although the town is lovely)
    And last but not least, the new and improved,politically correct Pirates of the Caribbean with Movie tie in..I'm still hoping someone will come to their senses and remove Johnny Depp
    "A little consideration, a little thought for others, makes all the difference." – Eeyore

• Done with MC.

I would enjoy WOC if I could sit down. But after a whole day of walking around and being on my feet I just can't relax enough to enjoy it. Having no seating was a surprising fail on Disney's part.

• Fallapart in my Backyard

Corn Dogs
    Haunted Mansion Holiday

Parades
    Autopia
    -I will never go on again
    Tom Sawyer Island-Will never go back
    Matterhorn and Indy-Painfully annoying
    Tower of Terror-a broken Maliboomer

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast